SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General

Old 07-19-2006, 04:02 AM   #1
neelieo
neelieo is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Removing headliner in 99 SC2

Hi
I'm new at this so please excuse me for asking this. I'm a mom who is relativly good at fixing things with some directions. I'm getting ready to replace the guides for the sunroof on this car but the part that makes me nervous is removing the headliner. I've seached the forums and gotten some info on this but its primarily for older models or SL series. Any tips would be appreciated. The car is a 3 door. I've replaced carpet etc on cars before and even rebuilt a carborator back in the day but for some reason removing the headliner scares me.
Thanks
Eileen
neelieo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
neelieo
neelieo is on a distinguished road

Happy Re: Removing headliner in 99 SC2

Well I didn't get any responses but I will tell you what happened
Taking out the headliner was actually pretty straight forward, the only part that broke was the clip on the dome light. The rest of it went really easy. The trim is held on with metal clips so I didn't break any of those. The hardest part to remove was the hang on handle- it didn't want to come off. I've taken off the sunroof and am in the mist of repairing it. I'm slow with it because it seems to like to bind but I should have it back together today. Whether this fixes the problem I don't know. I'm lubrcating everything and I'm hoping for the best.
Eileen
neelieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant futurefetchitfido has a brilliant future

2001 SC2
Default Re: Removing headliner in 99 SC2

Yeah, I broke both of the dome lights (I know why, but I don't know how to not break 'em with the stupid setup they've got) when I switched mine and that hang on handle took a while to figure out.
My job was easier 'cause I had a working setup and a broken setup so I was able to just swap them. That remineds me, I oughta re-grease the tracks now.
The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote