SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 11:47 PM   #1
Jon94SoLo2

Default my SL2 has received it's "death certificate" (long)

As a result of an accident (see my other post on the subject). The insurance company has pronounced my SL2 as DOA. My claim has been transferred to the "total loss claims department". I'm just waiting for them to tell me how much they want to pay me for it.

As a result, I'm in need of another vehicle. Unfortunately, it's not going to be a Saturn. My first Saturn, a '92 SC and my '94 SL2 have served me well and I have no major complaints about either car. But my needs have changed and I desire a more performance oriented car. I've been spending the last year or so looking around at different cars, more dreaming than anything. But since Tuesday I had to get serious. I'm glad that I did all that looking over the last year or so, because now I feel like I'm making an informed (albiet unexpected) decision. After weighing all the options and considering all the advantages and disadvantages, I've decided on a Pontiac Firebird Formula with the 6 speed manual tranny. I found a very nice '95 model today with only 40,000 miles on it and no defects either mechanical or cosmetic. CarFax gives it a clean bill of health and I'm having a trusted mechanic check it out tomorrow. I know some of you are thinking its impractical and not nearly as reliable as the Saturn, but I'm tired of being practical and reliable. I'm tired of waiting for Saturn to come out with something truly exciting too. The future might find me in a different place, but for now the Firebird satisfies my needs.

I may come back to Saturn in the future. It all depends upon my needs at the time and if Saturn produces something that'll satisfy them. I have fond memories of my SC and SL2 and they are and will be dearly missed.

I can not describe how much I appreciate this board. Charlie is doing a terrific job managing it and I don't think he gets enough for all the effort he puts into it. I suppose there are other boards that are managed this well, but I haven't seen them. I just hope I can find one like this for Firebirds! I'm sure I will continue to monitor this board; at least as long as it's mutually benificial.

On another, but related note. I will have some Saturn items for sale if anyone is interested:

Definately:
* Snow tires and steel rims
* '92 header and downpipe (sand blasted and painted with black header paint)

Possibly:
* HotShot chrome intake and valve cover breather
* SPS strut tower brace

I say "possibly" because I'm not sure if I'll be able to get them off the car. None of these are damaged. The header and tires are not on the car. They're in my garage. The intake and STB are on the car at the body shop.

I'll post the items in the Classified section when they become available.

So, if I don't post again, it's been a fun ride. Be safe. And be good to each other.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jon94SoLo2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jon94SoLo2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2001, 07:07 AM   #2
BobL
Master Member
BobL is on a distinguished road

Check with your insurance company before you buy the bird. Depending on your age, marital status, and history, you might see a very drastic change in your premiums.

Good luck.

Bob

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-19-2001, 07:32 AM   #3
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Have any pictures of your post-accident Saturn?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-19-2001, 07:39 AM   #4
Jon94SoLo2

BobL:

Oh, I don't doubt they're gonna go up. But as I'm a married 33 yr old with a clean driving record and I've been with my insurance provider for over 10 years, it shouldn't be too dramatic. We'll see.

spencerb:

No pics yet. I'll try to get some this weekend

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jon94SoLo2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jon94SoLo2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Closed Thread