SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 11:32 AM   #1
Rod
Rod is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn coupe seen on set of Matrix 2

Was looking at some spy photos from the set of the upcoming Matrix 2 movie. I thought it was cool that there was a Saturn on the set. Note the fancy new cadillac with the bullet holes up the back!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rod's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rod reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2001, 11:44 AM   #2
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Wow, that's cool! Though that one looks like SC1? or SC2 with no Alloy wheels....

The CTS looks cool outside, but the inside I can't bear the 'Angular' character lines and cheap dash. Oh geez!

Too bad Matrix is not using L-series, maybe it doesn't look too aggressive and futuristic.

Btw, anyone knows the 'Timeline' in Matrix 2 story, still in 22nd century? The SC2-look can last a century according to the movie then....hahahaha ;D

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2001, 11:56 AM   #3
Jeff

remember, the "real" time in the movie was 22nd century, but the matrix-time was supposed to be around the year 2000. which is undoubtedly where that Caddy and Saturn are seen.

ok I've seen that movie too many times.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jeff's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jeff reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 08-22-2001, 12:05 PM   #4
wei_
wei_ is on a distinguished road

From the body color side mirror and spoiler, I'd guess an SC2.
When's the movie due out?
- Wei

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wei_'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wei_ reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2001, 12:19 PM   #5
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Wow you made me confused....do you mean the Matrix movie is being physically shot in year 2000 (Yea, we all know).

The Matrix story itself is in some year of 22nd Century.

I wonder why they don't do gunshooting to the Aztek instead. hahaha ;D

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2001, 02:02 PM   #6
Rod

Ok, actually there were two Saturns that I found in the spy photos, but the second one you have to pay close attention to because it's an extreme close up of an L-series wagon. From the description that someone posted while watching them film this car chase scene in Oakland, CA they almost hit the Saturn wagon. Hence, the "near miss" written on the glass. Now they just need to get the VUE in somewhere!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rod's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rod reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2001, 02:20 PM   #7
SpeedPlayer 97sl2
SpeedPlayer 97sl2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
2002 SC2

Cool pics! That CTS looks pretty beat up with the bullet holes up top and the fender dent in the rear.

Anybody know where in Oakland this is being shot, or was? I live 20 miles away from Oakland, and I go through there once a week. Any clues?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SpeedPlayer 97sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SpeedPlayer 97sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-22-2001, 02:28 PM   #8
Rod

It sounds like the pictures were taken back in March of this year in downtown Oakland. Additionally, it sounds like they built a freeway at the Alameda Air Base(?) for a highway chase scene.

Here is the information that was posted as to the filming locations in Oakland:

According to information from the City of Oakland, The Matrix II will be filming scenes in downtown Oakland this week. Here are the streets they have requested closed:

March 25-27: 16th Street between Telegraph and Clay; San Pablo between 17th and Frank Ogawa Plaza

March 26: Telegraph between Broadway and 17th

March 27: Telegraph between 17th and 19th; 17th between San Pablo and Broadway

Additionally, warnings about delays in the Webster Tube to Alameda on March 28 may or may not be related.

If any Matrix fans want to read what I was reading and see the pictures visit http://www.aintitcoolnews.com and in the "Search" box, type, MATRIX.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rod's Reputation
Old 08-22-2001, 06:33 PM   #9
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
qlara (08-22-2001 11:44 a.m.):
The CTS looks cool outside, but the inside I can't bear the 'Angular' character lines and cheap dash. Oh geez!
If you haven't seen the interior pics of the CTS in the current issue of Automobile Magazine, I urge you to do so. Although the interior is no different than in the pic posted on this board in another thread, it looks totally different.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-23-2001, 12:47 AM   #10
SpeedPlayer 97sl2
SpeedPlayer 97sl2 is on a distinguished road

1997 SL2
2002 SC2

Thanks for the filming locations, Rod! I'm not very familiar with the Oakland area, but I have a general idea of where those scenes were shot.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SpeedPlayer 97sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SpeedPlayer 97sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread