SaturnFans.com
saturnfans.com - classifieds - forums - webmail

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech

Old 02-24-2021, 09:35 AM   #1
Highmile
Highmile will become famous soon enoughHighmile will become famous soon enough

1995 SL1
Default Motor Mount

So after a question here about motor mounts and knowing my cheap-o frowny mount would prob be ready for replacement sometime in the not so distant future I was looking at rockauto.

I found a DEA / MARMON RIDE CONTROL A2827HD Front Right; 1st Design and it appears to be a solid rubber mount and not the frowny mount we all hate so much.

Has anyone ordered one and if so do you like it?

I've always found the pictures on RA to be very accurate and not a 'stock' picture, your part may vary type thing.

Highmile
'95 SL1 725k and counting
Highmile is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2021, 02:48 PM   #2
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2
Default Re: Motor Mount

No direct experience with R/A, but DEA used the same part number A2827 for both solid and frownie mounts.

The good news is that "1st Design" is what the solid mount came to be called after the 2nd design (frownie) turned out to have poor durability.

Also, we were speculating several years ago that maybe DEA had stopped producing frownie mounts as folks were starting to report only seeing solid mounts at stores.
I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 04:04 PM   #3
C52
C52 is a jewel in the roughC52 is a jewel in the roughC52 is a jewel in the rough

1997 SW2

I recently replaced all 4 of my motor mounts with the DEA Marmon mounts with the first design top mount, they made a huge difference as all 4 were bad and they had a package deal with all 4 mounts for only around $40 at Rock Auto.

While still not completely vibration free, it was so bad before that I hardly even notice it now, and am very happy with my purchase, as the OEM mounts are no longer available, these may be one of the best options currently available.
C52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:16 PM   #4
alordofchaos
alordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud ofalordofchaos has much to be proud of

2002 SC2
1998 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post
No direct experience with R/A, but DEA used the same part number A2827 for both solid and frownie mounts.
Hey, it turns out I lied and have direct experience with Rockauto and that top mount after all.

Turns out I bought one back in April 2017 for my SC2, solid mount and has been in the car for nearly 4 years (around 30k miles?) now. (Though again, you can't tell by the part number)

I was checking my order history about how many times I had to replace a new TPS (bad out of the box) and I saw a motor mount in my order history. Somehow, I completely forgot I had ordered one for this car, must have done it as preventative maintenance when I first got this car and then forgot.
I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 151k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:28 PM   #5
Highmile
Highmile will become famous soon enoughHighmile will become famous soon enough

1995 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post
Hey, it turns out I lied and have direct experience with Rockauto and that top mount after all.

Turns out I bought one back in April 2017 for my SC2, solid mount and has been in the car for nearly 4 years (around 30k miles?) now. (Though again, you can't tell by the part number)

I was checking my order history about how many times I had to replace a new TPS (bad out of the box) and I saw a motor mount in my order history. Somehow, I completely forgot I had ordered one for this car, must have done it as preventative maintenance when I first got this car and then forgot.
That's the best testimonial there is... I did the repair years ago and forgot about it.

Highmile
'95 SL1 725k and counting
Highmile is offline   Reply With Quote