SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Miscellaneous Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 03:39 PM   #1
silverblueL200

Default Is it possible to get dents out of plastic?

I've got a "dent" for lack of better terms in the very lower lip of my front bumber. Its not very big, but it is very noticeable (to me at least), is there any way to "undent" plastic?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silverblueL200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silverblueL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2003, 06:38 PM   #2
Bigbadbert
Bigbadbert is on a distinguished road

The only thing you can do is take it to a body shop and have them fix it. Ive seen those little dent remover tools, but they dont work.

'01 SC2 - sold

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bigbadbert's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bigbadbert reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-03-2003, 03:34 AM   #3
lostwages_ls2
lostwages_ls2 is on a distinguished road

There is a place here called Bumper Medic that specializes in plastic bumper repair. I would assume there is a similar outfit where you are.

The TV commercial is funny. At the end of the commercial the VERY top heavy girl says...

"My bumpers never looked better"

Your Honor Student is merely a pawn in my Min Pin's diabolical world domination plot.

Obey the Min Pin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lostwages_ls2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lostwages_ls2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-03-2003, 07:10 PM   #4
silverblueL200

I'll have to look for something like that, thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help silverblueL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 11-03-2003, 10:28 PM   #5
Saturn-Eh!
Saturn-Eh! is on a distinguished road

I have seen many "dents" in front and rear fascias that would pop back out if force is applied from behind. Something to keep in mind if the "dent" is more of an indentation...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn-Eh!'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn-Eh! reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-03-2003, 10:48 PM   #6
silverblueL200

I tried pushing on it, but the indendation went down instead of in, doesn't seem like its going to go anywhere easily. Maybe I'll try beating on it when it gets real hot one day

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-03-2003, 10:54 PM   #7
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

I have sucessfully popped dents out of the unpainted covers of "1" cars by removing the bumper cover and hitting the back side of the dent with a block of wood and a hammer. I do not know if the painted "2" bumpers will show the evidence of the beating or not, but the black plastic ones seem to recover with no ill effects or evidence what so ever on "small" dents.

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-03-2003, 10:58 PM   #8
silverblueL200

So the general consensous seems to be "go outside and beat the hell out of it" I'll try and tap on it some more, maybe it will pop out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-03-2003, 11:09 PM   #9
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Make sure you SEE the part about "remove the bumper cover and hit the dent from the BACK side" above...you need the bumper cover OFF THE CAR and on a FIRM surface (such as a piece of carpet on a concrete driveway) for this to work...

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-04-2003, 06:52 AM   #10
TedL
TedL is on a distinguished road

And you might want to bring your hair dryer to soften it up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TedL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TedL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread