SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #1
HamBone
HamBone is on a distinguished road

Idea New Aura Option

If you could have one feature/option on your Aura, what would it be? It could be something that doesn’t even exist.

HamBone

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HamBone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HamBone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HamBone is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #2
Pete93SL1M
Pete93SL1M is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New Aura Option

Manual transmission and AWD.
Well, I guess that's 2.

..aka GMinTheDriveway
Former Saturn Sales Consultant
Give me choices in powertrain, great handling and decent MPG and I will buy a Saturn again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Pete93SL1M's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Pete93SL1M reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Pete93SL1M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
Phaeton Driver
Phaeton Driver will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

Rear Wheel Drive, or just put the entire drive train from the 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6DI

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Phaeton Driver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Phaeton Driver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Phaeton Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:55 AM   #4
Chevy_Rules
Chevy_Rules is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Make it RWD and put BMW's Twin Turbo DI Inline 6 with the ZF auto.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chevy_Rules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chevy_Rules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chevy_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:17 AM   #5
Spacepope
Spacepope is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2003 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton Driver View Post
Rear Wheel Drive, or just put the entire drive train from the 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6DI
mmm

3.6DI with a 6 speed manual. Also polymer panels.

2008 Acura MDX 109k
2007 Aura XE 80k "Betty"
2003 Silver Blue ION 2, 46k Traded "Manni"
1998 SL 63K RIP "Bewm"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spacepope's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spacepope reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Spacepope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #6
MJD112379
MJD112379 is on a distinguished road

Head-Up Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamBone View Post
If you could have one feature/option on your Aura, what would it be? It could be something that doesn’t even exist.

HamBone

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MJD112379's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MJD112379 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MJD112379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:10 AM   #7
AuraDrvr89
Master Member
AuraDrvr89 will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XE

I don't have an Aura... But I would like the availability of a 6spd with the 2.4, as well as availibility of leather on the 4cyl too.

-Joel

Now: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive, Monaco Blue Metallic
Then:
2007 SATURN AURA XE,Cream White
2004 Saturn Ion 3 Special Edition Sedan, Onyx Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AuraDrvr89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AuraDrvr89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AuraDrvr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:29 AM   #8
comcardi
comcardi is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
1997 SL2

Quote:
I love the idea of the 3.6DI drivetrain...however, if we are dreaming, why not dream big? My vote is for the 4.4L Supercharged Northstar powerplant mated to an AWD system!

Saturn, the GM offspring that has finally been included in the will!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to comcardi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help comcardi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
comcardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:48 AM   #9
cisco0623
cisco0623 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

How about memory function for multiple drivers! One that controls the seats, mirrors, and with a power telescoping/power tilt wheel lol Its a pain to let someone else drive the car when I have to readjust the settings every time =(

The AWD opinion is great! Also I think every car should have a HUD - once you have had it you always know your missing out =(

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cisco0623's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cisco0623 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cisco0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:10 AM   #10
Chevy_Rules
Chevy_Rules is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by comcardi View Post
I love the idea of the 3.6DI drivetrain...however, if we are dreaming, why not dream big? My vote is for the 4.4L Supercharged Northstar powerplant mated to an AWD system!
You call the 4.4 S/C N* dreaming big? If we're dreaming big, LS9 please!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chevy_Rules's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chevy_Rules reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chevy_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:22 AM   #11
Phaeton Driver

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_Rules View Post
You call the 4.4 S/C N* dreaming big? If we're dreaming big, LS9 please!
I think in this dream the feature should FIT IN THE CAR ... LOL without an entire front end graph from a 67 Buick LOL

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Phaeton Driver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:22 AM   #12
humfrz
humfrz is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamBone View Post

HamBone
I'd like dual (left/right side) climate controls.

humfrz

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to humfrz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help humfrz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #13
buffmaloney
buffmaloney is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

DIC shows winning lottery numbers for the next game before the next game.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to buffmaloney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help buffmaloney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
buffmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:22 AM   #14
lbhskier37
lbhskier37 is on a distinguished road

Any of the diesel powerplants they currently offer in europe. A 40+ mpg Aura would sure make the Aura greenline look silly. Would make the Prius look silly too. But that won't even happen until idiot Bob Lutz gets fired.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lbhskier37's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lbhskier37 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lbhskier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #15
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

just one?

http://www.eatoninside.com/z/blog.ph...ntry&entryid=7

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #16
mr weather
mr weather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
I'd like dual (left/right side) climate controls.

humfrz
That's actually a really good idea. I don't know why Saturn/GM never included it. It's not like it's new technology; my dad's 10-year old Regal GS has it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mr weather's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mr weather reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mr weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #17
Phaeton Driver

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech View Post
So what is this?
I don't have permission to view it and I am not REGISTERING to see it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:12 PM   #18
kwelz
kwelz is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

Navigation system and HID lights. The HIDs are forgivable but the Nav system is a standard option in most lines today.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kwelz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kwelz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kwelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #19
bc3tech
Master Member
bc3tech will become famous soon enough

2007 AURA XR

Quote:
So what is this?
I don't have permission to view it and I am not REGISTERING to see it.
my bad i thought the blog post was open to guests too...

one sec:
Quote:
Originally Posted by my blog post
So after now having been without my beefed-up compact and owning a full-size sedan for 60 days, I felt it prudent to offer up to anybody reading my thoughts on the 2007 Saturn Aura XR. On other forums I'm a member of there are people wondering what things people do/don't like about the Aura, and I've told these points already, but thought I'd enumerate them here for members considering this car or others in its lineage (new Chevy Malibu, for instance)

• Upscale model (XR) doesn't automagically have wood grain trim on the inside. Jennifer's Kia was the fully-loaded model and you could ONLY get it w/ wood on the inside. i hate wood.
  • SO quiet! Takes quite a bit of getting used to coming from my souped-up Ion w/ suspension modifications. But it is VERY welcome. However i'm a gearhead so i would appreciate *some* engine noise
  • Rear audio was definitely something i didn't expect and personally had thought more car makers had ditched. but i'm sure i'll love it once my son is born and gets older
  • Back seat is VERY spacious. Our friend Jason (who's at least 6'2") fit back there w/o any complaints
Would have been Nice
  • An all-wheel-drive option. Especially on the XR-trim level. They offered everything from heated leather to pedal adjustment, but no all-wheel drive? With the popularity of this kind of powertrain nowadays, I'm really surprised.
Dislikes
  • Throttle has no feeling whatsoever. This has to be my #1 coming from an Ion. You could tell in the ion when you were pushing the engine just from the throttle. in the aura you cannot. mostly due to pedal feel, but also the sheer quietness of the cabin keeps out nearly all engine noise until you get > 3krpm. Very nice for cruising though
  • The paddle shifting is unintuitive for me. I would prefer right paddle + left paddle - instead of the +/- on each paddle. I have more than once downshifted when i meant to upshift strictly because of this.
  • Trans slow to engage. When going from R -> D you have to wait a second. this i hope to fix w/ some trans tuning
  • No cruise control cancel - Jennifer's Kia has this and i use it all the time
  • No handbrake - I hate foot parking brakes
  • remote start 10min rule. during the winter, 10min is often NOT long enough. and even the two 10min startups that you are allowed isn't long enough in some cases. Additionally, if you are walking to your car while it's running on remote start, and hit unlock, then proceed to get in, and the 10 minutes expires at any time during all of this, car shuts off. If i just unlocked / opened the door don't you think i'm coming? or just put the key in the IGN but haven't quite turned it on?
  • remote start no heated seats. if you're heating up the car, why not turn the seats on? it (seems like it) does this if you start the car while in it and the climate control needs to turn to heat.
  • for me this is something i like, but others have complained. the XR uses hydraulic steering for a more "in tune w/ the road" feel which I love. however this DOES result in harder steering. Jennifer's Kia sorento i can turn w/ one finger, my aura i cannot.
  • side mirror adjustment up near driver's side mirror.... lean forward and your perception's already off! shoulda left this the way it was in the Ion in my opinion.
  • No auto-close feature on the sunroof. They implemented auto close on the window, why not on the roof? anti-pinch would be applicable there too, so use it! Apparently, I've found out, even the 2007 Outlook from Saturn has auto-close on the sunroof, but they neglected to put it in the Aura.
  • NO handle whatsoever on the trunk... i have found it more of a pain to shut the trunk w/o mucking up the back of it w/ my hand / mud / etc. I REALLY wish they'd have done something under the Saturn emblem like Infinity's done on the G-series.
  • Last but not least, how could I forget the wipers! The wipers on this thing are HORRIBLE for snow/ice weather. If you live in a snow climate, replace them ASAP or better yet, make the dealer do it for free before buying the car.
  • I do hear many warnings about the panoramic sunroof being something to steer clear of.
As you can see, if these are the things I have to complain about - they've done a great job on the car! :-)
I'll update this blog entry as I drive the car more and come up with other points to make about it.

+rep always appreciated!

The Procharged Ion - http://kickassion.bc3tech.net
16.317s @ 85.30mph (Nearly stock)
188.28whp / 175.03wtq - SMP Stage 2 - 10psi

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bc3tech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bc3tech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bc3tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:25 PM   #20
Catbert
Catbert is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

speed rated tires so the speed governor can be lifted.

Don't think Meat, throw the ball. Crash Davis

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Catbert's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Catbert reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Catbert is offline   Reply With Quote