SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2010, 07:25 AM   #1
mnisbet
mnisbet is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L
Default Looking At Buying 2007 Vue-Opinions/Advice Wanted

Hi there. I'm new to the forum. I'm currently looking at purchasing a used '07 Vue. 2.2 litre with 5 spd. manual trans. Pwr. locks, windows, A/C, htd. seats, cruise, tilt. It has 63,000km on it (I'm in Canada).
I've called my local GM dealer and had them run the VIN and was told the vehicle history (as far as repairs in a GM facility). Appears that it was always worked on at a dealership. Wheel bearing, shifter cable, in-seat heating element. Small stuff.
The Car fax report checks out as well. No accidents and everything else good.

I did notice that at about 70mph the front door windows rattle a bit. Other than that, nothing.

Is there anything I should look out for/watch on this vehicle?

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mnisbet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mnisbet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mnisbet is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
qwikz28
qwikz28 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Looking At Buying 2007 Vue-Opinions/Advice Wanted

Welcome! Here's a post I made to another member who posted a similar question, edited accordingly for the 5 speed model. While I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, any wrong or missing info can be brought up by another member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
Our fuel caps tend to go bad every 40 or 50k miles or so. I had one that even went bad after a year. It's cheap, buy a few, and if you ever have a EVAP leak code, swap them and be merry.

Link:
http://www.amazon.com/Stant-10841-Fu...4663576&sr=8-1

Also, as for the struts, shocks, and mounts. They suck. Mine, like Chillin, only squeak in the cold. My struts were shot after about 40 or 50k. I now have Monroe shocks, struts and mounts. I liked the quality of the mounts, but don't like the dampers. I will likely go back to OEM after these wear out.

Sway bar endlinks are also a repeat offender. I bought Duralasts from Autozone and now have a lifetime warranty. They are also easy to replace. I would put some sort of anti-seize compound on the threads when you do end up replacing them because they can be difficult to remove.

Lastly, wheel bearings. I haven't encountered them yet, but people that have, say they are awful to replace. This is the one repair that I will not try and tackle. I will give it to a shop, and let them do it. When the time comes, post up and someone will suggest a quality wheel hub for you.

That is all. Sorry for the lengthy response, but thats our cars. I love my Vue. I really do. If you saw my driving, you would be much more confident in your own car's future longevity. Our cars though require preemptive maintenance that saves headaches. Good luck with the new car!
It seems as if the service you listed that has already been done on the car are among the more common offenders. You are lucky that they are newer parts on the car. These cars are rather simple by nature, so fewer parts do go wrong, but rather the little nagging things tend to be what drives many away from the brand. I think road noise and little broken bits of plastic and rattles are a big issue. If those aren't big issues to you, then this car is great. The interior is the size of my apartment. The handling is great. Gas mileage is wonderful. Parts are cheap.

I think 90% of the issues I've had with my car are specific to the Honda-sourced drivetrain of the V6. The rest of the car has been good to me, although I would give an appendage for better noise insulation. Post up if you have any more questions!

Hope that answers your original question.

-2006 Saturn VUE V6 AWD...built by GM, powered by Honda.
-2002 Chevy Camaro M6...built by GM, and then rebuilt by me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to qwikz28's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help qwikz28 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #3
mnisbet

2007 VUE 2.2L

Thanks!! I pick it up next Wednesday.

Anybody know the official colour name for the misty green colour? Is it Savannah Green? They've got it listed as grey on the ownership.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mnisbet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

2003 VUE 3.0L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnisbet View Post
Anybody know the official colour name for the misty green colour? Is it Savannah Green?
Looks like 'Cypress Green' . . .
http://www.carsdirect.com/2007/saturn/vue/colors
Good luck with it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
Vue in Ontario
Vue in Ontario is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Thanks!! I pick it up next Wednesday.

Anybody know the official colour name for the misty green colour? Is it Savannah Green? They've got it listed as grey on the ownership.
If it's listed as grey on the ownership aren't you a little concerned that the vehicle in question has been in an accident that called for it to be totally repainted after repair?!?!?

Is this from a dealership or private sale?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue in Ontario's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue in Ontario reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vue in Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #6
mnisbet

2007 VUE 2.2L

Dealership. I've run a carfax on it as well as had a friend at my local GM dealer run the vin through the system. Everything comes up no accidents. The used car dealer I'm dealing with is pretty big and has a good rep for being up front with all that stuff.
It was bought and serviced at the same Saturn dealer for the entire life of the vehicle. It was a leased vehicle.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #7
mnisbet

2007 VUE 2.2L

Just got an e-mail back from the dealer. You got me thinking there Ontario.
I had him run the VIN again to get the build sheet. Here's his reply:

"the color listed on the vehicle build sheet is 88u storm grey this color is usually somewhere between a green and grey color".

That clears it up for me. It's a very light tinge of green. Also explains why it's listed as grey on the records.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
Routs
Routs is on a distinguished road

Quote:

"the color listed on the vehicle build sheet is 88u storm grey this color is usually somewhere between a green and grey color".

That clears it up for me. It's a very light tinge of green. Also explains why it's listed as grey on the records.
Yep, Storm Gray does have a tinge of green in it. Great colour though (I have it on my '06) and especially nice in the sun with all of the metallic flakes shining through. If you do see it up against a true green Vue, you will see just how little green there is in it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Routs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Routs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Routs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #9
Vue in Ontario

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 AURA XE

Quote:

Glad to hear it. Most car dealership are honest.... but the used car dealer stereotype has to come from somewhere.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Vue in Ontario reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #10
mrtube
Advanced Member
mrtube is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Just wanted to note the rattling you are hearing is not the windows, its the plastic panels.

They are known for rattling. Its one of the few if not the only downside to having the Saturn plastic panels.

You get used to it after a while, unlike having a large dent in your fender

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mrtube's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mrtube reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mrtube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:28 AM   #11
mnisbet

2007 VUE 2.2L

LOL!

We had a '94 SL1 and had 7 problem free years from it. I DID love the plastic panels. We dropped a cylinder, traded it, the mechanic at the used car place bought it for his son, dropped another motor in it and it's still on the road today with a great looking, rust free body.

Hoping for many years of driving this Vue. I pick it up tomorrow.

Oh, Vue in Ontario, where in Ontario are you? I'm just south of London.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #12
Vue in Ontario

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 AURA XE

I'm in Grimsby, between St. Catharines and Hamilton. My Vue purchase was fairly recent too, about 6 months ago now. Bought it after our Intrepid decided to burn up in our driveway one night about 5 minutes after my wife returned from work..... funny thing was, the car apparently was showing no signs of there being any problems.

Anyway my Vue purchase story can be found here if you want to give it a read.....

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155172

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #13
Midnight13
Midnight13 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL
2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vue in Ontario View Post
I'm in Grimsby, between St. Catharines and Hamilton. My Vue purchase was fairly recent too, about 6 months ago now. Bought it after our Intrepid decided to burn up in our driveway one night about 5 minutes after my wife returned from work..... funny thing was, the car apparently was showing no signs of there being any problems.

Anyway my Vue purchase story can be found here if you want to give it a read.....

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155172
It's not uncommon to see a dodge on fire! seen my brothers daytona in flames, dodges are known for electrical problems,at least in my other brothers 10 plus years in various dealers and garages experience.that daytona must of had an oil leak..or gas ,who knows..

not the first time i've heard of a dodge on fire,step brothers too,and the neon we have now is nothing but a transmission nightmare! just not a fan of dodge.

"Not for human consumption!" - Peas in the Pod

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Peas-in-a-Pod/160649663950771

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Midnight13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Midnight13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Midnight13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #14
Vue in Ontario

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 AURA XE

Yep I'm done with Chrysler too..... after stupid little sensors and such kept going on the Intrepid. Fix wasn't hard, easy do it yourself jobs but most of these dang sensor cost between $100 and $200. A transmission sensor went on my Dad's Vue..... cost $30 buck

I remember talking to a guy who had a great line about his Caravan........ he said, "I know why they call it a Grand Caravan...... because every time I take it in it cost me a thousand dollars"

Anyway I can't come down too hard on Chrysler, back in 1999 I was driving my Dodge Daytona, at night, down an old back road. This old dirt, packed hard clay really, road had a railroad crossing that had been closed for 5 years on it. Seems some small outfit decided to lease the line from CN and start running a one a day train on it.

The speed limit was 80k and the farmer hadn't worried about cutting his cornfield back at all and I also assumed there would be nothing out there, as I said, nothing had run on that track for at least 5 years. I come out of a small valley doing about 80k because it a back road, night time and the last time I was over this old crossing they had completely covered it with dirt so it was very smooth. Well, I hear a train whistle

I remember instantanious thinking if this train hits me I'm dead..... if I hit it, I might have a chance. I locked up the brakes and proceeded to make a skidding direct hit right between the two engines. My little Daytona apparently got shot straight up in the air and then rolled several times into a deep ditch beside the tracks 50, 60 feet from the roadway.

My car actually came to rest on all 4 wheels. I than simple took off my seatbelt, opened the door, and walked away. My only injuries were some broken glass in and around my elbow and a black eye from where the airbag apparently made me punch myself in the eye, or at least that's my best guess anyway.

Car was completely totalled , roof was pancaked down, as was the door..... really can't believe it opened so easily. The roof was so low you really could no longer sit up in the car but because I came back into the seat with such airbag assisted force I complete broke the seat back which allowed me to be almost in a lying down position through most of the accident.

So no matter what I think of Chrysler now... on September 20th 1999, Chrysler served me well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-11-2010, 06:34 AM   #15
mnisbet

2007 VUE 2.2L

Wow. I'd be cleaning out my pants after that!

Grimsby eh. I use to work at a truck plant and all of our brass fittings/nylon and braided hoses came from Parker Hannifin in Grimsby. I've been by through there a few times.

I picked up the Vue last night in Stratford. Rode really nice on the ride home. I think I'm going to love it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #16
RainMan
RainMan is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

I recently bought an 2007 Vue with approximately 46,000 miles on it. When I got it home I noticed a few small issues with it which were all fixed under warranty. Come to find out the things I just had fixed were pretty common. Over all I am very happy with my VUE. Its not a luxury vehicle or anything, but for the money I am extremely happy. I am just disappointed that I wont ever to be able to buy a new one in the future.

Enjoy your Vue!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RainMan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RainMan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RainMan is offline   Reply With Quote