SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2018, 10:32 AM   #1
Troll
Troll is on a distinguished road

Default Removeing AC pump from the serpentine loop

When I remove the AC pump what other changes will I have to do to to run the engine without AC?

Will most parts stores have the belt I need?

What will the changes in routing be and how will it effect the other belt driven accessories and tensioner?

This is posted in the general section as well, should I just have it over there only?

Last edited by Troll; 08-31-2018 at 10:42 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Troll's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Troll reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2018, 07:26 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Removeing AC pump from the serpentine loop

If you intend to remove the ac compressor, you can search past threads by others doing the same. Belt size is mentioned. While you're at it, removing the ac condenser coil and lines will allow better air flow thru the radiator and lighten the front end. Some say checking auto parts stores and asking for a non ac drive belt may work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 08:57 AM   #3
laser3kw
laser3kw is on a distinguished road

2000 SC1
Default Re: Removeing AC pump from the serpentine loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSphere SOHC belt lengths
All belts are 5 rib.

WITHOUT A/C WITHOUT PS
- 55.0 inches

WITH A/C WITHOUT P/S
- 63.5 inches

WITHOUT A/C WITH P/S
- 64.5 inches

WITH A/C WITH P/S
- 75.5 inches

The Autozone part numbers are just the length and then K5 for 5 rib....so the factory belt for an Sx2 is goign to be 755K5.

Removing the P/S requires a ribbed idler pulley.
As answered in your other post in Tech section,there are many variables depending on the configuration.
On my 2000 sc1, I used the above chart and picked the one that described my SC1, but without the AC. I removed the AC pump, left the bracket, and installed the belt. Done!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to laser3kw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help laser3kw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
laser3kw is offline   Reply With Quote