SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #1
'91SaturnOwner
'91SaturnOwner is on a distinguished road

1991 SL2
Default A 1991 Saturn SL2 of interest??

I bought a really low mileage '91 SL2 5-speed from an elderly lady in the late fall and wondered if anyone would be interested in it in the spring. I bought it because she could no longer drive. It had 70K miles on it, and they'd pulled it behind their RV. I needed something front-wheel-drive to get around in, and this fit the bill. It's a nice little car....drives and looks like new, but I'll be selling when spring come around. I was thinking about putting it on eBay, but was uncertain how well it would do. Has anyone else eBayed a car before? I have pictures of the car if anyone is interested. They are in "my pics" It's pretty amazing how this car looks..., kind of like a time capsule from 1991. I did have to put a coolant sensor on it, as it had never been changed, and I also put on a belt tensioner. The tires are good and the brakes are new.
Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to '91SaturnOwner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help '91SaturnOwner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
'91SaturnOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
eljefino
Master Member
eljefino will become famous soon enough

1995 SW1
2000 SL1
Default Re: A 1991 Saturn SL2 of interest??

You'll probably get $400 for it on ebay.

There are a couple geeks on here that think it's cool and unique, but the general public just sees a 17 year old used car.

I sold a rusted out mazda pickup for parts on ebay, got $21 for it, and had to nag the guy to come get it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eljefino's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eljefino reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eljefino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
SC1_FTW
SC1_FTW is on a distinguished road

1995 SC1
2004 ION-3 Quad Coupe

yeah what he said. If you were really looking to sell it for a decent price, put it up on craigslist - its free!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC1_FTW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC1_FTW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC1_FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #4
SaturnManiac
Master Member
SaturnManiac is on a distinguished road

If it was in my area I might scoop it up, I'm one of the few that thinks a 1991 original Saturn would be cool....especially an SL2.

R.I.P. - My 1996 Saturn SL2, "Psycho" - 7/95-2/17/06

R.I.P. - My 2000 Saturn SL2, "Sexy" - 11/24/99-8/05/08

If you're a car begging for your life, wouldn't you want someone to add fluids?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnManiac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnManiac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:56 PM   #5
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnManiac View Post
If it was in my area I might scoop it up, I'm one of the few that thinks a 1991 original Saturn would be cool....especially an SL2.
Don't be a dipstick, check your dipstick!

Only if you own a s-series...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #6
Jamin
Jamin is on a distinguished road

2005 ION Red Line
1996 SL2

I'd be interested depending on location, especially if the mileage is still low.

R.I.P. "Sally", Pacific Blue 2005 Ion Redline competition package.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jamin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jamin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:13 PM   #7
geartooth94
Master Member
geartooth94 will become famous soon enough

i am also seriously interested in purchasing another '91. I've got a '91 SL2 two-tone so i could probably use another for parts / driving while the other is laid up.

what is your location and what color is the car? what type of wheels? e-mail or PM me as i'm always on here.

also i couldn't get to your pics from this thread anyways. i'll try doing a members search.

1996 Dodge Avenger ES: 2.5L V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to geartooth94's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help geartooth94 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
geartooth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #8
MikeE30325es
MikeE30325es is on a distinguished road

how much?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MikeE30325es's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MikeE30325es reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MikeE30325es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #9
'91SaturnOwner

1991 SL2

It's a white 91, with blue interior. Has the alloy wheels. I have pictures, but I haven't quite figured out how to download them. It now has just over 76K miles on it. I drove it to Oklahoma and back, and unlike everyone else on here, I didn't notice any oil consumption, but then again, I don't rev the wheels off of it. It's just a nice mode of transportation to me, and I suspect the 70-something year old man and woman didn't drive the wee out of it either. I do notice it darkens the oil toward the middle of the oil change cycle though. Anyway, I don't know what to ask for it. Guess I'll do some checking around...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help '91SaturnOwner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:56 PM   #10
NH Bob
NH Bob is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1
1993 SL2

I also would be interested depending on location....

Bob

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NH Bob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NH Bob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NH Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:04 PM   #11
'91SaturnOwner

1991 SL2

I live in Michigan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #12
Ryan from Ohio
Ryan from Ohio is on a distinguished road

Im from the Toledo area, would be interested depending on your distance and exactly when you would be selling it.

Im supposed to go pick up a car tomorrow, but if this one hops in my lap quickly, I could change them plans.

PM me a price and sell date. If its fairly soon, I might wait for it. Also, what city are you in? UP with my luck

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ryan from Ohio's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ryan from Ohio reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ryan from Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:10 PM   #13
yazhere
yazhere is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1

And you don't know how many of us with SAS are licking our chops like wiley coyote .. wishing we lived down the street for this purchase occasion...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yazhere's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yazhere reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
yazhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:13 PM   #14
'91SaturnOwner

1991 SL2

Will be on tomorrow to answer questions!

Night!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #15
SaturnManiac
Master Member
SaturnManiac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazhere View Post
And you don't know how many of us with SAS are licking our chops like wiley coyote .. wishing we lived down the street for this purchase occasion...
Hahaha, that is so me!!!! Thinking how can I get up there, maybe Greyhound, LOL.

R.I.P. - My 1996 Saturn SL2, "Psycho" - 7/95-2/17/06

R.I.P. - My 2000 Saturn SL2, "Sexy" - 11/24/99-8/05/08

If you're a car begging for your life, wouldn't you want someone to add fluids?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnManiac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnManiac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:47 PM   #16
deadmeat3344
deadmeat3344 is on a distinguished road

1991 SL2

trade for same model auto? i have all power options (ac and locks dont work tho)

103kish on the chassis, 60+k on the engine. new brakes all around, ects, injectors, fuel filter, auto filter and fluiod changed ]recently. new plugs. Installing new vc gasket and changing to rotella 5w-40 this weekend. New flex pipe and has a cherry bomb for a muffler (painted with a tip).

what area are you in?

Saturns are slow

Last edited by deadmeat3344; 02-09-2007 at 08:53 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to deadmeat3344's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help deadmeat3344 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
deadmeat3344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #17
'91SaturnOwner

1991 SL2

LOL, you guys are nuts. Sorry, that's not an insult. I was pretty amazed when I bought this car, at how nice it was. There's even the window sticker and key tag from the dealership in Plymouth, MI where they bought it. I have about 1600 dollars in this car. I put a coolant sensor on it, changed the coolant, had the transmission fluid changed and put they put in synthetic ATF or whatever it called for. I put a new pulley on it and that's about it, I think. I took it to Saturn and the tech listened to it. He said it was in really good shape and was surprised that it was a '91...the first year. Guess there aren't many left?? Oh, I had it aligned, too. I have a rear wheel drive car that I drive in the summer and we also have an Explorer, but I need a FWD car. This has fit the bill and is a pleasant enough car to drive around in. I would like to get 1600 but might put it on eBay to see what happens. The driver's window is power and can be finicky to go up and down sometimes. You have to make certain is stays straight up and down as it does it's thing. The engine light also occassionally flickers. I had the mechanic check it out and the code read was the EGR sensor. He said not to worry about it, so I haven't. Always starts and unlike you folks, I haven't noticed it using oil. We don't drive it very hard though, and I ususally average about 30MPG by shifting by the shift light around town.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-10-2007, 06:10 PM   #18
geartooth94
Master Member
geartooth94 will become famous soon enough

i'll still be in on this even if everyone else drops out

1996 Dodge Avenger ES: 2.5L V6

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to geartooth94's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help geartooth94 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
geartooth94 is offline   Reply With Quote