SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos


Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #1
matt95
New Member
matt95 is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Default Haywire turn signal 2003 vue

Hopefully this is the right place to post, so here goes.

Around Christmas I hit a small doe on the driver side. No damages to the car in terms of physical dents or anything like that. After I get home I noticed my right blinker would blink fast. Bad bulb I thought. I also noticed my fogs would only sometimes work. Sometimes it would be one or both.So I come back out in the morning and everything works fine. It would work and not work for about 2 weeks before it quit working. With no seemingly corolation to anything.

After that the right blinker is bad again. It blinks but is so dull it can hardly be seen. And my driver side fog does not work. I switched blinker bulbs and it has no effect on it. So the bulbs are good. The connection has no signs of corrosion either.

Have seen people mention trying the hazards. The right turn signal is weak. Again can hardly been seen, all others are good. I have not torn into the fog light issue but I'm a little confused were to start with these problems.

So what is everyones option on where to look or start? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to matt95's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help matt95 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
matt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2017, 10:05 AM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: san diego
Posts: 4,355

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Haywire turn signal 2003 vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt95 View Post
No damages to the car in terms of physical dents or anything like that. After I get home I noticed my right blinker would blink fast. !
REmove your R/blinker and plug it in to your good side( left) to test and move your L/ blink to the right side.

Does the problem move with the blinker or stay put?

There must be some damage that's noticeable with the removal of the blink assy...

...
'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:55 AM   #3
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold
 
far2grumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 7,936
 

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Haywire turn signal 2003 vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt95 View Post
Hopefully this is the right place to post, so here goes.

Around Christmas I hit a small doe on the driver side. No damages to the car in terms of physical dents or anything like that. After I get home I noticed my right blinker would blink fast. Bad bulb I thought. I also noticed my fogs would only sometimes work. Sometimes it would be one or both.So I come back out in the morning and everything works fine. It would work and not work for about 2 weeks before it quit working. With no seemingly corolation to anything.

After that the right blinker is bad again. It blinks but is so dull it can hardly be seen. And my driver side fog does not work. I switched blinker bulbs and it has no effect on it. So the bulbs are good. The connection has no signs of corrosion either.

Have seen people mention trying the hazards. The right turn signal is weak. Again can hardly been seen, all others are good. I have not torn into the fog light issue but I'm a little confused were to start with these problems.

So what is everyones option on where to look or start? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Matt ... see thumbnail ... there's a splice point (SP101) and ground point (G101) attached to frame behind the left front headlamp.

All front turn/hazard signal and fog lamp ground wires (black) are routed to SP101/G101 so there's a good chance one or more wires were damaged by the collision.

The easy way out would be to go to non-performing light fixtures to strip a small piece of insulation from black wires and connect pieces of new wire (make joint waterproof) and route other end of new wire to a nice clean ground point.

This should put you back in business.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vue Grounds.jpg (76.8 KB, 6 views)

...
I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:59 PM   #4
matt95
New Member
matt95 is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Default Re: Haywire turn signal 2003 vue

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysvue View Post
REmove your R/blinker and plug it in to your good side( left) to test and move your L/ blink to the right side.

Does the problem move with the blinker or stay put?

There must be some damage that's noticeable with the removal of the blink assy...
I put the bulb that worked in the right side and it did not work. I'll be trying a few other things and report back.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to matt95's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help matt95 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
matt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:12 AM   #5
drowsytaco
New Member
drowsytaco is on a distinguished road
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 3

2003 VUE 2.2L
Idea Re: Haywire turn signal 2003 vue

I had my turn signals go haywire and it was caused by my Emergency lights button, after pressing it a few times and seemingly getting it in the right spot, my blinkers worked again. Doesn't give me any problems unless i mess with it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to drowsytaco's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help drowsytaco reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
drowsytaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2003 Vue Turn Signal Switch Issues njgliderider 2008 Vue 0 09-28-2014 09:59 PM
2003 Saturn Vue AC and Turn Signal Problems HELP!!! 1gtp11 Vue General 2 07-25-2012 08:46 PM
2003 Vue Turn signal cancel problems majacoby Vue Tech 0 04-01-2007 08:40 PM
2003 Ion Turn Signal Problem dewermcd Ion General 2 04-01-2007 02:36 PM
2003 Ion turn signal RICH Ion General 16 07-29-2004 01:26 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SaturnFans.com. The Saturn Enthusiasts Site.