SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
fyregrl7
fyregrl7 is on a distinguished road

Default coolant temp sensor

hello! first i want to say this is my first post and thank you for all the wonderful info.....you guys have really saved my car and sanity!!

i have a 98 saturn sl2 which i have been driving and recently replaced the cts. however the wire harness is no longer working even though it looks fine. i read somewhere on there these are the same plug/harness as something else on the car....o2 sensor???.i can not find the info again. the reason im asking is i have a 99 sl2 with front end and sub frame damage that i bought as a parts car and since its beyound repair i would love to salvage as much as possible and keep my 98 on the road. since iv found out the issues my car has is not all that terrible, im actually starting to love this car and fixing it!

thanks for any help

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fyregrl7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fyregrl7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fyregrl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
ehunter
ehunter has a spectacular aura aboutehunter has a spectacular aura about

Location: Pacifica by San Francisco 5sp Engine rebuild with the help of people here at 177K due to 500mi/qt oil consumption. After 2yrs I am back to 40mpg+ after discovering the refirb head I used was bad. Car runs better than a top. Now at 214k.

1996 SL2
Default Re: coolant temp sensor

Rockauto.com has the sensors' replacement connectors you can solder(recommended way) into your replacement wiring. My stuff arrives in 2 days.

I dont recommend the computer connector type referenced in other posts. Though they fit well there is too much involved in sealing the connector from the elements.

look under "electrical-connector" for your make and model.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ehunter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ehunter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
fyregrl7

perfect thanks....actually i just realized the wire has been replaced before but the wires were not soldered they have a connector...ill try cutting back and soldering first if thats a no go then im going straight to the site and ordering

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fyregrl7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to beholdSignmaster is a splendid one to behold

1995 SL1

The connector is also the same as the IAT (Intake Air Sensor) that is located in the intake snorkel in front of the airbox. You could steal that off of your parts car or any unsuspecting junk yard cars.

LowSaturn has a bunch of them if you need one.

ehunter,

Are the Rockauto connectors just like OEM with the squeeze tabs to remove them?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Signmaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Signmaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2

ECTS (2wire), IAT, and the autotragic Trans fluid temp sensor all use the same connector. Same sensor too, but the ECTS gets all the love while the others get abandoned. The others generally don't fail so it's not really a problem.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
fyregrl7

perfect thanks!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!