SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
jammeger
jammeger is on a distinguished road

Default 95 Saturn still running rough

I had another post detailing how my 95 SL1 is running rough.
I got my engine codes:
32, 35, 49
I went to this site
and it has a list of things to test/replace.

Any ideas? Do I need to replace all of those parts?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jammeger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jammeger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jammeger is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: 95 Saturn still running rough

I'd fix/check #49 and see if the others go away. Sounds like #49 could cause either or both of the other problems.

more info:

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice2NDSOUT is just really nice

1994 SL2
1999 SL
Default Re: 95 Saturn still running rough

The codes that you listed, are for all things that you can easily remove from your car, clean, and replace yourself.

EGR Valve can be taken out and cleaned so that the interior pintle inside moves back and forth as it should. Otherwise it's roughly $100 from the dealer for a new one, but you can replace this yourself.

The other items related to the PCV Valve ($7 from the dealer), is at the top back of the engine and should be replaced every 3 months or so. If you haven't replaced it at all, you would be surprised at how much difference a small metal canister can make in making your car run better. DON'T buy an aftermarket, as with Spark Plugs, PCV Valves should be OEM from the dealership.

Most of the other things related to the vacuum system, means that you have some kind of a small leak or maybe a small hose is disconnected somewhere in the vacuum lines. I would check these all out and would definately change these out or clean them out with a can of Carb Cleaner...you would be surprised at how much Carbon can build up in the Throttle Body. A clean Throttle Body will give you amounts of difference in driving ability...more pickup, etc.

Do these yourself...with a little bit of look up in the how-to section, you can clean these up and have your car running in GREAT condition by the end of the day tomorrow.

Seriously.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote