SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2019, 06:07 PM   #1
Moe Dee
Moe Dee is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2
Default new to the saturn game

so i picked up a pretty decent 98 saturn sc2 , only issue i seem to have is 1. the seats are uncomfortable and 2. no center console . now i only piked this up as a beater , im a camry guy , but the deal was right , can somebody please help those seats have to go , and where can i get a center console at . thanx in advance

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Moe Dee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Moe Dee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Moe Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #2
jpags729
jpags729 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
Default Re: new to the saturn game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Dee View Post
so i picked up a pretty decent 98 saturn sc2 , only issue i seem to have is 1. the seats are uncomfortable and 2. no center console . now i only piked this up as a beater , im a camry guy , but the deal was right , can somebody please help those seats have to go , and where can i get a center console at . thanx in advance
Try a pick n pull. I see you're in NJ and I'm in south jersey and can recommend a few. Also try richpin06a on Youtube, he does a lot with Saturn videos and has done one on the seat removal.

Current:
1999 Saturn SL2 1.9 "Sophia Loren 2"
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2.4
1993 Chevy Camaro Z28 5.7

Previous:
2007 Chevy Malibu LS 2.2
2003 Nissan Altima SE 3.5

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jpags729's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jpags729 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jpags729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:14 PM   #3
Moe Dee

1998 SC2

im in south jersey too , but our souths might be different lol , and yeah they are the most uncomfortable seats ive driven in , you say try a pick n pull ? i dont want these seats , are there any other seats that would bolt up ? hell i cant get them welded to fit if need be and , thanx for the info

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Moe Dee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-17-2019, 07:36 PM   #4
jpags729
jpags729 is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Quote:
im in south jersey too , but our souths might be different lol , and yeah they are the most uncomfortable seats ive driven in , you say try a pick n pull ? i dont want these seats , are there any other seats that would bolt up ? hell i cant get them welded to fit if need be and , thanx for the info
I believe any 91-02 saturn s series seats will bolt on to the SC2....I'm in Camden county but you may be further south haha. I put in leather seats from a 99 SW2 in my SL2 but again I'm pretty sure the bolt pattern remains the same between all model types. Maybe one of the older Saturn gurus can get you more info. You can also try the google search function on this site to find more specifics. From other car brands there may be a chance that the bolt pattern is similar but it would have to be on a smaller car like a civic, corolla, Sentra, etc...

Current:
1999 Saturn SL2 1.9 "Sophia Loren 2"
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2.4
1993 Chevy Camaro Z28 5.7

Previous:
2007 Chevy Malibu LS 2.2
2003 Nissan Altima SE 3.5

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jpags729's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jpags729 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jpags729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:49 PM   #5
Moe Dee

1998 SC2

nah i been to donkeys in camden , im i salem county exit 1 on NJTP bruh but yeah like i said im a camry guy its 2000 camry only 130k on it , i had coilovers sitting on 18 diablos but sold the coilovers and the rims just collecting dust lol , picked this up cause i dont want to put miles on my camry , this 98 only has 103k on it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-17-2019, 07:51 PM   #6
Moe Dee

1998 SC2

thanx again ill look for corolla seats .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-18-2019, 01:49 PM   #7
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Take a read of the sticky thread - keep a real close eye on the oil level at first (check at every gas fill up) and refill before it gets down below a couple of diamonds. I add about 6~9 oz a week.

You can try adding foam to the seats or putting something between seat bottom and wire springs if the bottom is saggy

Seat bottom disassembly
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189915

Seat bottom refurb
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184156

Any S-Series front seats will fit. Or if the foam on the driver seat is worn, you can swap over the foam pieces from a passenger side
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=77

No other seats are a direct swap that we've found, bot other seats can be made to fit with minor fabbing:

SRT-4 seats -xxcrashxx
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173700

integra seats - kaptnjack
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...=127183&page=3
http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/a...ty%20interior/

Ingtegra, Prelude, or Celica GTS - piney
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13441
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15373

DIYguy seat extend, for tall people
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187697

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 141k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 02:17 PM   #8
onlinebiker
Advanced Member
onlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of lightonlinebiker is a glorious beacon of light

I have a hard enough time trying to stay awake and you want the seats MORE comfortable?

Zzzzzzzzzzz BLAM!!!!

Maybe not..

:P

92 SC2
93 SC2
96 SC2
97 SL2
97 SC2
99 SC2
01 SC2
02 SC2
02 SL2
parts
2 94 SC2 parted out
2 96 SC2
98 SC2 - rusty frame minus engine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onlinebiker's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onlinebiker reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onlinebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:52 PM   #9
Moe Dee

1998 SC2

thanks ALORDOFCHAOS , and biker ill take your word for it that they are comfortable .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-18-2019, 09:10 PM   #10
Melissa_M
Advanced Member
Melissa_M is a jewel in the roughMelissa_M is a jewel in the roughMelissa_M is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2

I guess it depends on what you're used to; I find the seats perfectly comfortable. As such, I do wonder if yours is just in need of some better foam

1999 SL2 MANUAL ~78K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Melissa_M's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Melissa_M reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Melissa_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #11
Moe Dee

1998 SC2

m used to my camry , Altima , highlander , pathfandinder , rav 4 ,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-21-2019, 04:40 PM   #12
GTS350
GTS350 is a jewel in the roughGTS350 is a jewel in the roughGTS350 is a jewel in the rough

1999 SC2

I don't find Saturn seats very comfortable either.

1999 Saturn SC2 (automatic) 23,000 orig miles (9/10/16)
1996 BMW E36
1971 Holden Monaro GTS 350
1908 Buick Model 10

Its official Saturn Night has removed all doubt.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GTS350's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GTS350 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GTS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:16 AM   #13
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS350 View Post
I don't find Saturn seats very comfortable either.
Yeah, there is a reason I have a collection of "how to make your Saturn seats better/replace" links I wouldn't have those if I was satisfied with the seats in there now. They're OK, especially for an econo-car of the era and for shorter trips of a couple of hours.

the worst offender is the wire "spring" / hold down that runs parallel with the door, that holds the seam down on Sx2 seat covers. It digs into my left cheek and is noticeable after a few minutes. It's on my list to do something about

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 141k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:05 PM   #14
Moe Dee

1998 SC2

trying to find a center console for my saturn ? not just the empty space thing in the middle , any suggestions or should i just custom make one ?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-31-2019, 03:19 PM   #15
Jonasan308
Advanced Member
Jonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of lightJonasan308 is a glorious beacon of light

1999 SC1

The center consoles do exist, youll probably have to find one in a junkyard somewhere. There is also ebay. If you get one, it wont take much to remove it, just some phillips head screws.

As far as seat comfort goes, the SX1 seats put you right in the ground and they honestly dont feel that great. SX2 seats are far better feeling but i feel like the foam ones are too soft. The seat swap option sounds interesting to me though, those asian car seats have to feel so much better.

1999 SL1-129k at purchase(may 2016)-139k when wrecked(September 2016)
1999 SC1-156K at purchase(oct 2016)-215k(Oct 2019)
1996 SL2-116k- (oct 2019)
Dodging potholes should be a sport

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jonasan308's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jonasan308 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jonasan308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:04 AM   #16
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really nice

1995 SC2

Quote:
Good luck finding a center console. They were problematic with the latches and the hinges breaking, and they are now hard to come by.

"What does a Saturn owner do, at the gas station?"

"He checks the gas, and fills the oil....."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote