SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Mods and Performance
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2002, 01:01 AM   #1
Tycho
Tycho is on a distinguished road

Default Expression Series (gay)

K...Saturn of Anchorage (who has the WORST service and sales of ANY car dealer I've been in as of late...they were excellent a year ago when I got my car...) has a nice ricey SC2 for you Altezza I have money to burn and bad taste to boot people...

http://homepage.mac.com/dgiessel/.Pi...r/satricef.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/dgiessel/.Pi...r/satricer.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/dgiessel/.Pi...ickershock.jpg

PLEASE!!!...so freaking rediculous

For the 6K markup for that gay fartpipe and stoopid plastics and wheels add I'll take a Quaife LSD and Twistec Turbo thank you very much.

I can't wait to start smoking this new generation of riced out Saturns

Forced induction is rape.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tycho's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tycho reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2002, 01:28 AM   #2
DBLW1
Advanced Member
DBLW1 is on a distinguished road

Wow...$24,990!!!

A new 227hp Subaru AWD WRX with a spoiler is cheaper.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DBLW1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DBLW1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2002, 01:47 AM   #3
Plastic Gravity

Quote:
Originally posted by DBLW1
Wow...$24,990!!!

A new 227hp Subaru AWD WRX with a spoiler is cheaper.
If you can find a dealer that will sell it for a fair price. Not only are they asking thousands over list around here, getting a test drive takes a letter of reccomendation.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Plastic Gravity's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Plastic Gravity reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 03-24-2002, 01:57 AM   #4
DBLW1
Advanced Member
DBLW1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Plastic Gravity

If you can find a dealer that will sell it for a fair price. Not only are they asking thousands over list around here, getting a test drive takes a letter of reccomendation.
Carsdirect.com - Check it out...they're selling them for msrp, at least in my area.

Other options for $25k:

Toyota Celica GTS
Acura RSX Type-S
Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Hyundai Tiburon V6 6spd
VW GTI 1.8t
Ford Focus SVT

(let's not do comparison, I'm just pointing out vehicles that has more performance for the same price or less)

Last edited by DBLW1; 03-24-2002 at 02:04 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DBLW1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DBLW1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2002, 02:12 AM   #5
Plastic Gravity

Default Re: Expression Series (gay)

Quote:
Originally posted by Tycho

For the 6K markup for that gay fartpipe and stoopid plastics and wheels add I'll take a Quaife LSD and Twistec Turbo thank you very much.

I can't wait to start smoking this new generation of riced out Saturns

With all the extra plastic and that 40lb muffler hanging off the back, this thing will be getting blown off the road by old ladies in Corrollas.

What's the window banner say? Sucker?

Quote:
Originally posted by DBLW1

Carsdirect.com - Check it out...they're selling them for msrp, at least in my area.

Other options for $25k:

Toyota Celica GTS
Acura RSX Type-S
Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Hyundai Tiburon V6 6spd
VW GTI 1.8t
Ford Focus SVT
The C230Kompressor is 25K also.
Heck, for 25K you can get a lot of cool iron...Eclipse GT, Mustangs, Camaros, why would you want that riced out SC2 for 25K?

I'd repost this thread on the General Discussion forumn. There was the review from the Detroit Free Press that mentioned there test VUE was marked up to over $30,000 at the Saturn Dealer. It would make a good topic. I haven't seen any VUE goudging here, but then again, I don't often go to the dealership.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Plastic Gravity reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 03-24-2002, 02:53 AM   #6
grumpy
grumpy is on a distinguished road

this is the perfect thread for me to jump on. just so that you guys aren't lost on this subject, i just ordered my new SC2, and so far the cost of the car and all of the stuff that i am doing to it is $36,000. and before you guys go tearing me a new one i know what i can and can't buy for that kind of money. but i don't want a lexus IS300 or a Mustang GT. i want a 2002 Saturn SC2 with a full motorbuild, TechII, Twistec Turbo, and a 50 shot of "just in case" gas.

--grumpy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2002, 03:08 AM   #7
Plastic Gravity

You know, if youre going to tear into it, I'd have gone with a used coupe....you can find them pretty decent. Its not like the warranty is going to cover that motor once your done amping it up anyway.

36K? What are you having done, anyway A turbo kit is 4K, Nitrous is cheap city, and what's the quaife go for? A grand? A built up motor 3K?

What am I missing?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-24-2002, 07:15 AM   #8
Tycho
Tycho is on a distinguished road

The window banner says SPS preformance or some ****...

Forced induction is rape.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tycho's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tycho reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2002, 03:58 PM   #9
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

I've got two words for that $24,990 SC2 Performance Coupe: highway robbery. I don't know of any savvy shopper who would spend over twenty grand for a S-Series Saturn, riced out or not.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2002, 04:14 PM   #10
SCDYNE
SCDYNE is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY
1997 SC2
Default *****er time

Here's the deal:
You have about $3000 worth of room to ****er over the price of the car. I would expect that you would be able to get this car for as little as $21,500 with the right attitude.
In places like this it's not every day that you see a Saturn this hooked up and that affords a certain value, along with all the other facts of performance gains included in the 3/36 warranty.
Here in Cali, I could sell a Saturn hooked up like this for list or VERY close to it every week.
Speed Trends still sells new and used Honda's for well over the MSRP and beyond the allowable 125% loan amount limit for vehicles.

Man you get a kid making good money at some dot.com living at home with no bills and he'll fall in love with this car the second he sees it. After that it doesn't matter what it costs, because it's what he wants and he's buying it. Now all in one fail swoop he can floss his new ride and not have to wait 3 months to a year to afford all this stuff he wants to do to the car anyhow.

I think this IS just a progressive step in the direction of Automotive Retailers especially ones that don't negotiate the price of the vehicle.

My local retailer has a hooked up Saturn in the Mall and it gets the looks from everyone. I know that it's bringing in new clients to the store and people are purchasing aftermarket parts over the counter and on showroom models. For a retailer that is totally salary sales based this is where the consultant can make a few extra $$ by promoting accessories.

The Federal law places restrictions on what can and can't be done to a vehicle sold by a Retailer and as long as the modifications are emissions legal and don't require any internal modification of the engine or PCM they are acceptable. Obviously there are ways around this by way of a 3rd party company making post purchase, owner requested changes as in the case of grumpy's car, but who cares we want nice stuff that's hot!

I say bring it on and sell the rollers like mad..

P.S. I can't believe this server censors D I C K E R I guess it doesn't like kew words even in other words.
I assume this to be the case...

-Adam Chant
2007 Saturn SKY - Supercharged
1997 Saturn SC2 - Stock Rebuild

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SCDYNE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SCDYNE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2002, 07:08 PM   #11
grumpy

Cool THE LIST

here it is. the list of stuff for my new car.

1. Full motorbuild
2. Twistec Turbo
3. TECH II
4. Engine Dress Up Kit
5. Quaiffe LSD
6. Battery Tie Down
7. SRC Body Kit
8. Carbon Fiber Hood
9. 18" OZ Racing Super Leggera Rims w/ Toyo T1-S tires
10. Progress Coilovers
11. Blitz Gauges (A/F, Oil Temp, Nitrous, Boost)
12. Catalytic Converter
13. 3" exhaust
14. Big Brake Upgrade Front and rear
15. Tenzo Rally Seats
16. Aluminum Flywheel
17. Strut Tower Brace
18. Rear Sway Bar

so what do you guys think?!? anything that i forgot??? any other suggestions concerns? the list isn't 100% set in stone but the concrete has been poured.

--grumpy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2002, 10:01 PM   #12
Abe95SC2
Abe95SC2 is on a distinguished road

Unless you just like the look of the big brake kit I would pass on it. It will reduce your cars ability to acellerate and make your ride worse by adding unsprung weight/rotating mass.

If you can get by with 17" wheels do so, they are usually alot lighter.

You might consider doing a trunk mount battery kit to help with weight distrbution.

With all that HP a good clutch is in order. How about a clutchmasters stage 3? Don't forget to break it in right.

Polyurethane suspension bushings/engine mounts will do wonders for all aspects of your cars handling and they don't cost much.

Those are just a few pointers that I can think of off the top of my head.

Abe.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Abe95SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Abe95SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-25-2002, 12:52 AM   #13
Plastic Gravity

Default Re: THE LIST

Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy
here it is. the list of stuff for my new car.

1. Full motorbuild
2. Twistec Turbo
3. TECH II
4. Engine Dress Up Kit
5. Quaiffe LSD
6. Battery Tie Down
7. SRC Body Kit
8. Carbon Fiber Hood
9. 18" OZ Racing Super Leggera Rims w/ Toyo T1-S tires
10. Progress Coilovers
11. Blitz Gauges (A/F, Oil Temp, Nitrous, Boost)
12. Catalytic Converter
13. 3" exhaust
14. Big Brake Upgrade Front and rear
15. Tenzo Rally Seats
16. Aluminum Flywheel
17. Strut Tower Brace
18. Rear Sway Bar

so what do you guys think?!? anything that i forgot??? any other suggestions concerns? the list isn't 100% set in stone but the concrete has been poured.

--grumpy
I'd delete the aluminum flywheel. Its mostly to reduce rotating mass, probably only good for 1HP on an N/A motor, or at least allow it to rev up quicker. But with a turbo, and a lot more HP, I'd keep the steel flywheel.

What's an "engine dress up kit"? Sounds like a skirt for your dog

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-25-2002, 02:49 AM   #14
grumpy

well the aluminum flywheel is free and it will help reduce turbo lag. even though there shouldn't be much with that small of a turbo. an engine dress up kit is an overpriced kit that includes wire loom, colored bolts and hoses, etc...
Abe, the 18" Super Leggera's weigh something like 17-18lbs. but the reason that i am getting the big brakes is because i like the way they look. thanks for looking out though. my goal for this car is for it to have a nice balance. i want to be able to take it to the track and surprise a few people, compete in shows with it, then drive it down to the coast and cruise around. as for the clutch situation, i haven't heard too many good things about the aftermarket clutches available. in my current SC2 i have the CFDF and i love it. it grabs nice, holds great, and doesn't kill your leg. but i don't feel confident in it's ability of supporting 300 wheel horsepower either.

--grumpy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!