saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:32 AM   #1
jeffkics
jeffkics is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
Dizzy Whats up with the loaner cars???

OK so this is my second time in with a warranty related item, first and ABS module and now the RDM thing.

The first loaner car I got was a small compact crappy POS Kia something, I can only compare it to one of my first cars the 3 cylinder Chevy Sprint in the late 80's.
After driving it for 2 days, and trying to keep my head as low as possible so know one would see me, I got my baby back, and they asked me if I had any complaints, I voiced my opinion of their Enterprise Rental Crap Mobiles. I said I didn't appreciate the tin can they put me in, and asked why they didn't provide another Saturn, hey I would have like to test drive the Ion or something. Might even get one someday, who knows.
Anyway, I scheduled my RDM to be done, and told the lady I wanted a mid-sized something from their rental, what did I get, the sprint *****ter. Another crappy compact. I told the rental lady that it was supposed to be a midsize, and that she could call the office, but it would take awhile to get another car out there. Then to top it off it had an 1/8 tank of gas in it. When I asked about that she said that's OK we just ask that you return it with an 1/8 a tank. WTFFFFFFF?
So now that I vented, why does Saturn use a rental company, or is it just my dealer?
I think I will complain to the manager this time, when I bring it back today, and write Saturn a letter too.
It is basic transportation, and thatís all fine and dandy, but I didn't by a 28,000 dollar car to get put in a Campbell soup can. If you bought a BMW and they put you in a Pontiac do you think you would be happy? Not to mention the fact that I bought the Saturn to feel safe, and I don't feel safe in something like that.

Man, OK so I'm done, anyone else???
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2004, 10:40 AM   #2
bk63
bk63 is on a distinguished road

I've had Saturns for 9 years and only had a loaner once. My dealer has ONE. That's it. When my 03 VUE was in the shop for 4 days one time they finally said I could get a rental but would have to pay for the tax or some crap like that. Luckily I had another vehicle to drive.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:01 AM   #3
skijay
skijay will become famous soon enough

I signed my rights away for a loaner car at the dealership I purchased my VUE from. Basically I acknowledged that they do not provide loaner car service and they will assit me in getting a rental car if I need it, either at my expense or for free.

They use Enterprise. The local fleet looks like the Kia Rio, Saturn Ion, Stratus, Jetta, Trailblazer, Altima, Taurus. There are more but that is what I could see.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:02 AM   #4
DFW_VUE
DFW_VUE is on a distinguished road

I have always bought new cars and have never had a "loaner" car....I have always had to pay for a rental or get a ride back and forth....Im not sure if you are paying for this car or not....If this were me I would be thankful that I get anything for free....If you are paying for the rental then you need to voice your complaint to Enterprise.

Not sure which is what you are dealing with

-Jeremy
Old 06-17-2004, 11:22 AM   #5
mhzinky
mhzinky is on a distinguished road

Part of the Saturn basic bumper to bumper warrenty is the free rental. How can a dealer make you sign away what corporate GM giveth?

As far as what you get, my dealer has one loaner, a very very beat up saturn something (i think it doubles for the show room cut away sample on weekends). At least in a pinch (and there have been many as my 02 Vue was in the shop often) I had wheels.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:24 AM   #6
jeffkics

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally posted by DFW_VUE
I have always bought new cars and have never had a "loaner" car....I have always had to pay for a rental or get a ride back and forth....Im not sure if you are paying for this car or not....If this were me I would be thankful that I get anything for free....If you are paying for the rental then you need to voice your complaint to Enterprise.

Not sure which is what you are dealing with

-Jeremy
Nope not paying for it, i was under the assumption that it was part of the warrenty.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:25 PM   #7
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

We now have 4 VUEs and 5 IONs to use for loaners. Normally they are just for service work, but I got one as a rental after my accident. I am suprised more dealers don't, however, I know their reasoning. The rentals are basically throw away cars.. they get driven hard, the interiors (and exteriors) get trashed and scratched. A lot of smaller dealers might not want to basically throw $$$ into the wind. If any of you who were at the Columbus meet and you saw my rental you know what I mean. In 5,000 miles, this thing had chips all over the doors, a scratch down the left rear corner, the bumper was scratched, the floormats trashes, the hook was torn from the carpet for the driver's mat, the seats were stained awfully (ION 2)... and it still has 6 months to go.
~D.J.~
2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011
Old 06-17-2004, 12:33 PM   #8
My 1st Ute
My 1st Ute is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L

I wouldn't complain too much.... A friend of mine has a BMW 745. and when it was in for a major repair they gave him a Ford Focus with lettering on it stating "BMW Loaner Vehicle."

How embarrassing is that?!?!?!?!?
Old 06-17-2004, 02:07 PM   #9
slowneo
slowneo is on a distinguished road

Cool free loaner

Quote:
Originally posted by mhzinky
Part of the Saturn basic bumper to bumper warrenty is the free rental. How can a dealer make you sign away what corporate GM giveth?
I was told that there is no free loaner with the 3/36 warranty
that comes for free with the vehicle.

To get a free loaner/rental you must purchase an extended plan and the repair needs to be more than a "small" job.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:40 PM   #10
Caprice
Advanced Member
Caprice is on a distinguished road

Default Re: free loaner

Quote:
Originally posted by slowneo
I was told that there is no free loaner with the 3/36 warranty
that comes for free with the vehicle.

To get a free loaner/rental you must purchase an extended plan and the repair needs to be more than a "small" job.
I have been given a loaner twice by Saturn of Findlay and both times it was a fairly nicely equiped and maintained Ion 2 sedan (one time was stick shift and other time was auto). I think they might just be giving me one of the vehicles from inventory, I'm not sure, altho the stick one had a pack of cigarettes in it and a couple other items ... not sure who's car I was driving but I had it for four hours and put almost 150 miles on it heh heh heh.

Anyway, I was specifically told by my dealer guy that during the warantee period I would be given a free loaner for any service visits overnight and they would _try_ to get me something when I was there for 1+ hours visits.

I really like my dealer.

~ Simplicity is Beauty.
"Who needs electronic locks and windows, power steering, or automatic sliding
doors if you can trade it all for a little excersise and some spare change?"
Old 06-17-2004, 02:57 PM   #11
Junglecat
Junglecat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by mhzinky

The Saturn 3/36 manufacturer's warranty does NOT come with rental coverage...

A rental can be given under certain circumstances only if customer purchased an extended warranty...
Old 06-17-2004, 03:34 PM   #12
SaturnVue'03
SaturnVue'03 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

I think you were lucky just to get the loaner. Saturn of Sterling, Va does not give out loaners. Once they kept my car for 2 days because of a faulty censor board for the warning lights on my dash. They told me they didn't give out loaners and that I would have to rent a car or get someone to drive me back and forth to the dealer. What a crock of *****.

Saturn of Manassas, Va (where I bought my Vue) has given me loaners twice for service they have done. One was a top of the line SL-300 and one was a brand new 4x4 chevy s-10. Needless to say I like Saturn of Manassas much better, but it's a longer drive, and with the traffic around here during rush hour, that could cost me a few hours.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:44 PM   #13
04REDLINEVUE
04REDLINEVUE is on a distinguished road

Default Rental Cars

My Redline startimg making the same noise. It progressed into a loud binding noise in tight turns...... I took it in for service and they replaced the RDM. That took care of the problem. The mechanic spoke of it like they had allready known of the issue..... It took 1 day to fix. They gave me a rental car. And the irony of this is I got a Mazda ... Carry my American car in because it had problems to get a brand new Mazda 6 to go rawhide So lets just say we made it worth our while......

BTW This is one of my post is copied from another thread but it talks about the same thing...
Old 06-17-2004, 03:55 PM   #14
ChrisION
ChrisION is on a distinguished road

When the '96 S-10 was in the shop on two different occasions, we got a white Pontiac Grand AM sedan, and another time a white Mitsubishi Mirage sedan, both '97-ish IIRC. I hated the Mirage but I thought the Grand AM was nicer than the S-10 Unfortunately, we did't get a loaner when the TrailBlazer was in the body shop for over a week.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:05 PM   #15
tominsky
Advanced Member
tominsky is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

In a year and a half I've had 5 loaners. All ION's except for one L300 that I got after my VUE would not back out of my driveway the first day I got it. I'm sure glad my dealer has plenty of loaners, I'm sure I'll be needing them again.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:27 PM   #16
Caprice
Advanced Member
Caprice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by tominsky
In a year and a half I've had 5 loaners. All ION's except for one L300 that I got after my VUE would not back out of my driveway the first day I got it. I'm sure glad my dealer has plenty of loaners, I'm sure I'll be needing them again.
I guess with all the problems people have been having, the least the dealers can do is provide equivalent backup vehicles.

haha
~ Simplicity is Beauty.
"Who needs electronic locks and windows, power steering, or automatic sliding
doors if you can trade it all for a little excersise and some spare change?"
Old 06-18-2004, 12:40 AM   #17
jchanyaem
jchanyaem is on a distinguished road

I get a rental through my extended warrenty. Here is how my dealer rentals seem to work:

My dealer has their own set of rental cars. Real nice stuff, not sure how many they have. I've managed to get another V6 Vue with sunroof twice. Mostly, I think, it's because I took my car in reallly early in the morning.

The third time, they were out of dealer rentals and called Enterprise for me. Their deal with Enterprise is basically they pay $30 a day. Enterprise, I'm not kidding I heard this straight from their mouth, Enterprise gives you the smallest car they have cause I guess the Saturn payment is a fixed price no matter what.

When you return your car back to Enterprise. Tell them you aren't happy and they most likely will give you some deal like here's a free weekend rental or free upgrade. I guess someone might call and ask about your experience so they want you to say it was perfect.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:43 AM   #18
MaxSL2
Advanced Member
MaxSL2 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

I have never been lucky enough to get a loaner vehicle from the local retailer. My parents have had loaners from the same auto group buying Chevrolets even when the car was in for less than a day, what gives there?

I am quite sure I was given a free vertical scrape on my pass. door on my last service visit, which I had to compound out:o: Looked to me like they parked the VUE between a 2-post lift then worked on it with the doors wide open.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:42 AM   #19
jeffkics

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally posted by Junglecat
The Saturn 3/36 manufacturer's warranty does NOT come with rental coverage...

A rental can be given under certain circumstances only if customer purchased an extended warranty...
They gave me an Extended Warrenty for free, heheh I negotiated that into the price. Thats one thing you can negotiate on a Saturn.
Anyway so I get loaners/rentals.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:46 PM   #20
KellysVue
KellysVue is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L

When my car was in for 4 days to to try and replicate my hestitation on acceleration problem they gave me rental. It was a Toyota Highlander. I didn't have to pay for it, it was covered in my warranty/service agreement. I don't know the official name of it, but oil changes, regular service and all that are all free.

Kelly
Closed Thread