SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
homerec130
homerec130 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Cooper CS4 Tires

Anyone have any luck with the Cooper CS4 tires? I put Cooper on my 03 and had real good luck with them. The D o Ds on my 08 Vue are getting real close to needing replacement (40K) and I want to get it done before our summer monsoons hit. One reason for the Coopers is the price - 4 for the price of 3 out the door with everything. I am also planning on having a 4 wheel alignment done. Just by my tread wear, I know it needs a little adjustment.

Many thanx,

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson
15 Ford Fiesta, Gray
06 Vue 3.5L, FWD, Storm Grey (Wife's Ride)

08 Vue 3.6L, FWD, Sunburst Orange - RIP 6T70

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to homerec130's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
homerec130 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
ChiliPepper
ChiliPepper is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 3.6L
Default Re: Cooper CS4 Tires

never have used the cooper cs4, but I do like the looks of it. I have had cooper tires on other vehicles in the past and believe them to be good quality tire.

our '09 Vue has the original factory equipped Firestone Destination LE tires on it. I really like them, both in performance and looks. A few years back, I owned a Ford F150 and had put a set of Destination LE tires on it.... I really liked them as well. They performed well in all weather situations here in Oklahoma... wet, dry, snow, ice.

If you decide to purchase the Cooper tires, please follow up with a report and let us know how you like them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ChiliPepper's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ChiliPepper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ChiliPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
bbcmalibu
bbcmalibu is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.5L

I've run the Coopers on both my old saturn and my wifes car. They are a really good tire in all climates and the wear is great. They worked great for the Winters here in Minnesota. They are a harder tire so the tire noise is bit higher. My only complaint.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bbcmalibu's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bbcmalibu reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bbcmalibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
OGC5
OGC5 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerec130 View Post
Anyone have any luck with the Cooper CS4 tires? I put Cooper on my 03 and had real good luck with them. The D o Ds on my 08 Vue are getting real close to needing replacement (40K) and I want to get it done before our summer monsoons hit. One reason for the Coopers is the price - 4 for the price of 3 out the door with everything. I am also planning on having a 4 wheel alignment done. Just by my tread wear, I know it needs a little adjustment.

Many thanx,

Homer
American made tire from an American company. I have 5k on these replacement tires (2008 VUE XR) and got them installed by a local American dealer. They work great and Motor Trend also gave them a good review. Much better wet traction than the OEM Bridgestones.

OGC5

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OGC5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OGC5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OGC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
NJSATXR
NJSATXR is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

I have them (CS4's) on my car. They are not bad overall ...but the wet traction on them went downhill after about 17k miles.

I replaced the Vue's Bridgestone Duelers early bacause did not like them especially in bad weather.

Switched over to BFG Long Trail Touring 235/60/17.
They have been really good and very satisfied.

Plenty of good reviews on them over at Tire Rack too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NJSATXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NJSATXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
NJSATXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
OGC5
OGC5 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSATXR View Post
I have them (CS4's) on my car. They are not bad overall ...but the wet traction on them went downhill after about 17k miles.

I replaced the Vue's Bridgestone Duelers early bacause did not like them especially in bad weather.

Switched over to BFG Long Trail Touring 235/60/17.
They have been really good and very satisfied.

Plenty of good reviews on them over at Tire Rack too.

Goodrich Corporation exited the tire business in 1988. The tire business and use of the name was sold to Michelin. Tires could be made in one of several places in USA or Foreign factories.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OGC5's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OGC5 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OGC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:10 AM   #7
k2qo
k2qo is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
2009 AURA XR

I looked at the CS4 model in the spring when I was switching from my snow/steelie set to all seasons and could not get any kind of a decent price here in Western NY. So, a set of 4 Conti Cross Contact LX was the choice. WOW! Much better than the the FS Dest LE in every regard. The best feature is that my 08 Vue XE tracks like it is on rails, and they are a touch quieter.

But given a B3G1 free deal, I'd go for that.

Best regards,
Mark K2QO
FN03ra

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to k2qo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help k2qo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
k2qo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #8
leogag1
leogag1 is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 3.6L

When comes time to replace OEM tires, a lot of factors are to be considered. Among them, the kind of "normal" weather conditions and driving habits.

In Tucson, AZ, I suppose snow is not really a concern... even if sometimes it may happen! What about heavy rains? If 1 day out of 3 is rainy, then a good "rain" tire is mandatory! These two factors played a lot against Bridgestone Dueler, since this tire is bad in those two weather conditions!

The CS4 thread looks a lot like the Dueler's one... But maybe the gum is better, not evident! Any tire will be better than Bridgestone Dueler!

Now, driving habits: do you drive at 75 MPH agressively everyday, or simply cruising at speed limits, taking care not to accelerate too fast and leave free space with other cars? The CS4 is a luxury passenger touring tire, not a high performance tire. Therefore, driven to its limit, this tire will suffer from lack of adherance in tight cornering and rapid accelerations. But in "normal or light use", it can be a good choice, given the fact that touring tires are usually designed for quietness and smoothness.

Other good choices (more expensive, tough...) are Firestone Destination LE (OEM on some 2009 like mine), Continental ContiContact LX, Kumho Ecsta series, Yokohama Geolandar, Toyo Open Country, and more.

I had Yokohama Geolandar HT/S on my former 2005 VUE (V6 FWD) and they were correct, but not perfect. Better than Dueler, of course!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to leogag1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help leogag1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
leogag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
homerec130

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L

I don't really push it and drive fairly defensively. Although the speed limit between here and Phoenix is 75, I usually stay in the 70 to 75 range as it gives me a far better gas mileage. I have also noticed that a lot of the semis have slowed down to the same range, maybe even a little slower. I don't need to worry about snow as we don't go to snow country. Granted the monsoon season is getting ready to start and if it gets real bad, I just stay put.

Luckily I can wait a little bit on the new tires. hen we go out, we usually take my wife's Vue. Her tires have quite a bit more tread than mine.

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson
15 Ford Fiesta, Gray

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help homerec130 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-24-2010, 12:51 AM   #10
VueRLowner
VueRLowner is on a distinguished road

Continental Extreme Contact DWS... Best tire I've ever had on a car. Good luck finding them in stock though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VueRLowner's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VueRLowner reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VueRLowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #11
TheSlayer
TheSlayer is on a distinguished road

Hey Homerec130,

There are 4 rib T rated and H/V rated 5 rib designs. I had the 4 rib on my 2004 Vue RL in 225/55/18. I loved the wet traction and the look. An 80,000 treadlife warranty is also a plus.

Those were left on the RL when I traded it in for my 09. Sad to see them go. Of course I should have known better. When I sold my 02 Vue AWD V6 I left 4 perfectly good Goodyear Fortera Triple-Treads on it. LOL I sold it to an older couple so I feel good that they are safe riding on good tread.

If you haven't pick those CS4s up!

Bart

Bart "The Slayer" Sayers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TheSlayer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TheSlayer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TheSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #12
homerec130

2008 VUE 3.6L
2006 VUE 3.5L

When I traded my 03 in I had about 40,000 on the Coopers with plenty of tread left. That is why I am looking at replacing the DoD on the 08 with another set. Just have to wait until I can afford it.

Homer

Paul "Homer" Simpson
15 Ford Fiesta, Gray

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-22-2010, 05:27 PM   #13
jgibson146
jgibson146 is on a distinguished road

I just replaced my tires with Michelin MXV4 Primacy tires, WOW, what a difference. Much quieter. Expensive, but these are a top rated tire, something you find on Mercedes, now my 08 Vue XR. Even coarse roads sound muted. Hope this helps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jgibson146's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jgibson146 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jgibson146 is offline   Reply With Quote