SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
tamccain
tamccain is on a distinguished road

Default Transmission Failure

Just wanted to share the experience in case anyone else has transmission problems. I have a 2008 Outlook with approx. 23k miles.

Over the course of the last couple months I noticed a couple slips in my transmission. The Service Engine light never came on. I contacted OnStar and they said there were no notifications. So, I just continued to drive the car.

Yesterday morning I got into the car, put it in reverse and the transmission slammed really hard - jarring the whole car. I completely loss reverse. Put it in Drive and I had 1st gear. Still no Service Engine Soon light. I called OnStar they checked it out - still no notifications. I informed them I was taking it to the nearest Saturn dealership. The Onstar Representative called the dealership to inform them I was coming.

I proceeded to attempt to drive to the dealership when I realized that the Outlook would not shift out of first. It would attempt but to no avail. This is when the Service Engine Soon light came on. I again called OnStar, they checked the notifications and turned the call over to a technician who informed me that the computer was giving some REALLY BAD notifications of internal parts failure in the transmission. So, I had them call a Tow Truck for me.

My Outlook is now being worked on at the Dealership. They found the broken parts and are repairing the transmission. They are going to do a rebuild. Hopefully I will have my Outlook back sometime next week.

Anyone else having transmission problems with their Outlook???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tamccain's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tamccain reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tamccain is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
MMarlin
MMarlin is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: Transmission Failure

I am dropping my 07 Outlook off at the dealer Friday morning. I have had a few instances where when I step on the gas it hesitates for a while. Almost like it is not getting any gas. It did this Sunday and when it "took hold" I swear I felt a "thud". Could this be the transmission? We have just over 19,000 miles on the Outlook, purchased in December 2007.

I also have had experiences of a warning message showing up. On at least five different occasions a message indicates that our traction control had ceased to operate. Then it says we need to have our "stabalink" serviced. Nothing ever shows up on the "onstar vehicle reports". This has happened on wet roads, dry roads, on the interstate and on city streets. Twice when it happened in our area I drove out to the dealer but they said unless they could "see" what I was talking about it would be hard to track.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MMarlin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MMarlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
MMarlin
MMarlin is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR
2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Re: Transmission Failure

I just heard back from the dealer and well nothing new the "codes" did not show up anything.

Although they did say they called Saturn, sure I told them I had contacted Saturn about this. Anyway, Saturn told the dealership that there have been instances of the "traction control" error messages popping up as well as the "stabalink needs service" error message.

Saturn does NOT have a fix for this and they also said that there are no current "upgrades" out there for my transmission.

So I guess I will just have to keep track of all the "error messages".

I wonder if I keep a camera handy and "photograph" the message if it would make a difference? Probably not but well......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MMarlin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MMarlin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote