SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really nice

2000 SW2
1998 SL2
Default Leaky fuel line joint...How to fix

This is a '98 SL2. The joint where the fuel line goes into the fuel rail is leaking. That's a QD joint. I'm really at a loss on how to go about fixing it. Hopefully I can just take it loose, clean it up and reseat it. I'll try that as soon as it cools. If that doesn't do it, I dunno.

There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BarnOwl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BarnOwl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BarnOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Leaky fuel line joint...How to fix

There is a semi captive o-ring in there and it is probably nicked. Some are orange and easy to see and others are just black viton. Buna - N will work as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:41 AM   #3
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really niceBarnOwl is just really nice

2000 SW2
1998 SL2

I wasn't able to get to it till this morning. It's fixed but, what I found bothers me almost as much as the original problem. I went to take the line loose and it was already loose. I just pushed it back on and heard it snap in. The thing is we had made a couple stops and smelled gas before we got home. I wasn't certain it was our car till I looked at it. When I did get a look at it and saw the leak, it was running. So, it actually ran like that.

I ran it for a while and attempted to pull the line loose. It seems to be secure but, I can't imagine how this could have happened. I'm just going to drive it and keep an eye on it for a while. I'd still like to know how it happened.

There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BarnOwl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BarnOwl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BarnOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:54 AM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Those types of connectors can go on crooked and not latch on both sides. As the actual pressure that would force the connector to separate from the nipple they usually hold even when only half latched for a long time. This type of failure has happened before and when it actually leaks they are reseated and stay latched this time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote