SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #1
farmasis
farmasis is on a distinguished road

Default Yahoo reviews

the last 3 are just plain wrong:

"Poor MPG nearly same as my former 2003 Yukon XL with 6.0L V8."

What?? B.S.

"If you have 3 or more children, the minivan or Suburban is far superior for seating."

I am thinking if only 3 of your kids fit in an Outlook, it is time for Little Johny, Sally and Robbie to visit the gym.

"NOT ALL THAT IT IS TALKED UP TO BE. FIT & FINISH IS AVERAGE. VEHICLE IS VERY SLUGGISH DUE TO SIZE & MOTOR. WOULD NEED AN EXTRA 40-50HP TO BE COMPETITIVE IN THIS SEGMENT."

8 second 0-60's is sluggish. Ok. That and all caps means someone needs therapy.

"Not sure why other reviewers gave good review to this poorly designed vehicle. This crossover is no different than Chrysler Pacifica or Ford Freestyle that very few people bother to purchase. Besides, it weighs surprisingly hefty 4,900 lb in AWD, which is more than Ford Explorer and Jeep Grand Cherokee."

Anyone seen a 8 passanger Jeep Cherokee or Explorer?
No different than a Freestyle or Pacifica. Ok, go with the person above to therapy.

"The Outlook supposed to replace minivans with its functionality and fuel efficiency. However, it can only carry 4 passengers comfortably, or 4+2 kids if you don't need any luggage space and costs thousands more. It's very difficult to get into the 3rd row seats, definitely not recommended for anyone over 50. I guess I won't be trading in my minivan anytime soon. "

Keep your mini-van....please, by all means.

http://autos.yahoo.com/saturn_outloo...qn7.voqDcvidIF

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to farmasis's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help farmasis reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
farmasis is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
webhair
webhair is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Yahoo reviews

You have to wonder about someone that writes a review and calls it a Buick Acadia. I mean come on - who can miss that big old GMC on the grill!!!

What can I say - it is not for everyone.

I am very happy with my Outlook XR. It normally takes me a year or so to buy a new car or truck - my last one was a 99 Silverado. Before that a 94 Dodge Dakota club cab. I am very pickyabount what I want - looks, styling, quaility..... I keep them for a while - I just sold my 94 Dakota club cab with 233,000 miles on it. Yes it looked good and ran great. No major problems with it at all.

Again - I am very happy with my Outlook XR.

It is a first year car - so who knows what the second year will be like. They will make some changes I am sure...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to webhair's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help webhair reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
webhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:48 AM   #3
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

The jealous reviewer obviously had an agenda. Everybody else is wrong but he's the one reviewer on the planet who has it right? LOL.

When you can't even get the name correct it's obvious you had no intention of doing a legit review.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:17 AM   #4
Carlisle_Outlk
Carlisle_Outlk is on a distinguished road

Its hard to believe the opinions of a reviewer when they get most of the hard facts of a vehicle wrong - mileage, towing capacity, acceleration, etc... If they want to be taken seriously they should look this stuff up before writing a review.

Maybe these reviewers are nervous Toyota and Honda dealers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Carlisle_Outlk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Carlisle_Outlk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Carlisle_Outlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
ffballid
ffballid is on a distinguished road

I too think the reviews went too far BUT, IMHO there is no way to say that the Outlook (which I own) is as convenient for children to get into than a Honda Odyssey (which I also own).

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to drive a minivan full time, and the Outlook has about as close to a minivan interior experience without the mommyvan image as you can get. With that said, though, the sliding doors on the minivan are a huge plus with kids. I have a decent size garage, but the doors on the Outlook create more space issues than the minivan. Also, in parking lots, I have to keep telling my son not to open the doors because if he did, it would probably swing into the neighboring car. Finally, my younger child can get into the minivan on her own, but needs a boost into the Outlook. Granted, this won't last long, but for now it's an issue.

Like the Outlook a lot. Now that I have driven one for a while, I'd still make the Outlook choice over the minivan (again, primarily because I don't want that stigma). For me giving up the undoubtable conveninece of the minivan was worth it. For others it won't be (and now GM isn't even trying to compete in the minivan market, but that's another topic).

Last edited by ffballid; 02-28-2007 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: forgot to add something

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ffballid's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ffballid reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ffballid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #6
Mister T
Mister T is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballid View Post
the sliding doors on the minivan are a huge plus with kids. I have a decent size garage, but the doors on the Outlook create more space issues than the minivan. Also, in parking lots, I have to keep telling my son not to open the doors because if he did, it would probably swing into the neighboring car.
Like ffballid, I do like the sliding door on my Odyssey (which I'll be trading in for the Outlook). I'm sure that I'll have to tell my boys more than once not to swing the doors wide in the garage or parking lots. I'm sure they'll get used to it pretty quickly. Not really worried at all, and maybe I won't really miss that sliding door after all. (Sure won't miss the minivan stigma)

BTW, I read those Yahoo reviews. I think Mister "ALL CAPS" definitely has some issues. But I'm sure that if he hates it as much as he says he does, he can sell it and go buy a suitably foreign ToyoHonda...and good riddance. As for the other reviewer, I hope he/she is using their Outlook to take the three kids to fat camp! I mean, get real, my 4 kids fit in the Outlook with room to spare.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mister T's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mister T reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mister T is offline   Reply With Quote