SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
techieguy
techieguy is on a distinguished road

Dizzy 97 SC Front door panel removal

I've searched the threads but couldn't find a good answer. I'm trying to replace the front door speakers but I'm not sure how to get the door panel off.

I've removed the small rigid plastic piece by the side view mirror and the screw behind it. Taken out the plastic fastener along the rear edge of the door and also the 3 screws holding the grab handle and the bezel of the door latch and lock/unlock button. I've gotten to where if I pull up on the entire door panel it seems to unlock from several places where the plastic fasteners hold the door panel to the door. Almost there!

My problem is the door latch and unlock bezel is not giving way. I don't want to pull or pry too much 'cause I know I will bend or break something.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thanks as always,

Techie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to techieguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help techieguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
techieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
GmG
Advanced Member
GmG is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2
1992 SC
Default Re: 97 SC Front door panel removal

I've done this on my 98. Do you have power windows? I had to remove the window crank.

I also removed that whole door lever piece by disconnecting the two linkages inside. Remove the screw(s), pull it out to get access to the back, there is a plastic piece around each linkage rod, you rotate that to line it up for removal, slide the linkage out of its respective hole, and once both are out, the piece is free.

Unless I'm missing something because I've never taken one apart that had power accessories, the door panel should be free to lift up and out.

George
92 SCm 138k
98 SC2m 131k

"You shouldn't leave things in the fridge. That is the lesson."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GmG's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GmG reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:52 AM   #3
techieguy
techieguy is on a distinguished road

I got it. Thanks.

I didn't realize I needed to slide the entire door latch assembly forward to release it from the inner door panel. Once it was released, I could then see where the 2 rods attached to the handle and was able to remove them.

The assembly wasn't too bad to put together either.

Thanks again,

Techie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to techieguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help techieguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
techieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:44 PM   #4
GmG
Advanced Member
GmG is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2
1992 SC

Cool, glad I could help.

George
92 SCm 138k
98 SC2m 131k

"You shouldn't leave things in the fridge. That is the lesson."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GmG's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GmG reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GmG is offline   Reply With Quote