SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 10:17 AM   #1
joshc
joshc is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Faulty Blinkers????

I bought a used 2000 LS1 and I love it.
I was driving the other day and tried to use the blinkers,
but it just clicked really fast and there was no blinking green arrow. Both the left and right did the same thing. Upon pulling over, I found that neither the left or right turn signals were blinking. Both the rear and front signals were out. I was totally unable to signal to anybody that i was turning. First thing I thought was the fuse. I found that the fuse was fine, when I pulled the fuse, it wouldnt even click fast. So I switched the fuse with another one just in case and still no turn signals. I tried to show my wife that the blinkers were not working and all of a sudden they were working fine!! But, ever since then its been off and on, sometimes they work other times they are completely dead and all i hear is a fast click. Anybody else ever had the same problem????

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joshc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joshc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2002, 10:35 AM   #2
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Some cars use fast blinking as a signal that a bulb is burned out. You may have a loose or bad bulb.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-16-2002, 10:45 AM   #3
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Since none of your turn signals are working when this occurs, you may need to replace the turn signal stalk which includes the T/S switch. Try using your Hazzards to see if all the bulbs are operational.

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-16-2002, 11:44 AM   #4
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Idea

Possibly the Flasher unit (usually located near the same inner fuse relay box) is at fault.

Have you tried the Hazard lights to confirm no signal bulbs have burnt out?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-16-2002, 11:50 AM   #5
Spanky
Spanky is on a distinguished road

I agree, check the flasher.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Spanky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Spanky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-16-2002, 08:30 PM   #6
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

1 more educated vote for the flasher....

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-17-2002, 09:06 AM   #7
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Do the Hazards work? I had the problem with the directionals (Arrows inside were on solid I believe and did not flash) and the hazards and the fix was a new Hazard warning switch. They tie in somehow I guess. Is the light off on the harard switch? That was another thing I noticed. This is the only thing the dealer could fix on the 1st shot!

Last edited by ricksLS1; 07-17-2002 at 09:13 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-17-2002, 11:38 AM   #8
Qlara
Master Member

Happy

Actually that's right, L-series' hazard switch is a 'Light' unit with different wiring....compare to S-series Toggle-type simple hazard switch.....

Guess it's another Quality-related issue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-17-2002, 12:12 PM   #9
ricksLS1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally posted by qlara
Actually that's right, L-series' hazard switch is a 'Light' unit with different wiring....compare to S-series Toggle-type simple hazard switch.....

Guess it's another Quality-related issue.
I think there is a TSB or even a re-call on this (I never got a recall notice. Here is what the repair invoice says:

Customer states directionals and hazards not working

Cause: Low\Insufficent Sealant

TECH COMM: Nesscasary to R and R Hazard Switch Asm to CRR

Repair: Switch replace hazzard warning

Part 90584073 Switch Assemby

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-17-2002, 04:06 PM   #10
Qlara
Master Member

Happy

And this TSB is for what year and trim in L?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-18-2002, 09:11 AM   #11
ricksLS1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally posted by qlara
And this TSB is for what year and trim in L?
QLARA ... If you go to a link call All-data you can find information on recalls. If you want to learn about recalls and TSB's I suggest you look at it. Several people in this forum find it useful. Here is the info from alldata.

00-C-03 JUL 99 Recall - Replacement Of Hazard Warning Switch Assembly

It's on all 3 trim levels of the 2000 models LS,LS1 and LS2.

PS: As I said mine wasn't recalled and it went bad. Maybe for a different reason. Unless you pay you can't get more info than I supplied

http://www.alldata.com/recalls/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-18-2002, 07:59 PM   #12
WeeeZer14
Advanced Member
WeeeZer14 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Hrm... I really need to ask my dealer 'bout this. I have had it happen twice to me in my 2002 L200. Once was in the dead of winter the first time I tried to use my signals one day -- rapid clicking like the relay was going crazy. Just turned the signal on and off a few times and it worked just fine. Figured the relay was frozen or something

Anyway, last week or so, I was again using my signals for the first time of the day and same thing -- rapid clicking to the point of being a buzz. Turned signal on and off a few times, no change. Then I hit the hazard button and it worked fine. Turned off hazards and the signals worked fine. This time temperatures have maybe been in the 70's at night and usually in the 90's during the day.

Otherwise signals always work and I use them to signal every turn and lane change unlike most people in NJ

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WeeeZer14's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WeeeZer14 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread