SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2019, 05:09 PM   #1
TwoFistedJustic
TwoFistedJustic is a jewel in the roughTwoFistedJustic is a jewel in the roughTwoFistedJustic is a jewel in the rough

2002 SC2
2001 SC2
Default S-Series Motor Mounts - Optimized order of replacement

I originally posted this on SixthSphere about a year ago. Posting it again here.

This is the order I came up with to replace engine/transmission mounts on my 2002 SC2 with the least amount of work. Please comment or correct if you see any issues.

Remove the upper dogbone (LH side, just under the battery tray).

Remove and install the transaxle mount. (the stubby one between the transaxle and the frame)

Install the upper dogbone.

Remove the upper motor mount. Place the new mount on the studs, but do not put the nuts on yet.

Remove and install the lower dogbone (RH side). But do not tighten the bracket nuts from beneath yet.

Put the five nuts on the motor mount and tighten.

Tighten the lower dogbone bracket nuts from beneath.

Done.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TwoFistedJustic's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TwoFistedJustic reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TwoFistedJustic is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of lightRobertGary1 is a glorious beacon of light

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: S-Series Motor Mounts - Optimized order of replacement

I think its easier to do the lower mount with the dogbones left in. As you lower the car the tranny moves right back into place to align the mount. Otherwise you have to muscle it around a bit.

-Robert

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #3
Zeebins
Advanced Member
Zeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to beholdZeebins is a splendid one to behold

1997 SL2
Default Re: S-Series Motor Mounts - Optimized order of replacement

Depending on if you have a manual or automatic, the trans mount may be kind of a pain to gt out. I'd do them in the order you said

97 SL2, auto, 116K miles