SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2000, 02:33 PM   #1
steve01sc2
steve01sc2 is on a distinguished road

Default white face gauges

I wish Saturn offered the white face gauges as an option on all their cars!
I have a white 01 sc2 that would look so cool.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to steve01sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help steve01sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2000, 07:17 PM   #2
Saturnmeister
Saturnmeister is on a distinguished road

Not me. I'll repeat my comment from another thread. Have you ever had the misfortune of sitting in a classroom where they installed one of those WHITE chalkboards that they wrote on with BLACK chalk? Ever have the added misfortune of not sitting in the front row in said classroom? Black on white is POOR for visibility - there's nothing that beats white on black guages.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturnmeister's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturnmeister reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-03-2000, 06:06 PM   #3
SpeedPlayer 97sl2
SpeedPlayer 97sl2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
2002 SC2

Yes, white face gauges look cool. But as Saturnmeister had said, they're a pain to read. Actually, the white face gauges are as easy to read as the black face gauges in cloudy weather or with the sun facing your face. But if the sun is coming from behind you or from the side, man, good luck reading those numbers!

Acevedo 97sl2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SpeedPlayer 97sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SpeedPlayer 97sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-03-2000, 11:47 PM   #4
anotherHokie
anotherHokie is on a distinguished road

How about those blue backlits in VW's. I think those are cool. I have red backlits in my Audi and they look almost as cool, are easy to read, and red (and green) light don't disrupt your nightvision like white light does.

How about backlit gauges where there are red and blue lights back there and you can switch between blue, red, or turn them both on and have purple.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to anotherHokie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help anotherHokie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-08-2000, 07:34 PM   #5
Walburger_97SC2M
Walburger_97SC2M is on a distinguished road

From my rental car experience, I find the white faced gauges *horible* for night driving. I drive with my dash light all the way down (what a responsible car company Saturn is - I can't turn them off!), and in cars with white gauges even the slightest amount of dashlight is like having little moons under the dash. Now if they made a set that faded from white to black at night (some kind of anti-phoporescent) _that_ you be awesome.

- W

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Walburger_97SC2M's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Walburger_97SC2M reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-08-2000, 10:57 PM   #6
SpeedPlayer 97sl2
SpeedPlayer 97sl2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
2002 SC2

Nissan's white-face gauges turn to black at night. Very cool. I could live with those as long as it didn't get too sunny during the daytime. For showcar looks, the white face gauges would be great. For practicality, I think I'll pass. However, at least Nissan addressed the night issue by letting the gauges reverse colors. I think I'd go blind with four bright white circles glaring at me in night driving.

Acevedo 97sl2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SpeedPlayer 97sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SpeedPlayer 97sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-08-2000, 11:51 PM   #7
Walburger_97SC2M
Walburger_97SC2M is on a distinguished road

I think its the Dogde Stratus series that I've rented with white gauges. The whole gauge turns an auzure blue color (think old GM car stereo LED color) under the dashlights. Very disturbing.

- W

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Walburger_97SC2M's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Walburger_97SC2M reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-09-2000, 07:54 AM   #8
abkaiser
abkaiser will become famous soon enough

Visibility, schmizability! I want this:

http://www.revlimiter.net/pics/gauges.html

Scroll down the page to where he turns on the dash lights at night!

Andy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to abkaiser's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help abkaiser reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread