SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #81
05SaturnRL
05SaturnRL is on a distinguished road

Default Re: GM Hopes to Retain Saturn Customers, but 69% of SaturnFans.com Members Surveyed S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMAN View Post
This could also be in the pipe line:

There is some talk of a grand national being produced
2.8-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine that produces a satisfying 325HP
Nope, it's not happening. I wish we could get the Insignia OPC over here labeled as a GN version, I'd be lining up to get one.

The only thing that we will get as the performance Regal is the GS version with the 3.9 V6. Very lame indeed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 05SaturnRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 05SaturnRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
05SaturnRL is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2009, 02:19 AM   #82
cdp326
Master Member
cdp326 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: GM Hopes to Retain Saturn Customers, but 69% of SaturnFans.com Members Surveyed S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSaturn02 View Post
Comment is for buyer of ANY products.

The Saturn brand isn't around anymore (or soon will not be) - have you been living under a cave?

There is another comment in my original post that fits you to a tee.
I would say the "Do your research and buy what is best for you" line fits davidsky. But he is correct when bringing up why people have loyalty to a brand - if the product suits them well and does what they expect of it, it builds trust in the products and another one from the same brand is likely to get at least an edge in shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SaturnRL
Nope, it's not happening. I wish we could get the Insignia OPC over here labeled as a GN version, I'd be lining up to get one.

The only thing that we will get as the performance Regal is the GS version with the 3.9 V6. Very lame indeed
3.9? Did you mean 3.6? Whatever V6 goes in the Regal it won't be an OHV V6. It might be the direct-injected 3.6L.
Though not necessarily an outright performance model, the Regal is going to be offered with the 2.0L turbo I4 too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cdp326's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cdp326 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cdp326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:31 AM   #83
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
The Saturn brand isn't around anymore (or soon will not be) - have you been living under a cave?
To me any good or bad luck I have with my Saturn extends to the rest of GM because I know they built my car. I never considered Saturn as separate.

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #84
Robor007
Advanced Member
Robor007 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSaturn02 View Post
No, I haven't. But rest assured I will when I'm ready. Good luck with your Astra - so great that they aren't selling them anymore.

As any good mechanic will tell you - stick with a car that SELLS and are MANY on the road. It is much easier to get parts/knowledge on how to repair, etc.... on them.
Well I have driven them and others in the class and none of them compared in features, ride, handling, and comfort.

I'm well aware the low sales on the Astra will likely make it more difficult to find parts down the road. I'd still rather have that than drive some boring Toyota Corolla or ridiculous looking Fit. I get compliments all the time on my Astra.

2008 Astra XR3 door 5sp - Silver Sand with premium trim, 18" rims, and advanced audio. (new owner as of 12/15)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Robor007's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Robor007 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Robor007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #85
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the roughVUEmaniac is a jewel in the rough

1997 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robor007 View Post
Have you actually driven any of those cars? I've driven all of them but the Forte and they did not stand out in any way. Also, an Accord decked out nice is close to if not over the $30K range so it's out of the class of the others. My Astra > all those cars.
I've heard from a couple of people that the Astra is nice to drive. I've also seen some owners posting about ongoing problems. The bottom line is that very few were sold and that it will be very expensive and probably time consuming to get parts for them in the future. Having a unique ride is fun until the first time it's laid up in the shop for a few weeks while waiting for a part that would normally be stocked at any old auto parts store for a more common vehicle. If I was going to sign up for that sort of PITA factor, I'd probably just spend the $15k on an older/depreciated "exotic" instead...a Lotus Esprit perhaps? Hmmmm....

---
Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown. Ask yourself why YOU keep going to the circus.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEmaniac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #86
plato
plato is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUEmaniac View Post
I've heard from a couple of people that the Astra is nice to drive. I've also seen some owners posting about ongoing problems. The bottom line is that very few were sold and that it will be very expensive and probably time consuming to get parts for them in the future. Having a unique ride is fun until the first time it's laid up in the shop for a few weeks while waiting for a part that would normally be stocked at any old auto parts store for a more common vehicle. If I was going to sign up for that sort of PITA factor, I'd probably just spend the $15k on an older/depreciated "exotic" instead...a Lotus Esprit perhaps? Hmmmm....
having a unique car is fun when you got some nice horsepower. What's unique about an anemic engine? you would not pay me enough to buy one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to plato's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help plato reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #87
05SaturnRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp326 View Post
3.9? Did you mean 3.6? Whatever V6 goes in the Regal it won't be an OHV V6. It might be the direct-injected 3.6L.
Though not necessarily an outright performance model, the Regal is going to be offered with the 2.0L turbo I4 too.
Yeah I typed that in wrong, 3.6. From what I have seen it is going to be the direct injection version

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 05SaturnRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #88
04Pacific
04Pacific is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Depending on how they hold up, I would consider another used Saturn or possibly a preowned Buick but chances are that I will go back to Ford or Subaru.

I, too, have owned an Oldsmobile and was really frustrated when they stopped producing them. I think GM really bailed on the whole idea of making good old inexpensive vehicles for the average joe when they canned Saturn.

What is puzzling is that Saturn was named one of the top 10 most improved vehicle companies recently and now GM dumps them. Frankly, I'm tired of the games.

I'll take great care of my Saturn Vue/Acura MDX mutant baby and hope it lasts many more enjoyable years so I don't even have to think about a new care. But mark my words, it won't be a new GM.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 04Pacific's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 04Pacific reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
04Pacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #89
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=04Pacific;1542268]

What is puzzling is that Saturn was named one of the top 10 most improved v
ehicle companies recently and now GM dumps them.

I noticed that Consumer reports listed the VUE as of of the least reliable vehicles for 2009 in its class. However, they did still consider the Aura as a recommended buy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #90
davidsky
Master Member

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUEmaniac View Post
I've heard from a couple of people that the Astra is nice to drive. I've also seen some owners posting about ongoing problems. The bottom line is that very few were sold and that it will be very expensive and probably time consuming to get parts for them in the future. Having a unique ride is fun until the first time it's laid up in the shop for a few weeks while waiting for a part that would normally be stocked at any old auto parts store for a more common vehicle.
The Ford Focus is nice to drive and it has dealers everywhere. Plus you can hook your Ipod up to it!
Or you could go with the Mazda3 or Subaru Impreza for another alternative.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #91
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SaturnRL View Post
Yeah I typed that in wrong, 3.6. From what I have seen it is going to be the direct injection version
If the new Regal v6 weight stays around 3500 lbs, a 3.6L DI with 275-280 hp would be a total beast. Enthusiasts would want a manual transmission, Brembo brakes and the Insignia OPC wheels, but I would be happy with a wagon version. Done right, I think the '11 Buick Regal would make fine competition for the Acura TSX.

No more Saturns! :(
'11 & '15 Subaru Forester; '15 Nissan Altima

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GR898SL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #92
DesertPuma
DesertPuma is on a distinguished road

GM lost me looooooooooong ago. As soon as the Polymer was dropped.

Now a proud Subie owner.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DesertPuma's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DesertPuma reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DesertPuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #93
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR898SL2 View Post
If the new Regal v6 weight stays around 3500 lbs, a 3.6L DI with 275-280 hp would be a total beast. Enthusiasts would want a manual transmission, Brembo brakes and the Insignia OPC wheels, but I would be happy with a wagon version. Done right, I think the '11 Buick Regal would make fine competition for the Acura TSX.

I'd like all of that, in a wagon, plus a Turbo and AWD.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #94
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRL View Post
I'd like all of that, in a wagon, plus a Turbo and AWD.
gimmie a stick and I'll be inclined to agree!

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:58 AM   #95
05SaturnRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR898SL2 View Post

Wooo hooo! Looks like the US will be getting a manual Regal. Now just confirm a 2.8 turbo V6 with the rest of the Insignia OPC features and I am sold on one

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-22-2009, 12:32 AM   #96
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventureoflink View Post
gimmie a stick and I'll be inclined to agree!
Fine as long as I can get a DSG which is better in every way and paddles! :P

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #97
05SaturnRL

Flappy paddles, flappy paddles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #98
teshika33
teshika33 is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Sedan

These statistics are interesting. That is why I am disappointed that GM would take over a company that they've start and should have left alone in the first place and years later take it back over and discontinue the brand. What is the reasoning behind this again?

Then GM sends all these wonderful coupons in the mail to get me to purchase another GM vehicle. I don't see that happening. Recently, Saturn of Montgomery sent a coupon to me to get a free turkey if I bring the coupon in and inquire about purchasing another saturn. I would be glad to, however, I love my ION to much! I would like to drive it until I can't anymore.

Saturn ION 3 (2007, gone with the wind)
Saturn SL1 (2001, sold)

Volkswagen, here I am!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to teshika33's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help teshika33 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
teshika33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #99
Tinkerdog
Tinkerdog is on a distinguished road

Absolutely NO WAY will I EVER purchase a NEW Government Motors vehicle.

They pissed me off royally when they killed the Saturn.

My money will not go to American Union workers, period.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tinkerdog's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tinkerdog reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tinkerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #100
davidsky
Master Member

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerdog View Post
Absolutely NO WAY will I EVER purchase a NEW Government Motors vehicle.

They pissed me off royally when they killed the Saturn.

My money will not go to American Union workers, period.
Let me guess, you went to college, work in an office and have never had a "blue collar" job in your life. You probably think factory workers are disgusting lowlifes who deserve "what they get" because they are stupid.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!