SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
SUPERCHARGE
SUPERCHARGE is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2
Default where to find Need Driver side window regulator in Canada Fast!

Guys, have a big prob in Toronto here...my insurance needs an inspection for them to continue insuring my 20 yr old saturn. Didnt pass because the electric window sticks out about 2 inches after bringing it down, unless I force it down by hand. Took the door skin off and clearly needs a regulator. Gm, canadian tire, napa nor collins auto stock it anymore. Junk yards dried out of this gen saturn years ago. Traveling by end of next week and need this car on the road. My new and main vehicle is out of order for a month due to brake line issues. Any suggestions?

If everything is under control... then you aren't going fast enough.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SUPERCHARGE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SUPERCHARGE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SUPERCHARGE is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
Inky
Inky is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
Default Re: where to find Need Driver side window regulator in Canada Fast!

Here you go:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ474986495

Crap I just noticed it's 97-02

Last edited by Inky; 08-13-2013 at 09:25 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Inky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Inky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
trottida
Master Member
trottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud oftrottida has much to be proud of

Location: North of North of Toronto, Northern Ontario, Canada

1999 SL2
2001 SL1
Default Re: where to find Need Driver side window regulator in Canada Fast!

That's a tough order!

I looked to see if I could source one out and the supply is pretty dry for a front left side window regulator with motor. I'm assuming that it was the drivers door on your 93 SL2. Apparently the regulator was used from 1991 to 1995 on sedans and wagons.

Here are a few other suggestions.

- Call the autowreckers and ask for a complete door with the regulator. I've found that sometimes they won't sell the regulator as they would rather sell the complete door.

- Buy this car located in London for $300, remove the parts you need and sell it to the autowreckers in London.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ507032496

- Try the London area autowreckers as they seem to have a ton of Saturns. The dealership there was very successfull. Perhaps SLCraig can hook you up but I haven't seen him post here in a long time.

- Install a manual window regulator if you can find a suitable donor Saturn

- It looks like you can still order it from getsaturnparts.com which is in BelAir, Maryland US.

- Buy a used one off eBay and have it shipped to you.

- If you have the part number then plug it into this site to see if someone has some old stock http://www.partsvoice.com/. I think the part number is 21097243 based on a couple websites I searched. (http://www.gmpartslink.com/oem-part/...-left/21097243). Also, when I searched by part number I came up with a Buick reference so it may be on other GM models too. It didn't say what model of Buick though.

1999 SL2 MT (287,130 km @ 10/2019)
2012 Ford Focus SEL HB MT
2011 Suburban LT

Past Saturns
2001 SL1 MT (438,500 km 11y)
1993 SW2 AT (10y)
2001 LW200 MT (3.5y)
1992 SL2 MT (5y)

:canada:

Last edited by trottida; 08-13-2013 at 09:32 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trottida's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trottida reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trottida is offline   Reply With Quote