SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2001, 03:55 PM   #1
ammotrooper
ammotrooper is on a distinguished road

Sad 92 SC kaput/finito/totalled :(

i crashed my 92 SC about 2 wks ago.. was wet out, my brakes locked and I took out a small telephone pole looking thing on the side of the road.. well 2 actually. I ripped the first one right out of the ground then that one sent the front end of the car into the air and then well, "impaled" the engine on top of the second pole I had full-coverage and everyting but the frame's bent so it's considered totalled... looking at the outside you wouldn't think a **** thing was wrong with.. the engine still runs perfect tho. Only think wrong really is the radiator and an is FUBAR and the **** frame bent.. completely sux

On a better note tho is I think I may have already found a 94' Saturn SL2.. the only problem is that the guy who's selling it won't be back in town until the middle or end of October... dunno if i can go without a car for that long.. there's 2 other SL2s in the same lot as this one except the one i want is already souped up real nice.. 17" wheels/rims, SPS intake, SPS chambered muffler, lowered, nice stereo system, 5 spd , etc.. figures the **** guy is out of town for a month..
I can prob at least test drive the other 2 SL2 and see what i think or maybe i can hold out for the other one.. i dunno, we'll see

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ammotrooper's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ammotrooper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2001, 05:02 PM   #2
Arnel
Arnel is on a distinguished road

Location: Pittsburgh, PA - Home of the World Champion Steelers & Penguins!

2001 SC2
Default Sorry to hear about your 92...

Being a Saturn Sales Consultant, I would strongly suggest getting the VIN's on the three Saturns and verifying their histories before you make a decision.

Like you said, your 92 "looks" fine, any one of those three may look "fine" too.

Good luck...

93m SL1 "SLone" 145,000 mi. - RIP 10/08
94m SL2 "Ringo" 209,425 - ret. 7/31/07, RIP 10/08
01m SC2 "Lello" 129,000
07a GL VUE "Orbit" 48,900 - RIP 6/19/10
10a Ford Escape Hybrid - 8600 mi.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Arnel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Arnel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-18-2001, 05:28 PM   #3
Yobos4vr
Yobos4vr is on a distinguished road

Sad sorry to hear

sorry to hear about your 92 sc, i have one and love it, on a side note you might wanna take the headers of yours that way you'll have a good set for your new car, one less item to buy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Yobos4vr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Yobos4vr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-18-2001, 06:36 PM   #4
ammotrooper
ammotrooper is on a distinguished road

where or how would i go about checking the VIN number to see it's previous record of accidents etc???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ammotrooper's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ammotrooper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-18-2001, 09:43 PM   #5
Dr. Bob
Master Member
Dr. Bob is on a distinguished road

You can request a report from carfax on the web - I think these set you back $15-20. A dealer will often provide these free upon request.

Also check with a Saturn retailer and have 'em run the VIN for service records - caveat - the Saturn system will only have service done at a retailer.

But, also have a professionally done evaluation/inspection - this will cost you some money, but if you avoid a major problem - it's worth it.

Also be aware that engine/transmission/body all have VINs and if they don't match someone has some explaining to do.

One other point - salvage cars that have been in an accident, vs. a flood, if properly repaired and represented honestly to the seller, can be a reasonable buy - but you need to be especially careful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dr. Bob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dr. Bob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-19-2001, 07:36 AM   #6
Heartbeat - '95 SL2
Heartbeat - '95 SL2 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2

Also run the VIN by the Saturn CAC 800 number. They can tell you if the car's model, color, etc. I ran across an apparently good deal which must've been a salvage job. Model and color were not matched to the VIN.

One thing to consider, if the car you're waiting for is souped up nicely, chances are it was driven hard. And if it was driven hard by a young driver, it also may not have been maintained well, since some youngsters don't have the funds. Better to get a car with a clean history, and soup it up yourself.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Heartbeat - '95 SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Heartbeat - '95 SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread