SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2000, 11:56 AM   #1
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

Default my $0.02

my suggestion is more power from the 1.9L dohc motor. 124hp from 1.9L was great in 1991-1992 when the saturn engine was one of the "best engines" but now it's not so much when we got 100hp/L naturally aspirated engines in civics and celicas. c'mon saturn. and no i don't want the "corporate" 2.2L motor in my SC either.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2000, 01:40 PM   #2
hoper

not at the expense of gas mileage, though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hoper's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hoper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 02-16-2000, 07:45 PM   #3
ClapDaddy
Advanced Member
ClapDaddy will become famous soon enough

Eric,

I agree, especially on the SC2. I could see if they wanted the SL2 to stay at 124. BUT as you know Saturn already can boost the hp to 140 or 160, with just some minor tweaks.

The NEW coupe is what use to be called "all show and no go". Saturn continues to ignore what the customers are saying. Maybe we should have a couple of hundred modified Saturns make the trip to Spring Hill this year.

Al

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ClapDaddy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ClapDaddy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-20-2000, 11:48 PM   #4
Patrick_97SC2
Advanced Member
Patrick_97SC2 is on a distinguished road

I wish Saturn would do more for performance too. Once I started adding some stuff here and there to my car (performance wise) I got hooked. Granted Saturns have some nice tourque allowing us to hang with some of the import crowd. Hopefully the coporate guys will start listening before they go under (shrug)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Patrick_97SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Patrick_97SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-22-2000, 09:51 AM   #5
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

gas mileage? c'mon. get an SL for good gas mileage. today they recalled the 2.2L motor. no thanks. i like the 1.9L dohc in my sc2.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-22-2000, 12:51 PM   #6
Nick
Nick is on a distinguished road

Maybe Saturn should get some ideas from the Chevrolet Cavalier line....having two different models. I guess that is what the SC1 if for, but still. They can keep the 1.9L, but add another model. I'd like to see a 2.2L SC2 or even a 2.4L like the Cavalier Z24. That would be nice....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nick's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nick reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread