SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > How-To Library
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #101
ik720
ik720 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Unlocking Theft Deterrent Radio

So after I had some work done on my car I was stuck with a locked radio. I followed the directions and got the code from my radio (3583) and I called the number and got another number (5837).. I tried to enter it and it didn't work. Has this happened to anybody else? Any ideas?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ik720's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ik720 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ik720 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 04:01 AM   #102
abruntstorm
abruntstorm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmart View Post
UPDATE and some clarification. I know the following sequence works for a 2003 Saturn VUE.

Got it unlocked Daughter is happy all good

Here is how I got it

1. Start car turn on radio, hold down 1&2 until you get your scrambled code (mine was 9219)

2. Run the car for an hour, leave radio on until ---- is showing on your radio display.

3. Call 1-888-225-2306, Pick your favorite facility code from this site [tripleW].saturnretailersonline.com/MiscPage_24 (I used the Aggieland Saturn, in College Station Texas and it was still active) input in the 4 digit scrambled code you got from your radio (step 1.) Be prepared to write down the new code (s), the digitized voice gave me two code options. So I wrote down both codes. My code was the first one 4712.

4. You the use the left side of the “seek” (left side of radio) button to input the first number, the right side of the same button to input second number.

5. Then move to the “tune” button on the bottom right of the radio and use left side for input third number, the right side of the same button for the input of the fourth number.

6. Once the display shows the correct 4 digit number you received from the phone call (step 3), push the am/fm (small round button, upper left of radio) and you are good to go. If you input the wrong code 3 times it locks it again and you have to wait another hour to get back to the ----.

Good luck, now if I could only figure out how to get her CD changer to work.

This worked awesome on my 2004 Vue on 3-23-2013

Further clarification, make sure your radio is OFF when pressing 1 and 2 or that pretty little code will NEVER come up!! My particular model's code was 1688.

However Dealer code 106010 did not work for me when calling the 888 number.

Dealer code 12318 DID work.

And to make your life easier in case your radio has the same scrambled code as mine, the unlock code was 3085!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to abruntstorm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help abruntstorm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
abruntstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #103
asdfqwe
asdfqwe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx250ryder View Post
I was troubleshooting a dead driver side power window on my girlfriend's 1998 Saturn SL2 and it killed the battery.

Upon hooking up the battery charger, I noticed that it triggered the LOC code on her radio (CD player w/ EQ). I was surprised because I figured nobody ever bothered to set their radio lock code (since they might forget and lock themselves out). Well, apparently the previous owner did set a code (just my luck). Anyway, I guessed all the popular codes, and apparently after too many tries, it locks the radio into INOP mode.

I found a link to a forum thread (below) that described the process for GM vehicles, however Saturn and Geo use 4 digit radio codes instead of 6 digit codes like the rest of GM so the process is different than what you see spread all over the internet:

***Read all steps before attempting. You are on a time limit when entering codes, so knowing what to do in advance will save alot of frustration***

1.) To begin, if your radio is displays LOC, then proceed to step 2. If your radio says INOP, then turn your ignition to the RUN position, and turn the radio ON. You must leave it like this for a minimum of 1 hour (not 59 minutes) to clear the INOP message. I would wait 1 1/2 hours just in case doing it too early causes the timer to start over.

2.) Turn your ignition to RUN (if not already), and your radio to OFF. Press and hold preset buttons 2 and 3 for around 5-10 seconds to obtain a scrambled version of your radio's original factory set code.

3.) Call 800-537-5140 and ignore whatever you are promted to do (something about different dealer brands Chevy, Pontiac, Saturn,etc.), and type the number 202108 into your phone and then press the # button.

4.) Input your radio's 4 digit code into your phone when prompted, then press the * button (NOT pound symbol like above step) and be ready with a pen and paper to write down the unscrambled code. Keep this code somewhere you WILL NOT lose it. I wrote mine in the notes section of the owners manual.

5.) Once you have the code written down, press and hold 5 and 6 on your radio's preset buttons for 5-10 seconds.

6.) Then press the seek down button once to start the entry process.

7.) Using the following key, repeatedly press the buttons to set your code:
seek down = first digit
seek up = second digit
tune down = third digit
tune up = fourth digit

NOTE: I just checked a picture of the stereo out and discovered the buttons have arrows facing left and right and not up and down. For the purposes of this process, left represents down, and right represents up.

8.) Once you have the code entered, press AM/FM to set it.

Presto, you have kept your local dealer from screwing you out of $30-100 dollars.

Note that the code given in step 3 belongs to a Pontiac dealer out there somewhere (judging by the number 2 at the beginning of the code if you listen to the voice prompts on the 800 number), so if they go out of business or wise up to their code being used, this method may eventually not work. However, the post I dug it up from is over a year old, so there is hope that it will last a while.

If you are not comfortable with the above process, I believe Saturn of Tempe (Arizona) will help you reset your radio over the phone for free; not sure though, I wanted to know how to do it myself, since service departments aren't always open especially on nights and weekends. I wouldn't go in person (since you will be easier to charge standing there with your wallet/purse- just call, and be very very VERY nice so that the tech doesn't feel like screwing you into paying.
202108 no longer works. try 781129. follow the rest of the post as above.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to asdfqwe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help asdfqwe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
asdfqwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #104
kookies2000
kookies2000 is on a distinguished road

Hell Please help....I bought my 2008 about 2 months ago. The battery died and with it so did my radio. I have seen post about 2006 and 2003 Saturn Vue on retrieving codes is it the same for my 2008 Vue do you have to press 1&2 or 3&4 to get the codes? Any help will be greatly apprieciated..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kookies2000's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kookies2000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kookies2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #105
2002SilverVue
2002SilverVue is on a distinguished road

I recently replaced my BCM, Alternator, and Battery on my 2002 Saturn Vue. I pulled the code holding 1&2 for 5 seconds ("0194") and I called the 1-800 number to retrieve the scrammble code (The 1-888 number nobody answers). I enter said scrammble code as instructed, but it keeps giving me an error message and than will lock again.

Anyone have any ideas why the scramble code wouldn't work? I called the 1-800 number again for a second code, but was given the same scramble code again and again it didn't work.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2002SilverVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2002SilverVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2002SilverVue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #106
LabRat
Advanced Member
LabRat is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
1999 SL2

The 106010* "dealer number" worked for me today unlocking our 99 SL2 Theft Deterrent CD player. YMMV.
-LR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LabRat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LabRat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #107
lynnk
lynnk is on a distinguished road

1997 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Thank you DustyRoads for the updated Dealer Code and the original poster who wrote the detailed guide in December 2006. My '97 SL2 is still running after
78,300 miles. I'm not sure who is more shocked: me or GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyRoads View Post
Thanks,
It(106010*) still works-3March13!
Got my 99SL2radio on!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lynnk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lynnk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lynnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #108
TommyK
TommyK is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
2007 RELAY-3

I wonder if that old Pontiac dealer code still works?

Any help in obtaining the code before a planned power outage?

"If you've got time to breathe, you've got time for music." --- Briscoe Darling

A guitars = chick magnet
A Guitar Hero = guy magnet
You do the math.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TommyK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TommyK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TommyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #109
blakerybob03
blakerybob03 is on a distinguished road

1993 SL1

106010 Code worked Today but 4 digit number did not work on my 2000 L100. I called GM in Provo UT, after much hesitation they called a magic number and gave me the correct code. They wanted to charge me but i already had the code and I was only on the phone so how were they going to charge me... lol

Do you think they are calling the United Radio Number, (1-800-448-0944) getting the code for free and then charging people $19.99 a pop for the code?

1993 SL1 With 201K
98 Durango to pull the saturn home when it breaks down:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blakerybob03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blakerybob03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blakerybob03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #110
Acylonmiklos
Acylonmiklos is on a distinguished road

I called 1-800-448-0944, asked for service department, told them my saturn radio was locked, gave them my 4 digit code, and bingo he have me the 4 digit password and it worked! To get the code turn ignition on and radio off. hold down 2 and 3 for 15 seconds and a code appears. Then dashes appear, put in the password by using arrows for tuning and arrows for seek. Then press am/fm button to enter password.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Acylonmiklos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Acylonmiklos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Acylonmiklos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #111
oylenshpeegul
oylenshpeegul is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2007 AURA XR
Happy Re: Unlocking Theft Deterrent Radio

The battery in my 1996 SL2 died today...from the cold, I guess. When I got it jump started, the stereo said LOC. The original phone number and the 106010* code worked for me. I've got tunes again! Thanks, kx250ryder and LabRat!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oylenshpeegul's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oylenshpeegul reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oylenshpeegul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #112
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

can a thief who ripped-off a radio like this also un-lock it the same way we do? of so what's the purpose of the
"anti theft" feature?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #113
nisser
nisser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmart View Post
UPDATE and some clarification. I know the following sequence works for a 2003 Saturn VUE.

Got it unlocked Daughter is happy all good

Here is how I got it

1. Start car turn on radio, hold down 1&2 until you get your scrambled code (mine was 9219)

2. Run the car for an hour, leave radio on until ---- is showing on your radio display.

3. Call 1-888-225-2306, Pick your favorite facility code from this site [tripleW].saturnretailersonline.com/MiscPage_24 (I used the Aggieland Saturn, in College Station Texas and it was still active) input in the 4 digit scrambled code you got from your radio (step 1.) Be prepared to write down the new code (s), the digitized voice gave me two code options. So I wrote down both codes. My code was the first one 4712.

4. You the use the left side of the “seek” (left side of radio) button to input the first number, the right side of the same button to input second number.

5. Then move to the “tune” button on the bottom right of the radio and use left side for input third number, the right side of the same button for the input of the fourth number.

6. Once the display shows the correct 4 digit number you received from the phone call (step 3), push the am/fm (small round button, upper left of radio) and you are good to go. If you input the wrong code 3 times it locks it again and you have to wait another hour to get back to the ----.

Good luck, now if I could only figure out how to get her CD changer to work.
saturnretailersonline(dot)com/MiscPage_24 Is DEAD??

I can not open this website. I need to unlock the radio VUE 2003 Help!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nisser's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nisser reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #114
Dano48
Dano48 is on a distinguished road

I tried that with my 2001 L series. my code is 9131 which I got by holding down preset 1 and 2 for a few seconds but no help with the 800-537 5140 number, just keep telling me invalid. PLEASE HELP

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dano48's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dano48 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dano48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:04 PM   #115
Zachtheman
Zachtheman is on a distinguished road

I got a scrambled code of 8870 and when I entered the code from the 800 number it still won't unlock someone help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zachtheman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zachtheman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zachtheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:13 PM   #116
WRAiTHY
WRAiTHY is on a distinguished road

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to let you know that I called United Radio (800-448-0944) today, asked for the service department and gave them my scrambled code and they gave me the correct code. I called the original 800-537-5140 number and it gave me the wrong code. I would advise you call United Radio instead of the original number. You don't need any dealer numbers, just your scrambled code from the radio.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WRAiTHY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WRAiTHY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WRAiTHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:05 PM   #117
phelpo
phelpo is on a distinguished road

Help, I have a 2007 Saturn Vue, did what all have done
jumped a dead battery, didn't start bought a new one started
right up but NO Radio, no signal nothing. Tried all the fixes
on here and many other sites. Bought another exact
radio it is totally dead. changed all the fuses, disconnected
the battery for a long time. Checked power in to the radio
both the ign and battery wires are hot. Called different
dealerships and they have no clue.

I was told by a friend who has a used car lot that the computer
needs to be reprogrammed and that can be done by
driving into the service lane and the reps supposed to have
a thingie that does it. Anyone heard this before.

Thanks, Phelpo

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phelpo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phelpo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #118
riveramassa
riveramassa is on a distinguished road

cargurus.com has the answer. I just used their dealer codes to received my radios factory code it worked. Just follow instruction.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to riveramassa's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help riveramassa reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
riveramassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:22 PM   #119
Fenris
Fenris is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephglo View Post
As of 3/1/2010 this 206053 number still works.

I successfully unlocked my radio using the instructions however I would like to point out for anyone else that there is no visual or audio cue given to let you know you have held preset 5 and 6 long enough to enter the unscrambled code. You simply have to have faith that it will work and press the seek down button once to start the entry process.

I very much appreciated these instructions. I had to replace a fuse and had no idea that the radio would require such effort afterwards. Many thanks to those who have posted and updated the numbers and directions.
Stephglo is correct inasmuch as my 1999 sl2 did NOT show ---- after holding down preset buttons 5 & 6. After holding in both buttons, just hit the left seek button. Just did this today.

F

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Fenris's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Fenris reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Fenris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #120
guting
guting is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelpo View Post
Help, I have a 2007 Saturn Vue, did what all have done
jumped a dead battery, didn't start bought a new one started
right up but NO Radio, no signal nothing. Tried all the fixes
on here and many other sites. Bought another exact
radio it is totally dead. changed all the fuses, disconnected
the battery for a long time. Checked power in to the radio
both the ign and battery wires are hot. Called different
dealerships and they have no clue.

I was told by a friend who has a used car lot that the computer
needs to be reprogrammed and that can be done by
driving into the service lane and the reps supposed to have
a thingie that does it. Anyone heard this before.

Thanks, Phelpo
Hi,

I also have a Saturn Vue 2007. After changing my battery, the radio is lifeless. No displaying anything. No time. Two fuses are fine. Did you eventually solve you problem? Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to guting's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help guting reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
guting is offline   Reply With Quote