SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2017, 11:22 PM   #41
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2
Default Re: Selling SL2 for $250 in St Louis. Goodbye Saturn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmile View Post
Sorry to bow out of this but I became ill and knew recovery wasn't in the cards this week at least and I didn't want to keep it tied up.

Highmile
You are very thoughtful and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Truth alone triumphs, not untruth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tiger's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2017, 08:35 PM   #42
Tiger
Master Member
Tiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the roughTiger is a jewel in the rough

1999 SL2

magician22773, I sent you some PM's to clarify when you are going to make the Saturn disappear.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Tiger reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-10-2017, 02:29 AM   #43
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really nice

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Having a cool car is not the most important thing. Having a cool Dad is.

My first car was a 65 MUSTANG with Chrome Rims. It was cool until I had to Fix and Repair Daily.

Just got back after 150 mile trip. Car performed well. All the driving charged the battery. It cranked normally.
Flamed
Over
Road
Debris

Or.....backwards

Driver
Returns
On
Foot

"What does a Saturn owner do, at the gas station?"

"He checks the gas, and fills the oil....."

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturn Night's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturn Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:09 AM   #44
Tiger
Master Member

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Night View Post
Flamed
Over
Road
Debris

Or.....backwards

Driver
Returns
On
Foot
It may have not been the car's fault. I overpaid for a worn out Mustang. Did not have a Father or anyone to guide me. Found out later I bought it from a Druggie. It was a party car. I found papers for rolling your own hidden in the frame when working on it one day.

Karma can be immediate. That guy bought a Chevy ll, Unlike the 6 cylinder Mustang he could smoke the tires. Within a week the transmission fell out of the bottom of the car when he was showing off in town.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-11-2017, 06:54 PM   #45
Saturn Night
Master Member
Saturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really niceSaturn Night is just really nice

1995 SC2

I found a heroin syringe, with a glass pipe and some burnt sticky, black gunk inside of it, under the center console of my SC2, after I sprung it out of the police impound yard.

They got the driver, for having suspended license. Must not have searched the car very well. I wouldn't have found it, but I had to replace the emergency brake cables, because the car had to pass a salvage inspection by the Ohio State Highway Patrol, for me to put plates on it and register it.

So, the toasted VB and leaking silicone valve cover gasket of permatex were put into perspective, as well as the nearly 100% water in the cooling system, and broken trailing arms that he was driving on.

Now, it is a safe, roadworthy oil burner, that gets almost 40mpg and will still smoke the tires.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Saturn Night reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-19-2017, 02:51 PM   #46
Tiger
Master Member

1999 SL2

Well, the Saturn is gone. It went to someone who appreciates Saturns which reminds me how much I appreciate this forum. It has been an education and a labor of love to keep the Saturn going. I am forever grateful for all those that made that possible.

I may not be back since my life is going in another direction. Already, the Elantra has a brake booster recall and I have a rattle around the passenger side front door. Hyundai forums are so so. I love the motor and transmission. It just seems like a more modern version of my Saturn minus polymer.

So, thanks for everything and happy motoring! Long live the remaining Saturns.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-20-2017, 12:51 AM   #47
Saturn Night
Master Member

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Well, the Saturn is gone. It went to someone who appreciates Saturns which reminds me how much I appreciate this forum. It has been an education and a labor of love to keep the Saturn going. I am forever grateful for all those that made that possible.

I may not be back since my life is going in another direction. Already, the Elantra has a brake booster recall and I have a rattle around the passenger side front door. Hyundai forums are so so. I love the motor and transmission. It just seems like a more modern version of my Saturn minus polymer.

So, thanks for everything and happy motoring! Long live the remaining Saturns.
You're gonna have to learn the "hard" way, about buying the rice paddy Korean cars.......

Good Luck. You will certainly need it. If I see some good deals, on another S-Series, I'll drop a link in here or PM ya. We both know you are going to want another one, down the road.(pun intended)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-20-2017, 02:29 AM   #48
Tiger
Master Member

1999 SL2

In 10 years or 100,000 later you can PM me good buddy. I do have a warranty.

I drove the Saturn 13.5 years. I cost me over $20,000 with the price I paid and to have repairs done plus maintenance items to go 200,000 miles. Not a great deal. The new owner will benefit from all I put into the car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-20-2017, 03:15 AM   #49
magician22773
magician22773 will become famous soon enough

1997 SL
2001 SL1

Tiger,

Thought I would let you know, we made it home with no problems at all. Stopped into AutoZone, and the battery had 2 weeks left of the full replacement warranty, so we got a new battery installed at no cost!

Caleb is happy as can be He was already cleaning it out, and sorting through all the spare parts and reading through all your service records.

Thank you again, and hopefully you find time to stop in once in a while and check posts ... I am sure there will be plenty of them detailing the Saturns second life

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to magician22773's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help magician22773 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
magician22773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #50
Tiger
Master Member

1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by magician22773 View Post
Tiger,

Thought I would let you know, we made it home with no problems at all. Stopped into AutoZone, and the battery had 2 weeks left of the full replacement warranty, so we got a new battery installed at no cost!

Caleb is happy as can be He was already cleaning it out, and sorting through all the spare parts and reading through all your service records.

Thank you again, and hopefully you find time to stop in once in a while and check posts ... I am sure there will be plenty of them detailing the Saturns second life
Wow. That is totally awesome with the battery! It seems like it was meant to be.

My Elantra has my initials as the first 3 letters of the VIN. It was custom built car for me!

You made my day!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #51
SLfun
Advanced Member
SLfun will become famous soon enough

1998 SL2
2006 ION Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by magician22773 View Post
Tiger,

Good to see a happy ending to this story!

My 96 SL2 and 98 SL1 have joined together to become one. So I guess I now have a 1996/8
SL1-2.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLfun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLfun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SLfun is offline   Reply With Quote