SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
charlieluna
charlieluna is on a distinguished road

Default There is more than corn in Indiana...

there's saturns, too!!!! ha ha!! My name is Charlie Luna. I hail from Noblesville, Indiana. I'm finally glad to find a forum for us saturn owners. I have a 1994 Saturn SL1 with the SOHC 4 cylinder. It has roughly 190K miles on it since the odometer quit shortly after I bought it last February. Am I glad to own a Saturn? Yes, because I know it is a piece of history and it is a good car if I can manage to get everything working properly. I'll be patrolling the forum trying to find answers and possibly give some answers at the same time.

Thanks for letting me in. I hope you all become good friends of mine and good teachers. Glad to be here!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to charlieluna's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help charlieluna reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
charlieluna is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 12:30 AM   #2
DracoAzule
DracoAzule is on a distinguished road

Default Re: There is more than corn in Indiana...

Hello and welcome ^^

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DracoAzule's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DracoAzule reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DracoAzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:50 AM   #3
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: There is more than corn in Indiana...

Congratulations and welcome. This site among other things persuaded me to become an owner/fan. The S Series is probably the last of the "People's Cars" [VW Beetle, Model T, Ford Pinto and the old 60s compacts]: where even the least mechanically inclined could learn how to make repairs and keep their cars running by themselves.

The cars are brilliantly simple. It's doubtful we'll ever see the likes of them again.

Lots of fun for not a little money. Hope you enjoy it. And this site is loaded with fine knowledgable people.

You're right about Saturns being "historic": the last real attempt at a car company,historic expenditure and effort on the part of the largest car maker in the world,technically interesting cars.

While they may look like modest little economy cars, their story and history is fascinationg, a real primer on what GM did wrong on not just Saturn's level but on so many of the decisions that brought them to bankruptcy in the end.

Represent !

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote