SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Information New Efforts Aim to Boost Awareness, Build Saturn Sales this Fall

In an effort to continue to build momentum and growth, Saturn has four tricks up its sleeve this fall. Bloomberg News reports that GM's import-fighting division will roll out new ads, test a new online ordering system, put its name back its cars, and bring back the successful side-by-side-by-side campaign from this past summer.

This year will be Saturn's third consecutive year of sales increases, but Saturn executives are aggressively working to find ways to push its even sales higher, in an innovative and creative Saturn-like way. Saturn, drawing from its roots as GM's lab for new testing new concepts, hopes this combination of ideas will help it to win over import customers at a faster rate. "This is really the 21st century division of GM, and this is where they're putting their best foot forward," Jonah Brown, director of sales strategy at Edmunds.com, told the news service. "But this is a game of very incremental wins."

Click here for the full story.

Enjoy,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
trekkerguy
trekkerguy is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: New Efforts Aim to Boost Awareness, Build Saturn Sales this Fall

Sounds awesome! Lets go Saturn!

If they redo the Emblem with the name on em again with the shiny logo, i'll be ordering new ones.

myspace.com/trekkerguy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trekkerguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trekkerguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trekkerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

I hope they improve their ads. Most of the ads I've seen the past 2 years were horrible...

I really like the new 2008 Honda Accord TV ads. "Hold on tight to your dreams..." Very visual and uplifting commercials. The 2008 Accord is even more desireable now that it has the J35 engine at 265 hp available.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 11

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L

I wish them well. Capturing new customers in a different market segment isn't easy. Ultimately the best thing that can happen is that their new product lines are of high quality and provide good value for the now higher purchase prices. The added advertising and image building works best if the message is backed by positive word-of-mouth endorsements from real owners and drivers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
John10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #5
beanheadz
beanheadz is on a distinguished road

WELL IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!
I agree that most of our ads lately have not measured up to the competition.
Those new Accord ads are nice; Saturn ads don't come near it. How do they (Saturn) expect people to want to buy the cars if the ads don't convey that special feeling?

I remember Oldsmobile, in it's last years, didn't even have it's name anywhere on the cars, as though they were embarrassed to say it was an Olds. That's the way Saturn has been, and it's long overdue to change it. It's great news that the old logo with the Saturn name is returning.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beanheadz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beanheadz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beanheadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

It was sort of embarrassing all the people that stop and ask my sister what kind of car her SKY is. Funny most everyone is shocked that it is a Saturn.

Most all of this could have been prevented, and the brand properly promoted if Saturn was proudly displayed on the vehicles. Only the little badges on the fenders of my VUE say Saturn...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #7
TexJer78
TexJer78 is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
2007 AURA XE

The dealership I picked up our new Aura at has a new ad campaign...don't know if Saturn has adopted it as a whole, but on the front license plate it says... "Yes, its a Saturn". Its funny, because my wife and I had just been saying that Saturn should use that as a marketing tool.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TexJer78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TexJer78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TexJer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:26 PM   #8
BobbyP
Master Member

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexJer78 View Post
The dealership I picked up our new Aura at has a new ad campaign...don't know if Saturn has adopted it as a whole, but on the front license plate it says... "Yes, its a Saturn". Its funny, because my wife and I had just been saying that Saturn should use that as a marketing tool.
There was a TV commercials showing people seeing the cars going down the road and saying "That's a Saturn?"

I don't have a clue how people could have known who made this last round of Saturns. It was poor judgement that Saturn thought the average person on the street would recognize the logo.

Some people rumored that Saturn name was removed on purpose because GM was going to absorb the models into other divisions and dissolve the company.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-18-2007, 07:15 PM   #9
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

I wish them well.

BobbyP, I think those rumors were fueled when GM decided that Saturn's lineup could use a boost by turning an eye to Europe and Opel in particular.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote