SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
scalemechanic
scalemechanic has a spectacular aura aboutscalemechanic has a spectacular aura about

2000 SL2
Default diverter valve cleaning

Quick question. I suspect my diverter valve may be a bit clogged with soot.
What is the best way to clean it?? Can you take it apart and put it together without too much trouble?? Thanks, Jim

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scalemechanic's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scalemechanic reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scalemechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: diverter valve cleaning

Yes, You can remove it and apply a vacuum to it and then blow it out. Blow out the exhaust manifold also. Do not forget the connector pipe.

The diverter valve is supposed to have a check valve function so only blow air into the blower port to start with.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
scalemechanic
scalemechanic has a spectacular aura aboutscalemechanic has a spectacular aura about

2000 SL2

OldNuc, when i asked if you can take the diverter apart i meant, can you
take the diverter valve itself apart by removing the two screws on the underside of it? I was thinking of taking it apart in two pieces to clean it and was wondering if it was worth the effort or, if by taking it apart it might be difficult putting it back together properly?

In the meantime i'll blow some air through the blower port as you suggested.
I've already cleaned out the exhaust manifold and connector pipe. Thanks, jim

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to scalemechanic's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help scalemechanic reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
scalemechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Never tried to take one apart. Simply an oversight though. Just open it up with a vacuum and blow it out. Usually the problem is further along in the system. The channel in the exhaust manifold fills up and stops the air flow into the exhaust stream.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote