SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
noelalberto8
noelalberto8 has a spectacular aura aboutnoelalberto8 has a spectacular aura about

2009 VUE 2.4L
Dizzy Thermostat and Sensor replacement

here we go again. My car is displaying "engine hot AC OFF." after seraching a couple of forum i read that most likely is the thermostat or sensor that needs replacement. I'm not willing to lose a day of work to make a trip to the dealer plus i need my car sooner than later..

Does anybody have any schematic, pictures or description on how change the sensor and the thermostat?

thanks in advance

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to noelalberto8's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help noelalberto8 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
noelalberto8 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Thermostat and Sensor replacement

Haven't seen it posted, but if it's anything like an 2005 Ecotec you'll devote a day to the job if you do it yourself. It's between engine and firewall, down low and several hour job for a shop.

Of course local libraries are good source for shop service manuals, as well as pay per day service manuals on the WEB.

NO good independent shops in your area?

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Is there any more info to determine the message is pointing to a t-stat/coolant sensor issue or is it something else? All OBD II systems for the USA market are required in every vehicle so a host of error codes are programmed into every vehicle required to have OBD II. The emissions self tests are performed during every engine run whether just moving the car an inch or running the tank empty. These emissions error codes turn on the check engine light (CEL), malfunction indicator light (MIL), service engine soon (SES) light or 'SERVICE ENGINE' light. When a check engine light is turned ON, an error code is stored in temporary memory for immediate retrieval using a reader.

What does your instrument panel have/show?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
noelalberto8
noelalberto8 has a spectacular aura aboutnoelalberto8 has a spectacular aura about

2009 VUE 2.4L

On the display it says "engine hot ac off"... And yesterday the check engine light came on.. I'm going to take it to Autozone after class to gt the code..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help noelalberto8 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
noelalberto8

2009 VUE 2.4L

I have attach the pic.. Omw to Autozone.. Hopefully is the coolant sensor and thermostat andnot aanything serious
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141119_171302.jpg (52.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 20141119_171129.jpg (52.9 KB, 12 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #6
noelalberto8

2009 VUE 2.4L

Code P0128..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:56 PM   #7
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

From the service manual;

DTC Code P0128

Description: Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature)
Probable Causes:
  • Sensor or solenoid faulty
  • Connector terminal contact is damaged or corroded
  • Wire harness - Check harness for correct voltage, open, short to ground or short to voltage
  • Update control unit software - Check for the latest control unit update
  • Powertrain or Engine Control Module faulty
  • Cooling system - Check low coolant level, thermostat or radiator fan
Replace the thermostat after checking wiring to the coolant sensor. A reader can display actual coolant temperatures as a way to determine a worn out t-stat running cooler than rated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:41 AM   #8
noelalberto8

2009 VUE 2.4L

Thank you. I already order the parts.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #9
noelalberto8

2009 VUE 2.4L

Problem solved. Before this incident iI had never looked at the coolant temperature. Now that'sthe 1st thing i look when when iI started..

Can somebody please tell me what would be the highest normal coolant temp for the vue?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #10
UMT
UMT has a spectacular aura aboutUMT has a spectacular aura aboutUMT has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelalberto8 View Post
Problem solved.

What did you end up replacing???? I'm having the same issue but on a very intermittent basis. I suspect the temp sensor over the thermostat as my engine only has 70k on it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to UMT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help UMT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
UMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:20 PM   #11
noelalberto8

2009 VUE 2.4L
Happy Re: Thermostat and Sensor replacement

Both the sensor and thermostat.. Buy the parts in rockauto they pretty cheap about $15.00 each.. Took it to the mechanic, they changed parts. Problem solve.. Total expenses $155

REWARD EXCELLENCE!