SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
StormGrey05
StormGrey05 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Question ABS Sensor

I have a 2005 Saturn Vue 3.5L V6. The ABS and Traction Control Light recently came on after I replaced front brakes and rotors. I had it diagnosed and was told the left rear ABS sensor is bad and was quoted $229 to fix. The part appears to be around $50-80. How hard is this to replace myself, and are there any pitfalls to be aware of.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to StormGrey05's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help StormGrey05 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
StormGrey05 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

1995 SW2
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: ABS Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormGrey05 View Post
The part appears to be around $50-80. How hard is this to replace myself, and are there any pitfalls to be aware of.
RockAuto has sensors from $29-67. They are held into the Hub Ass'y with one socket head screw. The connector just plugs in. Very easy DIY.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
StormGrey05

2005 VUE 3.5L

Thank you for the information. It appears to be pretty straightforward. I'm due for some rear brakes anyway, so I'll just tackle all of this at once.

As an FYI, I asked the guy at the shop about installing the sensor and he said the one thing he comes across occasionally is that the sensor is easy to brake off if in the mounting hole if it is gummed up in there and you're not careful pulling it out. He suggested carefully twisting back and forth and slowly working it out to avoid snapping the sensor off in the hole.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help StormGrey05 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #4
Chazberry
Master Member
Chazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to beholdChazberry is a splendid one to behold

1995 SW2
2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormGrey05 View Post
He suggested carefully twisting back and forth and slowly working it out to avoid snapping the sensor off in the hole.
Couldn't hurt, but I've never had a problem pulling one out.

PS - the Front and Rear Sensors have different gender connectors. I see ACDelco sells a kit - probably with both male and female connectors.

Last edited by Chazberry; 04-26-2012 at 05:02 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Chazberry's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Chazberry reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Chazberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
StormGrey05

2005 VUE 3.5L

Thanks again for the info. I'll make sure to check the connector type.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!