SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Mods and Performance
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2002, 10:49 PM   #1
Todd
Todd is on a distinguished road

Default Expression series?

Sorry if this has been brougt up here before, but I couldn't find anything scrolling back through the older message boards.

The Saturn web site has a page that talks about the "Expression Series," a set of optional aftermarket equipment supposedly available at Saturn retailers. I attended the Syracuse Auto Show today, and asked about it at the Saturn booth. The rep said she had heard something about it, but would have to check into price and availability, and get back to me.

I have a lot of questions about this -- I'm definitely interested. My eight year old SL2 is due for retirement soon, and I'm giving strong consideration to an SC2 with some of the engine and handling mod's that are supposedly part of the Expression Series offering. Has anyone even found a retailer offering this?

-----------
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/blog.php?u=1995

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Todd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Todd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2002, 03:47 PM   #2
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Check with your local Saturn retailer..... the official launch date for the "Saturn Expression Series Performance Parts" was 02/15/02. Consider it a late Valentine's gift. The products available are as follows:

HKS Exhaust System
Xenon Ground Effect Kit
Autotecnica Pedals & Shift Knob
California Dream Spoiler
Progress Group Lowering Springs & Strut Tower Brace
American Racing 15" Wheels

As always, there's the promise of "more to come"...... anyway, I hope this helps your decision. I have a 2001 SC2 Manual and love the way I can still surprise people in it.

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-28-2002, 01:14 AM   #3
grumpy
grumpy is on a distinguished road

i am getting a '02 sc2 this may and i am currently talking to a guy who can make that expression series skirt kit in carbon fiber for less than the cost than the current one.

--grumpy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-28-2002, 02:24 AM   #4
jaysc2
jaysc2 is on a distinguished road

Is that a revised list of available products because last I read the ground effects and spoiler were being done by GT Styling and HKS was also going to offer an air intake system to go with the exhaust system?

Refer to the following for details:

http://www.autointell.com/News-2001/...-25-01-p10.htm

So is this stuff available? I've been talking to my Saturn dealership forever now and when I first brought the topic up, they looked at me like I was heavily intoxicated. Now they tell me that they are still looking for answers. The problem may be that I live in Canada.....who knows. But I'm sure that the dealerships up here should still be able to get their hands on this stuff if it is actually available down in the States.

Is there any web sites or phone number of dealerships that are currently selling this stuff?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaysc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaysc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-28-2002, 09:48 AM   #5
Galileo
Master Member

2007 AURA XE

Yep, there have been a few changes since the announcement in July 2001 but, as far as I know, the parts that I listed are now available. I don't think that living in Canada should keep you from getting these parts from your local retailer..... maybe you should check at another facility, jaysc2. I could give you the info for my local retailer but, I live in Pennsylvania and I'm sure you could find something closer. Let me know

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-01-2002, 01:33 PM   #6
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

I was just at Saturn of Indianapolis and they have the Expression Series accesories. They also had a coupe with all the accesories on it. It looked really good. I really like the new spoiler that will be the first thing I get.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-03-2002, 03:46 PM   #7
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Question Just a Q

01sc2 boi or Galileo, can the "Expression Series" products be fitted to first-gen or late '90's Saturns, or are they limited to the '00-'02 models?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-04-2002, 08:52 AM   #8
Galileo
Master Member

2007 AURA XE

GR898SL2....... Unfortunately, the body kit pieces only fit the 2001 - 2002 Coupe models. However, the other Expression Series components will fit on your 98 SL2. Have you tried taking a look at www.srcperformance.com yet? I don't know what their customer service is like but I know they're working on several Saturn body kits.

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-05-2002, 02:47 PM   #9
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Thanks, Galileo.

Right now, my inquiry is more out of curiosity as I am in the process of finding a new job and money is an object (gotta keep those bills up-to-date!).

Once I get settled, I may just look at those American Racing wheels and a performance exhaust.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-05-2002, 10:19 PM   #10
sweet2002sc2
sweet2002sc2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by jaysc2
So is this stuff available? I've been talking to my Saturn dealership forever now and when I first brought the topic up, they looked at me like I was heavily intoxicated. Now they tell me that they are still looking for answers. The problem may be that I live in Canada.....who knows. But I'm sure that the dealerships up here should still be able to get their hands on this stuff if it is actually available down in the States.

Is there any web sites or phone number of dealerships that are currently selling this stuff?
Where in Canada do you live? I work for a Retail Facility in Canada, and can get you most of the expression series parts, some of them were excluded from the series because of quality problems, so as of right now, there are limited parts available, but I can help you find what you need, just let me know!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sweet2002sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sweet2002sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-05-2002, 11:14 PM   #11
Todd
Todd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Galileo
Check with your local Saturn retailer..... the official launch date for the "Saturn Expression Series Performance Parts" was 02/15/02. Consider it a late Valentine's gift.
Hmmm. Actually, I did check, and also at the auto show in Syracuse, NY a couple of weeks ago. They didn't have any answers at the show, and no one has called me back. I *should* call Saturn of Syracuse to follow up. But so far it sounds like I got the same reaction when I asked about it that some of the others posting to this thread did - mostly, one of confusion. Hopefully that will change soon.

-----------
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/blog.php?u=1995

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Todd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Todd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-06-2002, 12:50 AM   #12
YellowSaturnGuy
YellowSaturnGuy is on a distinguished road

sweet2002sc2,

I'd like some more information about what is available here in Canada from the expression series.

I'm from North Bay, about 3 1/2 - 4 hours North of Toronto. Prices, availabilty, etc. would be great :-)

Thanks,

Tom

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YellowSaturnGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YellowSaturnGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-06-2002, 02:46 AM   #13
jaysc2
jaysc2 is on a distinguished road

sweet2002sc2

I live 30 minutes outside of Toronto. If you could post a rough product list with pricing I would be sooooo happy! Seeing as it is still snowing here, I don't think I'll be doing anything immediately but I'd like to know what things will cost so I can determine how much I'll have to put aside for this.

Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaysc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaysc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-07-2002, 03:18 PM   #14
Galileo
Master Member

2007 AURA XE

FYI...... If your Saturn retailer says they don't know anything about the Expression Series parts, tell them to check the Parts & Accessories Bulletin No. 02-PA-02. It should list the most current information for these parts. If they still don't know anything, then maybe they want you to spend your money somewhere else!

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-23-2002, 05:57 PM   #15
sweet2002sc2
sweet2002sc2 is on a distinguished road

Default sorry!!!

sorry for the delay guys, but my list will be coming soon.. trying to get one more piece, but we have everything else in stock.. I'll post the complete list later in the week....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sweet2002sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sweet2002sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2002, 03:59 PM   #16
Sattyman
Sattyman is on a distinguished road

I went to my local Saturn to get some valve cleaned, and while I was there started talknig to the parts manager and they are starting to deal with SPS. Through my delaership I ordered clear side markeres that should be coming in this week. I am hoping to get alot more stuff through there. I am excited.

Todd

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sattyman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sattyman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!