SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2017, 01:16 PM   #1
SIRPAULGERMAN
SIRPAULGERMAN is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
2001 SL1
Default Help looking for another car OT ( Dodge )

Well I need a car, for my wife, and never had a Dodge, I know that dodge does not get too much love here, is that a decent car ? this is the 4 cylinder version, I may able to get it for $3700. Any opinions

http://www.ksl.com/auto/search/index?p=&mileageFrom=2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SIRPAULGERMAN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SIRPAULGERMAN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SIRPAULGERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #2
gen3thirdowner
gen3thirdowner is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2
Default Re: Help looking for another car OT ( Dodge )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRPAULGERMAN View Post
Well I need a car, for my wife, and never had a Dodge, I know that dodge does not get too much love here, is that a decent car ? this is the 4 cylinder version, I may able to get it for $3700. Any opinions

Many mechanic friends suggest dodge or Chrysler.....

That being said my friend had problems with his dart to the point where he got rid of it but he didn't take care of it he just changed the oil

Personally I prefer ford or gm for the price usually its lower for let's say a good Ford Focus vs a Dodge Dart

The problem is this is a Saturn forum so I'd say get an s series instead...these cars can be bought with minimal problems for between 200 and 500 bucks in my area and have outlived many other vehicles except for the crashed ones in the junkyard. Sc1 with sohc for gas savings and minimal space get the sw2 with the dohc for power and room for the family

Find a car that's fixes your budget and has been properly serviced and have a mechanic inspect it and if I were you test drive it to the auto parts store to see if the computer will throw any codes

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gen3thirdowner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gen3thirdowner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gen3thirdowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
dummo
Master Member
dummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of lightdummo is a glorious beacon of light

1997 SW2

My daugter has had two used Chrysler Sebrings 2007 and 2010. She totaled the 2007 five years ago and liked the car so much that she replaced it with a used one of the same color. I have been changing the oil on these cars since they arrived home and on the 4 cylinder engine it's easy. She wears the brakes and tires down but nothing more than ordinary. Her 2nd Sebring took an almost totaling hit a year ago and after about $5,000 plus of body repair the car looks and drives new as it approaches the 100k mile milestone. She puts a lot of traffic jam type commuting miles on the car and it has impressed me as the guy changing its oil every 3-4K with Walmart Super Tech full synthetic.
The Sebring was renamed to be the 200 a few years ago.
I would guess that the Sebring's cousin is the Dodge Avenger

1997 SW2 used 12/29/2011 with 124,200 -27 mpg
2004 Ion3 new 11/2003 (totaled) 11/2011 -23 mpg
1994 SL1 new traded
1992 SL2 new traded for above
* 1986 Yamaha ce50 Jog -100 mpg

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:11 PM   #4
magician22773
magician22773 will become famous soon enough

1997 SL
2001 SL1

Computer is acting stupid, so I cant click the link.

Only MAJOR issue I know of was with the 2.7L engines having very serious oil control issues. The motors were known for filling with sludge so bad, even with proper maintenance, that they would seize up with almost no warning.

I believe these engines were in earlier Sebring and Stratus models, around '02-04 time. Im just guessing based on the asking price the car you are looking at is probably newer than that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to magician22773's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help magician22773 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
magician22773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:54 PM   #5
SIRPAULGERMAN
SIRPAULGERMAN is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2
2001 SL1

Is funny I am not going to be able to buy the car, because the owner is a former prisoner, and I am law enforcement, anyway what do you guys think about this deal ? really close to a Saturn
Sentra 2006 with only 21000 miles, $6500

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3434887?ad_cid=5

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SIRPAULGERMAN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SIRPAULGERMAN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SIRPAULGERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:22 AM   #6
underthehood
Master Member
underthehood is a jewel in the roughunderthehood is a jewel in the roughunderthehood is a jewel in the roughunderthehood is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2
2004 VUE 2.2L

Your original link did not link to an individual car. So I don't know what kind of Dodge you were looking at. Know this though. If it was an avenger (or one of the Chrysler cloud cars Stratus, Cirrus etc.) these are THE WORST products ever made by Chrysler.
On to your second choice. Nissan builds a great vehicle though I think in this time period this car has a what Nissan calls "Pure Drive" which is a CVT trans. When I was working at the rental agency we had tons of them. I don't recall that they ever "broke" (saying a lot for a rental car) but that trans took lots of getting used to.
I would check out one of the Nissan forums though to get a better idea.
I know my (Nissan made) Infiniti QX4 is outstanding but it's a totally different animal

2006 Toyota Highlander (rare 4 cyl AWD)
2001 Toyota Highlander V6 AWD creampuff
Daughter got her own! 2005 Lexus ES330 Dream Ride

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to underthehood's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help underthehood reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
underthehood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:30 PM   #7
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2

I had a 93 Sentra. Loved that car, but had it's share of repairs. Not fond of newer Sentras. Seems like quality has gone down if these reviews are correct. Parts will be much more expensive than than for a Saturn.

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/repor...ers-review.php

Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tiger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #8
Razzle Dazzle
Advanced Member
Razzle Dazzle is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

I would stay away from Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, or RAM vehicles. They are in fact, terrible cars. They have weird and annoying mechanical and electric issues, and they are some of the rustiest rust buckets that ever rusted, besides Buicks.

'12 Chevrolet Cruze, 1.4T M/T 101k
Miss my White 95 SC2, said goodbye at 213k, 7 years of ownership.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Razzle Dazzle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Razzle Dazzle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Razzle Dazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:05 AM   #9
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really nice

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen3thirdowner View Post
Many mechanic friends suggest dodge or Chrysler.....

That being said my friend had problems with his dart to the point where he got rid of it but he didn't take care of it he just changed the oil

Personally I prefer ford or gm for the price usually its lower for let's say a good Ford Focus vs a Dodge Dart

The problem is this is a Saturn forum so I'd say get an s series instead...these cars can be bought with minimal problems for between 200 and 500 bucks in my area and have outlived many other vehicles except for the crashed ones in the junkyard. Sc1 with sohc for gas savings and minimal space get the sw2 with the dohc for power and room for the family

Find a car that's fixes your budget and has been properly serviced and have a mechanic inspect it and if I were you test drive it to the auto parts store to see if the computer will throw any codes
Mechanics will recommend Dodge products, because that is the brand that keeps most mechanics employed and profitable.........

"What does a Saturn owner do, at the gas station?"

"He checks the gas, and fills the oil....."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:12 AM   #10
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really nice

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRPAULGERMAN View Post

There is a reason that Chrysler has been bailed out by government loans, more than any other automaker. If I have to explain why that is, then you deserve all the headaches you are going to get, by purchasing one......

This is a Saturn enthusiast forum.

So, clearly, I recommend getting a quality S-Series, which was ranked in 1992 by J.D. Power & Associates as #3 best in overall Customer Satisfaction surveys, and having only been beaten out by Lexus and Infinity.

95% parts content of an S-Series is from USA. Parts content of your Dodge? Well, let's just say they are about to get a 20% tariff and a big, gigantic concrete wall around their northern border, that attaches to the states of California, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona........

In 2015, Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, Ford, and Lincoln were the lowest ranked brand, by Consumer Reports, for reliability.

Here is a link, to that report.

Let the buyer beware......

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/c...ota-1.10387053

There is only one way, I will ever own another Dodge product: And that is when Dodge is the ONLY available vehicle for purchase by a private consumer in addition to every single other brand being hauled off to the crushers.......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-03-2017, 12:14 AM   #11
Saturn Night
Master Member

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by underthehood View Post
Your original link did not link to an individual car. So I don't know what kind of Dodge you were looking at. Know this though. If it was an avenger (or one of the Chrysler cloud cars Stratus, Cirrus etc.) these are THE WORST products ever made by Chrysler.
On to your second choice. Nissan builds a great vehicle though I think in this time period this car has a what Nissan calls "Pure Drive" which is a CVT trans. When I was working at the rental agency we had tons of them. I don't recall that they ever "broke" (saying a lot for a rental car) but that trans took lots of getting used to.
I would check out one of the Nissan forums though to get a better idea.
I know my (Nissan made) Infiniti QX4 is outstanding but it's a totally different animal
I hear the motto, for Dodge owners, goes something like this:

"I live my life, one transmission at a time......"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-03-2017, 12:15 AM   #12
Saturn Night
Master Member

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle Dazzle View Post
I would stay away from Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, or RAM vehicles. They are in fact, terrible cars. They have weird and annoying mechanical and electric issues, and they are some of the rustiest rust buckets that ever rusted, besides Buicks.
I heard Dodge will be coming out with a magnetic bumper, on the newer cars. It apparently will help catch all the parts falling off, so other drivers don't have to "Dodge" them on the freeways......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-03-2017, 12:25 AM   #13
Saturn Night
Master Member

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummo View Post
My daugter has had two used Chrysler Sebrings 2007 and 2010. She totaled the 2007 five years ago and liked the car so much that she replaced it with a used one of the same color. I have been changing the oil on these cars since they arrived home and on the 4 cylinder engine it's easy. She wears the brakes and tires down but nothing more than ordinary. Her 2nd Sebring took an almost totaling hit a year ago and after about $5,000 plus of body repair the car looks and drives new as it approaches the 100k mile milestone. She puts a lot of traffic jam type commuting miles on the car and it has impressed me as the guy changing its oil every 3-4K with Walmart Super Tech full synthetic.
The Sebring was renamed to be the 200 a few years ago.
I would guess that the Sebring's cousin is the Dodge Avenger
The Sebring 2-door, which was discontinued in 2006, is mechanically similar to the Dodge Avenger. What is unique, to this model, was the Mitsubishi drivetrain and suspension systems.

Sebring convertibles were completely produced in Mexico, and featured that boat anchor 2.7L engine, that made us salvage yard operators literal millions of dollars, thanks to the oil sludging and water pump failures. Sebring 2-doors were made in the US, but with Japenese parts and weren't a very big seller.

The 4-door models were also assembled in the US, and featured the boat anchor sludge machine.

As such, at least there are plenty of used parts in junkyards, for these cars, just not any good used parts you ever need, like say the engines......

The Intrepid, Sebring, 300M, and Concorde models were a first, for Chrysler. They were the first models that would have engine failures BEFORE the transmissions would go out........lololol

Yes, I absolutely can NOT stand Dodge, and having had to tear them apart, their engineers need to be beaten, tarred and feathered in a public place, repeatedly.

Repair Instructions for Dodge products:
1. Disconnect Negative Battery Cable(Removal of Driver-side wheel and front bumper is required for this step)
2. Remove engine.
3. Grab torque wrench or sledgehammer
4. Beat engine repeatedly with said tool, to release anger of owning a Dodge product
5. Throw said tool across shop floor, while cussing loudly and repeatedly.
6. Tow vehicle remains to local auto crusher yard, to recover more money than what said car is actually worth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #14
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nice

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

Not that anyone asked,...but,...I'm not buyin' it. Lots of people drive Chryslers around here and I never hear complaints or see 'em on the side of the road.

However,... if I had my way, anyone bringing up another brand here at Saturnfans would be humiated almost beyond recovery with circumstantial evidence of how horrid that vehicle was

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 14 stalls to date (and loving it).
Oil use is 1 ounce per 100 miles with ~230,000 miles on the engine

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:31 PM   #15
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

+1 to what underthehood said.

It's like someone asking if Saturns are any good. After everyone sings their praises, turns out they want to buy a Vue with the CVT

My '99 Chrysler minivan had 200k trouble-free miles, junked because of rust and critters chewing up wiring harness; did not have time to work on it.

My '02 Chrysler minivan has around 240k miles. Had to replace solenoid pack for a trans leak, some AC part, and just last week, rear brakes locked, but otherwise trouble free.

My '09 has 135k on it. So far, so good

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 141k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:05 PM   #16
underthehood
Master Member
underthehood is a jewel in the roughunderthehood is a jewel in the roughunderthehood is a jewel in the roughunderthehood is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2
2004 VUE 2.2L

To the worst cars ever from Chrysler I would also add the Avenger, Sebring basically anything built on that intermediate "cloud car" chassis. Also anything with the Mitsu****ti engine. They would drop their valve guides into the head sending clouds and clouds of smoke. Heh, ya think Saturns use oil? Ha! Nothing like this. It was like how many qts per mile rather than how many miles per qt. LOL
Overall Chrysler has some darn good stuff. My Chrysler mini-vans were bullet proof. And YES they had the A604 transmissions. Only had one issue and it was self inflicted. Was going to do a weekend trip with my 99 Town & Country LTD. Decided to go ahead and do trans service on it. Thinking like a dummy I had a filter in stock. Nope! Now (looking back) the logical thing to do (since I had dropped the pan) was to leave the filter alone. But NOOOOOOO not me! I went to Advanced and purchased an aftermarket POS made in China. Well the media and the O Ring disintegrated during the drive the pump sucked air and the trans grenaded in Dubuque IA. Yet, I still managed to nurse it all the way home. I put a Jasper Reman in it.
The biggest issue they discovered with the A604 was the fluid. It was discovered that Dexron ate the adhesive that held the clutch material on the disc. As long as you used Type III or IV 7176 fluid (and oem filters) all was right with the trans gods

2006 Toyota Highlander (rare 4 cyl AWD)
2001 Toyota Highlander V6 AWD creampuff
Daughter got her own! 2005 Lexus ES330 Dream Ride

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to underthehood's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help underthehood reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
underthehood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:06 PM   #17
Jonasan308
Advanced Member
Jonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of light

1999 SC1

SaturnNight hates dodges like the cars up and shot his dogs. I got a kick out of the posts berating them!

I had a friend that had a neon. She traded it for a cobalt. Before trading it, it blew brake lines, got a pretty nasty power steering leak that required being filled with the fluid constantly and it typically puked it all out and turned into being difficult to steer. Engine mounts went too and it took a year of turning over to start up. It was a real pile of crap. But im thinking, with only over 100k on the clock, that it was coming and it all came at once.

My older sister had one. This was while i was still quite young or probably not even born yet. She wrecked it in an accident where the offending minivan that pulled out in front of her got flipped over from the sheer force of the wreck.

My dad has had a bunch of cars, which also includes dodge. His last was a grand caravan sxt that was killed in a rear end wreck on the highway where a woman collided with it in motion (probably on her damn phone)

My mom has never had one and is of the opinion that they arent worth crap (thinks that about ford too)

I personally havent been very interested in their offerings. Although i have driven:
06' charger SXT
15' charger SXT V6
15' charger R/T V8 (whew. That was fun.)
I like the charger and challenger, but they seem to be the heaviest of the 3 significant pony cars and that 707 hp hellcat weighs over 4,500 lbs. Not to mention all that weight does nothing good for FE and too pricey, and insurance would be eating me alive ("you want to insure a 707 hp car at 19? Ha......HAHAHAHAHAHA")

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jonasan308's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jonasan308 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jonasan308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:36 AM   #18
Saturn Night
Master Member

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonasan308 View Post
SaturnNight hates dodges like the cars up and shot his dogs. I got a kick out of the posts berating them!

I had a friend that had a neon. She traded it for a cobalt. Before trading it, it blew brake lines, got a pretty nasty power steering leak that required being filled with the fluid constantly and it typically puked it all out and turned into being difficult to steer. Engine mounts went too and it took a year of turning over to start up. It was a real pile of crap. But im thinking, with only over 100k on the clock, that it was coming and it all came at once.

My older sister had one. This was while i was still quite young or probably not even born yet. She wrecked it in an accident where the offending minivan that pulled out in front of her got flipped over from the sheer force of the wreck.

My dad has had a bunch of cars, which also includes dodge. His last was a grand caravan sxt that was killed in a rear end wreck on the highway where a woman collided with it in motion (probably on her damn phone)

My mom has never had one and is of the opinion that they arent worth crap (thinks that about ford too)

I personally havent been very interested in their offerings. Although i have driven:
06' charger SXT
15' charger SXT V6
15' charger R/T V8 (whew. That was fun.)
I like the charger and challenger, but they seem to be the heaviest of the 3 significant pony cars and that 707 hp hellcat weighs over 4,500 lbs. Not to mention all that weight does nothing good for FE and too pricey, and insurance would be eating me alive ("you want to insure a 707 hp car at 19? Ha......HAHAHAHAHAHA")
My family owns 422 Auto Wrecking, in Warren, OH. I used to work for them. Chrysler automatic transmissions, Chrysler 2.7L DOHC V-6s, Neon 2.0L engines and radiators, 2.2L/2.5L K-car engines(especially the Turbocharged boat anchors of this engine family), and especially Dodge RAM/Durango/Dakota rear axles and bumpers were our bread and butter. My family are a bunch of literal millionaires, from the junk that Chrysler puts off their production lines.

My grandmother, even in her late 70s now, told me she traded her Honda Odyssey, for a Chrysler Town & Country(Grandpa used to work for Chrysler, so he gets a huge discount on their vehicles, and yes even over 90 years old he still works 6 days a week at the yard), and she said she regrets it. Ironically, my grandpa drives a rebuilt salvage HHR, from GM.......lolol

What does that tell you, when he used to build Chryslers, before I was even born in 1980????

And ANY engineer, that thinks putting the damn battery under the f#$!?&% front bumper of a car would be a "good" idea, needs to have their head removed from their posterior........

I "dodge" the Dodges at dealerships, for a very good reason. I used to tear them apart for a living. Ever since then, I will never own another one. Of you design it, so I can't maintain and repair it, I don't want it.

I tried to help a personal friend, with his radiator flush on his 2013 Dodge Avenger. It has the 2.4L, that is well-known for having bad main bearings and a recall on that engine, might I add. His 3-year old, "extended life Death-Kill orange coolant" was already starting to sludge up, inside the radiator and overflow cap.

Chrysler, in all their brain-busting, million-dollar-a-year, college-educated engineering prowess, decided it would be a "good" idea to WELD(not bolt) a cross member between the front left and front right unit body rails, CONVENIENTLY covering the damn drain plug for the radiator!!!!!

Luckily, I was able to improvise, so we didn't have to remove his entire front clip for getting to that plug, and disconnected the lower radiator hose. We used Prestone cooling system cleaner. We weren't able to fully flush all the old Dex-Kill coolant out, so we had to refill it with Dex-Kill, which means his head gasket will blow out within the next 50,000 miles or so.

He was warned of this, when we completed the flush.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-11-2017, 10:39 AM   #19
gveinot
gveinot is just really nicegveinot is just really nicegveinot is just really nicegveinot is just really nice

2000 SL2
2000 SL2

The Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram brand is the #2 selling manufacture in Canada. Its been like that for a few years. The Dodge Caravan has outsold any competitor. It holds a unique record, a few times in sales history it outsold all the other minivans combined. All new cars are made well today. One issue is Chrysler sells many vehicles to rental companies and those cars are pounded around and abused and then sold and sit on used car lots. The next buyer ends up getting a piece of junk with abused brakes, suspension, and scratched up interiors. Don't complain your "used" car is a piece of junk, you never know what happened to it prior. Never buy an "old lady" driven car. Can old ladies remember to change their oil or check it regularly, actually see the dip stick, or even get the right dip stick, Old ladies can pour windshield washer into the coolant by mistake. Never buy a used truck with a trailer hitch, here in Nova Scotia guys haul boats, dip the rear of their trucks in the Atlantic Ocean while unloading. Seen many three year old trucks with rusted bottoms because of that. My neighbour hauls a large $18,000 ATV on a good sized trailer with a little Chevy Cruze. The next sucker who gets that Cruze is in for an awakening. Then you got folks who lease, don't give a rats ass about any maintenance. My former boss had a beautify Lumina years ago. Had the car for three years and never lubed the hinges once, you could barely open one of the doors. He just laughed, "it will become someone else's issue"
I have owned a Dodge Aspen, Ford Ranger, Pontiac Firebird, Ford Escort, Ford Mustang, Saturn SL2, and now a Jeep Cherokee, they were all great cars because I took care of them. And of all them, we still have the Firebird, the Escort, and the Saturn. The Cherokee is new.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gveinot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gveinot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gveinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #20
buffalo14052
buffalo14052 will become famous soon enough

1999 SL
2001 SL2

I manage a shop that works on 30 cars a day and for my sake I hope you buy a Chrysler product. We will become very good friends. In all honesty stay away from Chrysler, as many other posters said. They truly are junk. For a fuel efficient, reliable car go with a civic. Now you saturn fans, i do not own and never have owned a civic. It's the absolute perfect car for someone who has no interest in working on, thinking about, talking about or driving a car. It will always be there ready to go (as long as you change your timing belt). I have 2 Saturns in my driveway (and sadly a 2007 Ram, 2006 Equinox, and my beloved 1967 Chrysler Newport chop top). Those cars have personality and have never EVER failed to get me home. When I blew the engine on my 99SL and lost cyl 3 I drove 13 miles home. When i ran over a ladder on the I-90 at 70mph all it did was bend my license plate. Sure these cars have their quirks but they're not difficult to fix and they really help you learn how to fix something fairly complicated. There are still people talking about them 15 years after they stopped building them. Sure I miss Olds, Pontiac (RIP Sunbird), Eagle, AMC, but I really miss Saturn. Spring Hill Saturn not the dilluted version GM churned out. Just my 2 cents.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to buffalo14052's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help buffalo14052 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
buffalo14052 is offline   Reply With Quote