SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
mrwerner22
mrwerner22 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
2002 VUE 3.0L
Default taking the headlights out.

When i try to take out the whole like light box theres 3 little bolts i undid but i cant see any other bolts to take out but its still attached by something...

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mrwerner22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mrwerner22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mrwerner22 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #2
HamBone
HamBone is on a distinguished road

Default Re: taking the headlights out.

HI,

There is a bolt to the fender at the fascia to headlight interface. I think you have to remove the fascia.

Hambone

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HamBone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HamBone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HamBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:45 PM   #3
Phaeton Driver
Phaeton Driver will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

Sounds like Saturn made sure that owners would be able to change the bulbs easily on the new "RETHINK" Saturns. Sounds like "RETHINK" means think of a way to make more money in the service bays.
Probably cost you $100 to get a burned out bulb replaced now.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phaeton Driver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phaeton Driver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phaeton Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:37 AM   #4
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton Driver View Post
Sounds like Saturn made sure that owners would be able to change the bulbs easily on the new "RETHINK" Saturns. Sounds like "RETHINK" means think of a way to make more money in the service bays.
Probably cost you $100 to get a burned out bulb replaced now.
i was thinking the same thing... nothing like pulling the two posts out of the headlight on the Ion and the whole thing fell out. SO easy it was sickening to my friend w/ an Audi (took him 6hr+ to remove ONE headlight)... ROFL.

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
t.krugh
t.krugh is on a distinguished road

has anyone put high performance bulbs n their aura yet? I bough tsome but i am trying to find the easiest way to put them in.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to t.krugh's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help t.krugh reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
t.krugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #6
CrewCab
Advanced Member
CrewCab will become famous soon enough

2008 AURA XE
1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamBone View Post
...I think you have to remove the fascia.

Yes, you have to remove the fascia to remove a headlamp assembly.

I heard, but have not tried it myself yet, that removing the inner fender well can allow you access to the back of the headlamp. So it's possible to replace a bulb without removing the fascia. Like I said, I'm not 100% sure

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CrewCab's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CrewCab reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CrewCab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #7
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

sad. youd think that light (a safety feature) should have to be accessible to change a bulb.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
Phaeton Driver
Phaeton Driver will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.krugh View Post
has anyone put high performance bulbs n their aura yet? I bough tsome but i am trying to find the easiest way to put them in.
Looks like Saturn/GM don't want anyone replacing their barely adequate lighting with something good. They probably have an expected bulb life 50% greater than the warranty period.

Very disapointing

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phaeton Driver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phaeton Driver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phaeton Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:06 PM   #9
m_sparks79
m_sparks79 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

I changed mine this last weekend. What a pain in the *****... I would suggest, changing all the lights if you are going to go through the trouble of taking it all apart. I even installed silver coated amber bulbs in the exposed turn signal. Looks a lot nicer that way when the car is off. You have to remove all of the screws holding the grille shroud to the core support then there are 3 screws that hold the fascia to the area where it meets the fenders, right by the sides of the lights. One of the three bolts also goes through a tab on the headlight. To access the 3 screws on each side you need to at least remove all of the clips holding the front of the inner fender well and fold them back (wheels off). I also removed all the clips and screws at the bottom of the facsia, but it don't think that is necessary to lower the top to get the lights out. It should move down enough to get them out. There are also tabs at the top of the fascia that slide into the lights to hold it tight to the lights. I may have left a step out, but like I said, what a pain. Took about 2 hours not knowing where every thing was... Was it worthit, yes and no, it looks different than the other Auras on the road, but headlights are headlights so what ever floats your boat. I like the way it looks. Knock on wood that the lights do not burn out, but if they do, I am going to at least install HID's in the low beams for all the trouble...

Shane
2007 Aura XR
Current Mods:
- Window tint - Grille chrome - Charcoal 18" G6 Wheels - Blacked out taillights -

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to m_sparks79's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help m_sparks79 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
m_sparks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #10
star1701
star1701 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
i was thinking the same thing... nothing like pulling the two posts out of the headlight on the Ion and the whole thing fell out. SO easy it was sickening to my friend w/ an Audi (took him 6hr+ to remove ONE headlight)... ROFL.

Thank God the Ion headlights were easy to take out. Mine melted 4 times on my 04

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to star1701's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help star1701 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
star1701 is offline   Reply With Quote