SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2014, 11:45 PM   #21
anmasher
anmasher has a spectacular aura aboutanmasher has a spectacular aura aboutanmasher has a spectacular aura about

1995 SC2
1996 SL2
Default Re: Your Dream Saturn?

1995/6 SC2 with a Gen 3 black leather interior. Put a 6-bolt 4g63 under the hood and figure out a way to mate that up to the Saturn MP2 - those Mitsu manual trannies are relatively sucky compared to ours.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to anmasher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help anmasher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
anmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2014, 05:38 AM   #22
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to behold

1993 SW2

My dream Saturn would be the two that I own, returned to brand-new condition.

Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 204,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:59 AM   #23
SL19302
Master Member
SL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to all

2000 SW2
2002 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhawk View Post
^^^ That works to.

2015 Subaru Forester Limited "Prinny"
2000 SW2 Still Running Strong- 160K Traded In
2002 SL1 Still has Its Training Wheels on at 88K Traded In

CHECK YOUR OIL!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL19302's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL19302 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL19302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:05 PM   #24
cam
cam is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan

The same general idea except rust free zones that were not originally polymer and an electric motor. And of course affordable like the Saturns were.
That should last me forever!
Give me a radio, automatic and a/c and I'm good!
I don't need all those bells and whistles they're offering today. Self parking, rear view cameras, warning alarms. Wait until a couple of winters go by with all the salt and crap and see what it does to these options.
Heck, all this technology revolves around a power train that's over 125 years old!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cam's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cam reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:41 PM   #25
caveeagle
caveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of light

2005 VUE 2.2L
2001 SC2

Sorry guys, but if I am dreaming, I must part with the 'S' cars.

I would build a Sky Coupe with a LSx V8 and T56 swap. I know a Solstice would have to be sacrificed to make this happen, but hey... We are just dreaming.

Mark
'05 Vue, '02SL1, '01SC2a, '01SC2b, '99SL1 :::::> '04 SVT Cobra, '67 Mustang Vert.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to caveeagle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help caveeagle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
caveeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:19 AM   #26
choc citysaturn
choc citysaturn is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2

My bare bones basic '94 saturn sl2 made fully loaded to look like a homecoming edition, with parts from second and third gens and an ion for upgraded improvements. Road noise has been eliminated and a kick ass sound system, deebs rebuild with n2o makes this one exciting car. Most weak points on this car have been eliminated.

My number one goal is to make my saturn better now than when I bought it in Dec of 1993. IMPORT FIGHTER

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to choc citysaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help choc citysaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
choc citysaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #27
GeekOnTheHill
GeekOnTheHill is a jewel in the roughGeekOnTheHill is a jewel in the roughGeekOnTheHill is a jewel in the roughGeekOnTheHill is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhawk View Post
I agree. My 01 SC1 is as close as it gets to a "perfect" car, in my opinion. Reliable, outstanding gas mileage, easy and cheap to maintain, and has a nice style... what else is there that matters?

That's also what I tell people who ask why I don't buy a new car. I make a decent living, so I certainly could afford it. Heck, the credit union would have the check in my hand before dinner. But what's the point? There's nothing brand-new out there that even comes close in terms of what I want in a car.

Richard

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GeekOnTheHill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GeekOnTheHill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GeekOnTheHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #28
blackbeard
blackbeard is on a distinguished road

1993 SC1

Dream Saturn?
Either my 93 SC1 fully restored, or a mint condition 91 SC with all options.
I also want to say that I agree with cam on his opinion on parking cameras and crap like that.
If you are dumb or lazy enough that you think you need all of that, then you dont deserve to be on the road!
Look at the S Series! A barebones car that will last forever!
I would much rather have a normal dash then an 8 inch monitor.

The only difference between an idiot's arguement and a knife is that the knife has a point.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blackbeard's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blackbeard reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
blackbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #29
johnny95sl2
johnny95sl2 will become famous soon enough

1997 SW2
1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeard View Post
Dream Saturn?
Either my 93 SC1 fully restored, or a mint condition 91 SC with all options.
I also want to say that I agree with cam on his opinion on parking cameras and crap like that.
If you are dumb or lazy enough that you think you need all of that, then you dont deserve to be on the road!
Look at the S Series! A barebones car that will last forever!
I would much rather have a normal dash then an 8 inch monitor.
I know the FEDs have made rear view cameras mandatory in year 2015-2016. Americans are too fat and lazy to look over both shoulders before backing up now....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to johnny95sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help johnny95sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
johnny95sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #30
t5258
t5258 is on a distinguished road

1997 SW2

one that will make it through a tankfull of gas without needing a quart of oil!!!!!

Remember: No matter where you go, there you are....

97 SW2 5-speed..227k & counting...
90 Firebird Formula 5.0tpi
08 Santa Fe 2.7 5-speed
83 AMC Spirit GT 360

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to t5258's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help t5258 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
t5258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:46 AM   #31
Lightfoot2002
Lightfoot2002 has a spectacular aura aboutLightfoot2002 has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC2

I am driving it!! 2002 Saturn SC2. Black exterior with black cloth interior. 5 speed manual. No sunroof option. A previous owner installed a 1997 manual transmission in my Saturn. Because of this the cruise control does not work. I don't care. It now has a lower gear ratios than stock. I drive conservatively. I get 35 mpg around town and around 50 mpg if all highway driving at steady 50 mph. It is reliable, sporty, and practical.
This 2002 Saturn Sc has classy lines to it. Especially in black exterior color.
In fifteen years it may start to become a collectors item! Its a keeper!
Irv Gordon of Long Island NY purchased a 1966 Volvo P1800 in June of 1966.
He has over 3 million miles on the car. His car should be a benchmark not of the miles accumulated but of longevity. The longevity of his Volvo should be an inspiration to us all!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lightfoot2002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lightfoot2002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Lightfoot2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:38 AM   #32
jimboman
jimboman is on a distinguished road

2001 SW2
2005 ION-2 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5258 View Post
one that will make it through a tankfull of gas without needing a quart of oil!!!!!
Yes, this. Oil-drainback holes drilled OEM, or better OEM oil-control rings. This and several of the other weak parts improved. I'd be cool with that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jimboman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jimboman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jimboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #33
CZECHLAGER
CZECHLAGER has a spectacular aura aboutCZECHLAGER has a spectacular aura about

2001 SL2
1995 SW1

Hello, My car I have now with a head that has awesome flow characteristic with cams that make it all work,an equal length header/downpipe design that work with the engine cradle, AWE Tuning cat back dual exhaust like the one I just put on our 2011 VW CC Sport, ITB, 11.1 CR, Forged pistons, rods, and crankshaft, Unencrypted tunable ECM,( netting a 230 NA build). Getrag 285 6spd, Quaife LSD, Aluminum engine cradle with better LCA and sway bar design, 312MM F., 256MM R vented disc, (master cylinder, brake booster ,proportioning valve and calipers to handle these) 5x100 bolt pattern hubs. BBS LM 8x17 F & 9x17 R, A wide body kit like the one on the 2014 Seat Leon Cup Racer This turned into a wet dream, Rick

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to CZECHLAGER's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help CZECHLAGER reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
CZECHLAGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #34
Recycled Saturn
Advanced Member
Recycled Saturn has a spectacular aura aboutRecycled Saturn has a spectacular aura aboutRecycled Saturn has a spectacular aura about

I wouldn't ask for much but...

1996-99 SL2 (with 96-98 motor)
Zero miles
White
Aluminum valve cover
AMR strut brace
92 header
AEM CAI
AMR rear sway bar with bracket
All poly bushings
Black interior out of a 2000-2002 SL2
Short throw shifter
Manual transmission, windows, and locks
Cruise control
5th gear swap that still allowed cruise control to function

And a couple maybes:
Towing package
AMR rear strut brace

1998 SL2-AMR Strut Bar, AEM CAI, and 119,XXX

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Recycled Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Recycled Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Recycled Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #35
KingRex
Advanced Member
KingRex will become famous soon enoughKingRex will become famous soon enough

1994 SL2

I own both my dream Saturn's already.

1994 Homecoming Edition. Bought this one over a year ago up north of here. Sold a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee to get it.

And 1999 Homecoming Edition. Bought this one from a local dealer that had bought it with a group of cars from another bigger local dealer. He didn't want to invest the time and money in to it that it needed to be a reliable car for him to sell. Got with with minimal mark up over his own cost for it. He broke even. I bought this one with my tax return.

And no, neither one has caught fire on me. Both good reliable cars, worked hard to get both of them, and worked even harder to make them both reliable.

"The Homecoming King"

Saturns Saved: 18

Saturns Owned: 2

1999 SL2 HCE 175K
1994 SL2 HCE 135K
1999 SL2 Silver 125K

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KingRex's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KingRex reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KingRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:59 AM   #36
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to beholdcityhawk is a splendid one to behold

1993 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOnTheHill View Post
I agree. My 01 SC1 is as close as it gets to a "perfect" car, in my opinion. Reliable, outstanding gas mileage, easy and cheap to maintain, and has a nice style... what else is there that matters?

That's also what I tell people who ask why I don't buy a new car. I make a decent living, so I certainly could afford it. Heck, the credit union would have the check in my hand before dinner. But what's the point? There's nothing brand-new out there that even comes close in terms of what I want in a car.

Richard
Amen to that. I'm not really at a place for buying a new car at this time, but I shudder to think of replacing my LW300 (which my wife drives primarily) which will be the car that does get replaced eventually. Nothing out there really rocks my world. Only wagon available in my price range is the VW Jetta Sportwagen (soon to be the VW Golf Sportwagen). No American or Japanese wagons left. I am hoping that at least the Europeans will keep selling wagons in North America long enough until we can afford a new car. Don't care at all for crossover vehicles and need a car with a long roof and a D pillar. The only wagons left are VW, Volvo, Mercedes and BMW.

I don't ever plan on replacing my 1993 SW2... it has joined my Corvair as a car that I plan to preserve for posterity. The only question is if it comes difficult to maintain it as a daily driver and whether or not I take it off the road in the winters. I may just try to keep on top of the rust like I've been doing lately, patching and POR-15-ing it where necessary.

Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 204,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #37
I-4
I-4 will become famous soon enough

1994 SL2

My 94 SL2 or maybe a 95 with about 25 more ft/lbs of torque. A subframe and rockers that do not rust. A lot less oil burning. This time I would go for a black interior. And cruise control. Stainless rear brake lines would be nice. I would not change much else. I ordered my car basic for an SL2, roll up windows which I really do like. Most cars today have electric windows standard. Along with a lot of stuff that I have no desire for, or want to replace/repair after the warranty is up. Over the years I have added some things, like a Sportwing rear spoiler, SPS front strut brace, sawblade rims, rear wheel spacers, 92 header and downpipe that I had Nitro Plated, Hawk HPS front pads. So in short, a rust free low mile replacement would be nice someday.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to I-4's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help I-4 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
I-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #38
Razzle Dazzle
Advanced Member
Razzle Dazzle is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/4640731122.html

This baby right here.

'12 Chevrolet Cruze, 1.4T M/T 101k
Miss my White 95 SC2, said goodbye at 213k, 7 years of ownership.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Razzle Dazzle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Razzle Dazzle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Razzle Dazzle is offline   Reply With Quote