SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #1
boceltics17
boceltics17 is on a distinguished road

Default Engine fan runs constantly

I have a 2002 Vue, 4 cylinder, 5 spd, about 96K miles. The check engine light is on. I had Autozone and Advanced Auto read the code, they said there were no codes present. The engine fan is running constantly. I suspect the engine temp sensor has failed. Has anyone else seen this? I happened on another GM product. Replacing the sensor fixed it.

Thanks,

John

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to boceltics17's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help boceltics17 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
boceltics17 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
aaronstubbe
aaronstubbe is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L
1997 SC1
Default Re: Engine fan runs constantly

I have the same issue on my 2.2? Did you resolve this?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to aaronstubbe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help aaronstubbe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
aaronstubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

You shouldn't expect any reply from a 3yr old post ( 04-09-2007, 04:59 PM) especially when no one here offered any help.

Perhaps inspecting your coolant sensor connections for a disconnect or loose connection can solve this issue otherwise it will be more troubleshooting. Troubleshooting may lie with the fan control relays that tend to stick sometimes, causing the fan to run continuously. There's a low speed and high speed relay to consider; both relays are interchangeable but the low speed relay has a resistor in line to reduce the current so the fan runs at lower speed. Listening to the fan can tell you which relay may be stuck ON.

In general, low speed cooling is most likely the issue as its used more for slight over temperature conditions and summer a/c use. High speed fan use occurs with HOT summer over temperature conditions of coolant combined with a/c use in hot weather. When the radiator coolant heats up in HOT summer weather combined with a/c use, the hot condenser coils are another heat producer that calls for high speed fan cooling until temps drop. Then the switch from high speed cooling goes back to low speed for a constant air flow.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
marwanco
marwanco is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I had similar problem, But in m case the Idle RPM was jumping and discovered
vacuum leak in intake manifold.
Fan was starting right away, but I had check engine light because of that.
It disappeared when I sealed the leaks with black silicon.
So far so good.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marwanco's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marwanco reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marwanco is offline   Reply With Quote