SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
paulstefano
paulstefano is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE
Default Adding Remote Start

Can somebody tell me if it's possible to add Remote Start to an Outlook AFTER you have it built?

I saw another thread, but it wasn't complete.

I have and XE on order and I did not get the Convenience, but I really want the remote start.

I read that it may be possible to add at the dealer after the fact. Does anybody know the details?

thanks,

paul

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to paulstefano's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help paulstefano reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
paulstefano is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
compnurd09
compnurd09 is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR
Default Re: Adding Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstefano View Post
Can somebody tell me if it's possible to add Remote Start to an Outlook AFTER you have it built?

I saw another thread, but it wasn't complete.

I have and XE on order and I did not get the Convenience, but I really want the remote start.

I read that it may be possible to add at the dealer after the fact. Does anybody know the details?

thanks,

paul

I believe they can, cost is around 300 i believe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to compnurd09's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help compnurd09 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
compnurd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
zielinab
zielinab is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR

In the "Accessories" section of the Saturn site, http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicle...ccessories.jsp, they have it listed for $195. (without installation.) I can imagine your retailer adding an hour or two's labor on top for the install.

You might be better off changing your order to include Convenience. For a hundred or two more you'll also get the ultrasonic park assist and heated windshield washers.

HTH

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zielinab's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zielinab reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zielinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
paulstefano

2008 Outlook XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zielinab View Post

You might be better off changing your order to include Convenience. For a hundred or two more you'll also get the ultrasonic park assist and heated windshield washers.

HTH
I tried this, but the retailer said it was too late. I guess that means, my car will be built soon

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help paulstefano reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #5
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zielinab View Post
In the "Accessories" section of the Saturn site, http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicle...ccessories.jsp, they have it listed for $195. (without installation.) I can imagine your retailer adding an hour or two's labor on top for the install.

HTH
He's going to want the ultrasonic park assist.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
KenSatrun
KenSatrun is on a distinguished road

All '07 Outlooks were remote start "ready"....basically had the components, and it was only a new key fob and reprogram to turn it on. Not sure if it came off for '08 or not. If it's still AP3, it's probably upgradeable (also called "Extended range keyless entry, as the remote start parts give it a farther range).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KenSatrun's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KenSatrun reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KenSatrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:17 PM   #7
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSatrun View Post
All '07 Outlooks were remote start "ready"....basically had the components, and it was only a new key fob and reprogram to turn it on. Not sure if it came off for '08 or not. If it's still AP3, it's probably upgradeable (also called "Extended range keyless entry, as the remote start parts give it a farther range).
Yes, still the same thing. Order the remotes and program it on, and you're good to go. Basically just like if it were an option, but one that the dealer service department has to handle, rather than the factory line.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #8
paulstefano

2008 Outlook XE

I do totally want the Remote Parking assist. I'm kicking myself for not adding it to the order to begin with.

I don't suppose you can add the Parking assist at the dealer huh?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-27-2007, 06:01 PM   #9
beach109
Advanced Member
beach109 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstefano View Post
I do totally want the Remote Parking assist. I'm kicking myself for not adding it to the order to begin with.

I don't suppose you can add the Parking assist at the dealer huh?
Not the OEM one, but dealers often install several aftermarket versions in any vehicle. Just ask. I've seen them done in Pilots, large GM SUV's, a neighbor had them put in his CTS, etc. They're usually integrated quite well.

As for the remote start, it's already "there", they or you just need to order the kit that includes new remotes, and then the dealer turns the feature on in the computer--get in touch with them now, if you haven't already, and they can have the kit ordered and installed before you take delivery.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to beach109's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help beach109 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
beach109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #10
paulstefano

2008 Outlook XE

Just heard from the retailer and my vehicle has been built!

I mentioned the remote start and the retailer said they can't do it there. I mentioned how the website lists it as an option, but they insisted the parts and service manager cannot do it.

Any suggestions?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #11
ssicarman
ssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to beholdssicarman is a splendid one to behold

It can be done. Our shop has done about three of them. You do need a certain RPO code (vehicle build code) to be able to add it.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:58 PM   #12
medic33
medic33 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XE

Does anyone know the part numbers and other stuff I need to tell the dealership for the remote start on my Outlook?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to medic33's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help medic33 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
medic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:57 PM   #13
lewisr
lewisr is on a distinguished road

When I ordered mine 10/18, the dealer told me and we confirmed with the service dept. that it was possible. When it was deliverd 11/14, they couldn't get it to work. They confirmed with the factory that this can no longer be done.(Though I did see on some forum that somebody claimed to have it done in the last couple of weeks.) I reordered a new one with the convenience package. The price I had on the table was $160 installed. They said it was at "cost'.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lewisr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lewisr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lewisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:26 PM   #14
djhhjd
djhhjd is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XR
2005 VUE 3.5L

I would think if you go to any car audio shop and they can put a remote start on your vehicle that the dealer who specializes in your automobile can do it with their eyes closed. You would think for them that it is just a matter of plugging into the computer and pushing a few buttons, plugging in a few wires and bada-bing its done! and you dont even have time to finish your complimentary soda from the guest lounge. Just one guy talking.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to djhhjd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help djhhjd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
djhhjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #15
thegrove
thegrove is on a distinguished road

advanced 2 way remote start as retailer installed accessory will be available in feb '08. beyond that, don't know what kind of setup exactly or cost or if your outlook has to have a certain option available. but preliminary date is set for that unless that changes!

oh, and just saw this looks like similar advanced 2 way remote will be available on aura's at same time. probably same system!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to thegrove's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help thegrove reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
thegrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:20 PM   #16
medic33
medic33 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XE

The dealership told me today that they can't do it to our 2007 Outlook . I thought it could be done to all '07's

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to medic33's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help medic33 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
medic33 is offline   Reply With Quote