SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2000, 05:26 AM   #1
SL2000
SL2000 is on a distinguished road

Default Turn Signal Handle

Last Thursday when we were looking at Saturns, I first sat in an LS2. I was playing with the things in there, and I thought, "Hey! They fixed the turn signal!"

See, back in the day... Ok, 1991, I purchased an SL2. A couple weeks later Spring Hill called me asking how the car was and if there were anything they could do to improve it. I told them to nix the automatic shoulder strap, and they needed to move the turn signal a little closer to the steering wheel. It never felt natural to use it. I'm not talking massive amounts here, maybe 1 or 2 CM, and it would be perfect. The lady in Spring Hill didn't have any standard coding to put that into the computer, so she had to write it in. I thought for sure this was going nowhere because it was a write in.

Forward to the year 2000, I still haven't been to Disney World, but sitting in the LS2, I was shocked to see the turn signal was right where it should be. Well, we bought an SL2, and the turn signal is still not situated properly in that car. What's the deal?? Is it just me? My wife has noticed this problem too. They fixed the seat belt, ya think they could bend the turn signal arm a couple cm's! My guess is Spring Hill doesn't call all new owners any more. I could be wrong, maybe they still do! Maybe they didn't in 91 either, and I just got lucky.

For all I know, they're the same parts in the L and S series. Maybe I'm hallucinating...

At least if they never fix the turn signal, I'll at least be able to say I've been to Disney Land a few times. Probably never make it to Disney World though. Maybe it's just because I have nothing else to complain about... Maybe?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL2000's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL2000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2000, 06:01 PM   #2
SpeedPlayer 97sl2
SpeedPlayer 97sl2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
2002 SC2

Yeah, it's quite a reach to the turn signal. People with small hands or short fingers probably aren't the happiest campers around. However, at least the turn signals aren't as tight as they used to be. The turn signals on the 2000's are much less tight. trying to flick the turn signal on previous Saturns was more of a wrestling match. It's pretty tight on my 97 SL2. I'm right-handed, and the turn-signal is a good way for me to work out my left arm.

Acevedo 97sl2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SpeedPlayer 97sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SpeedPlayer 97sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread