SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
proveniebam
Advanced Member
proveniebam is a jewel in the roughproveniebam is a jewel in the roughproveniebam is a jewel in the rough

1998 SC2
Default Server is Busy

Anyone else getting the "Server is busy" errors? Been like that since the database fix.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to proveniebam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help proveniebam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
proveniebam is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2
Default Re: Server is Busy

Getting it a lot. This is the first time I've been on here in a couple of days

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
BV22
Master Member
BV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of light

2002 SC1

No problems last week but could not get on today until just now.

BV22
2002 SC1 5M
RIP Sept 1 2018
315,344 miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BV22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BV22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BV22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
blue92
blue92 will become famous soon enoughblue92 will become famous soon enough

1992 SL1
1998 SC2

I think the server needs a new ECTS, and check the oil level.

92 SL1 original owner
94 SL2 Homecoming
98 SC2 White Hot
02 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blue92's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blue92 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blue92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
proveniebam
Advanced Member
proveniebam is a jewel in the roughproveniebam is a jewel in the roughproveniebam is a jewel in the rough

1998 SC2

Come on Blue92

One more post and you'll make it a 1000!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to proveniebam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help proveniebam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
proveniebam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
blue92
blue92 will become famous soon enoughblue92 will become famous soon enough

1992 SL1
1998 SC2

Ok

92 SL1 original owner
94 SL2 Homecoming
98 SC2 White Hot
02 SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blue92's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blue92 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blue92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
DIYguy
Master Member
DIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2
Roll Eyes Re: Server is Busy

Yes, it has been happening an awful lot lately, and the server is "down for maintenance" about every other time I have tried to get on it in the past couple of weeks.

DIYguy

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

97SC2 Saturn (gone but never forgotten), Gen6 Camaro, Cruze Eco, Chevy SS P/U, Honda VT1100C, Honda CBX

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DIYguy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DIYguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DIYguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
emsvitil
Advanced Member
emsvitil has a spectacular aura aboutemsvitil has a spectacular aura aboutemsvitil has a spectacular aura about

2005 VUE 2.2L

I've even got server is busy at 3am

Can't imagine what it's doing at 3am

Ed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to emsvitil's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help emsvitil reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
emsvitil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #9
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

All fixed.............again......................for now.......................... Charlie has been busy with these outages. Call it late spring cleaning. Maybe posers from the other side of the Atlantic/Pacific are tunneling in, attempting to mine Saturnfans for its wealth of information.....................you never know. The Chinese have some of our stealth designs, Israeli's supposedly undermined the software in Iraq's nuclear production programs, Eastern Europeans have just been arrested in the largest credit card mining operation and .....................

Excuse me as I have to run an errand to my local hatter - need my hat to be refitted with new aluminum foil. Thank goodness my car doesn't have OnStar (for law enforcement/OnStar to order EFI disablement remotely). I already have the equivalent; my crank sensor decided to die on me last year..............

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
DIYguy
Master Member
DIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the roughDIYguy is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2
Dazed Re: Server is Busy

Now now, aluminum foil doesn't work. There are no such things as space aliens trying to put signals into your head.

You need to use Titanium foil. That's the ticket.
It stops the international corn conspiracy moles from enticing you into investing in overpriced ethanol futures through the cell phone signals they aim at your hypothalmus...... Everybody knows that......

DIYguy

97SC2 Saturn (gone but never forgotten), Gen6 Camaro, Cruze Eco, Chevy SS P/U, Honda VT1100C, Honda CBX

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help DIYguy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #11
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

OK I'll bite. Can you recommend a hatter specializing in titanium foil? We're woefully not very sophisticated here in the BIG APPLE. It may be due to too many Concorde flights over NYC, deleting our ozone layer. Perhaps the Left coast didn't suffer Concorde-itis when they were the only express flights for the moneyed.

Corn subsidies? Nooooooo, say it ain't so. Turn food into fuel? What did I miss? My hearing is gone so its more difficult to read nowadays....................

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #12
Inky
Inky is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1

When I try to get onto the forums and the server is busy my heart hurts and I don't know what to do next.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Inky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Inky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
DIYguy
Master Member

1997 SC2
Happy Re: Server is Busy

Titanium foil's actually not very expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Titanium-99-6-.../dp/B0052ENGLY

Any good aluminum hat liner maker should be able to adapt to titanium. Just use sharper shears. If it prevents one poor soul from losing their Starbuck's money in the hyper inflated corn futures market, it is worth it.

Out here on the Left Coast we didn't really see Concorde traffic, but we have Chinese smog blowing in from the west and freighters dumping their ballast tanks in the bay. Plus we have the pirates of Silicon Valley to contend with.

Quote:
When I try to get onto the forums and the server is busy my heart hurts and I don't know what to do next.
I feel your pain.

DIYguy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #14
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Be patient. This slight interruption is just another way to say not all things in life is free without some issues. Hopefully, Saturnfans will be around for a long time with few web site issues. They come and go so waiting a little pays off. The wait is worth it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #15
LabRat
Advanced Member
LabRat is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYguy View Post
Out here on the Left Coast we didn't really see Concorde traffic, but we have Chinese smog blowing in from the west and freighters dumping their ballast tanks in the bay. Plus we have the pirates of Silicon Valley to contend with.

I feel your pain.
not to mention Radioactive flotsam from the Japanese tsunami...

-LR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LabRat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LabRat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #16
DIYguy
Master Member

1997 SC2
Happy Re: Server is Busy

Quote:
not to mention Radioactive flotsam from the Japanese tsunami...
Yes, there is that as well, although most of it is coming ashore farther north from us.

DIYguy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Does that mean salmon will be easier to catch when they glow?

Well I'll be damned !? Titanium for sale? Gotta' go make a run to my hatter with this roll. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I suppose its too late for Easter, maybe New Yawkers won't stare as I go window shopping down Fifth Avenue...............

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #18
LabRat
Advanced Member
LabRat is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdryer View Post
Does that mean salmon will be easier to catch when they glow?
the two-headed ones in particular since they're either twice as hungry or can't decide which way to swim to get away, I forget which...that's the aluminum pot cooking affect on my memory...
-LR

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LabRat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LabRat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #19
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud ofCharlie has much to be proud of

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Wrench Re: Server is Busy

My apologies for all of the server issues lately. When I was repairing the database last week I uncovered a number of other problems that were causing the site to occasionally act slow. Every night I've been tinkering with the site, running scripts in the background in an attempt to optimize the database. Some of these scripts take up a lot of resources (which cause the server busy messages) and take a few hours to run. In a few cases, the scripts have hung and I've had to manually restart them. These problems are all stemming from a series of spam attacks that happens several months ago. The former "blog" section of the forums was hit particularly hard... causing table sizes in the database to become much larger than I had initially thought. These are all being fixed now, which will allow the server to operate much more smoothly and efficiently. I expect to be done working on the site in a couple of days. Hopefully, the rest of my work will be transparent and you won't see many more of the server messages.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I am working hard to get the site back in tip-top shape!! I think we're almost there!

Thanks for your support,
Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #20
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I wonder....................if every member takes the time to check Charlie's REP box.................

REWARD EXCELLENCE!