SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Green Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2019, 11:34 AM   #1
havok
havok is on a distinguished road

Default 2007 Vue Greenline Catalytic Converter revisited

So, I'm hoping someone has a suggestion here ... GM has discontinued the catalytic converter for the 2007 Saturn Vue Greenline. Of course, I need one with the new Vermont emissions testing.

MagnaFlow lists a compatible OEM bolt-on converter, but it turned out to be the wrong one (too short) as MagnaFlow lists the same converter for ALL the Vue Greenline models, 2007-2010, which is obviously not true.

Eastern Catalytic (50422) and AP Exhaust (643134) both list a different part for the 2007 and then the 2008-2010, possibly suggesting that theirs might be the correct one, but I cannot seem to find any place to get either one.

Does anyone have any suggestion(s)? I really don't want to junk the car due to the lack of a catalytic converter as it runs and drives great!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to havok's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help havok reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
havok is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2019, 03:16 PM   #2
tackepj
tackepj will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Default Re: 2007 Vue Greenline Catalytic Converter revisited

Is it possible to take the part that's too short to a welding shop to have them weld it in with an extension? I wouldn't think that's too difficult. I had a welding shop put a generic flex pipe in my Astra, and they made it seem like any part could eventually be made to fit.

Former: 2005 L300, 2007 VUE Green Line
Current: 2008 Astra XE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tackepj's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tackepj reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tackepj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:51 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2007 Vue Greenline Catalytic Converter revisited

If you visit each catcon manufacturer's web site, you should be able to find a suitable replacement for catcons only. In order to know dimensions, you'll have to crawl under and measure length of catcon from weld to weld, outside diameter of each end welded to the rest of the exhaust system and approximate length of the braided portion of the catcon. You're establishing custom dimensions yourself and have to decide on an exact replacement from all the catcon manufacturers. While this may seem challenging, it's no different of you drive up to a muffler shop and give the carte blanch to do the same. This presumes they find the same info of discontinued exhaust parts and would have to cut and splice into the existing exhaust, cutting out the catcon. You'll pay either way but may save some money if you find the perfect replacement with a shop willing to remove, cut and weld in a new catcon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote