SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
Sabi's-Saturn
Sabi's-Saturn is on a distinguished road

2005 RELAY-2
Default Peanutbutter in the Coolant overflow - DOHC '94 SL2

OK I know what ever is probably not good, but I am hoping (praying really), that there might be some other explanation for this, that isn't so expensive. I *love* my car. I do not want to give up on it.

Anyway, the car has about 203k miles on it. Had a re-manufactured engine put in 3 years ago (warranty expired last week of course). I have been pretty good about oil changes and all that. Hubby not as good but still within reason. I *just* put $800 into having the entire exhaust done after years of nearly going deaf. They also replaced a transmission gasket. I have noticed that the coolant light was flickering on now and then, figured it was a little low, and checked it this morning. The whole coolant over flow tank is filled with this tan peanut butter looking paste. I could not find coolant in it. Stinkit!

Here is a picture - (sorry had to cut the http off or it would not let me post links since I have not had 15 posts. Bah)
i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff401/Somebirdy/coolant.jpg

And I checked the oil, the level is a little low and it is a bit overdue for a change but not to the 'add oil' area.
Here is a picture in there - (not that you can see much)
i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff401/Somebirdy/oil.jpg

i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff401/Somebirdy/underhood.jpg

Any other possibilities? Or are we for sure looking at head gasket?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sabi's-Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sabi's-Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sabi's-Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links