SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
gbc_15
gbc_15 is on a distinguished road

Default new ignition cylinder issues 2001 S series

I will try and make this as brief and clear as possible. I had the ignition cylinder go bad on the 2001 Saturn SL2 and was forced to drill and pound it out with a hammer. I was able to get the old one out and partially install a new one. When I say partially install the new one It cranks the engine and the engine runs but does not turn smooth. The bigger problem is when you turn the key to the off position if you turn it to far it locks into place and will not allow me to turn it back to re start the engine. In all the research I was doing on the initial problem I remember reading somewhere that you can damage some part when having to forcefully remove the old cylinder, can anybody give me a part number or name on this piece that may have been damaged in the removal of the old cylinder? Is it an cheap and/or easy fix? Thanks for any help you can offer.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gbc_15's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gbc_15 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gbc_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: new ignition cylinder issues 2001 S series

You will need to replace the ignition cylinder housing.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote