SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #21
still4saturn
still4saturn has a spectacular aura aboutstill4saturn has a spectacular aura about

2008 VUE 3.6L
2000 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Thumbs Up Re: 2008 Vue XR FWD, wont start (crank)

I found the problem . It was a single pin in an 80 pin connector that plugs into the Engine Control Module (ECM).The terminal pin was completely gone from the socket and melted into the female terminal on the plug side I was able to repair the damage once I located the problem
I bypassed the J2 connector to ECM Plug by 1st removing the cover on the bottom of the Module to expose the back of the circuit board, locating the coresponding point where the burned off pin attached through the board. Then drilling a 1/32 hole in the circuit path and soldering in a pin terminal.
I attached a wire to this pin after drilling a hole through the bottom cover plate right where I had installed the terminal, threading the wire out and splicing into the harness 2 inches before the connector. I used a neoprene grommet where the wire passed through the cover plate and epoxied to reseal the module. Then cutting the lead into the plug where the pin had burned out.
It works fine, restored everything
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140803_015.jpg (87.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140804_003 (1).jpg (161.7 KB, 28 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to still4saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help still4saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
still4saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2014, 01:23 PM   #22
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: 2008 Vue XR FWD, wont start (crank)

one little wire can sure cause alot of trouble.. good job finding it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:48 AM   #23
Mm254
Mm254 is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
Thumbs Up Re: 2008 Vue XR FWD, wont start (crank)

Quote:
Originally Posted by still4saturn View Post
I found the problem . It was a single pin in an 80 pin connector that plugs into the Engine Control Module (ECM).The terminal pin was completely gone from the socket and melted into the female terminal on the plug side I was able to repair the damage once I located the problem
I bypassed the J2 connector to ECM Plug by 1st removing the cover on the bottom of the Module to expose the back of the circuit board, locating the coresponding point where the burned off pin attached through the board. Then drilling a 1/32 hole in the circuit path and soldering in a pin terminal.
I attached a wire to this pin after drilling a hole through the bottom cover plate right where I had installed the terminal, threading the wire out and splicing into the harness 2 inches before the connector. I used a neoprene grommet where the wire passed through the cover plate and epoxied to reseal the module. Then cutting the lead into the plug where the pin had burned out.
It works fine, restored everything
Awesome fix. I'm having the same problem after changing the transmission cooler lines and checked everything you stated in your post. The issue must be in that box,pins,or connections. Giving it a look see now
Thanks for the tip

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Mm254's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Mm254 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Mm254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #24
Joeynice
Joeynice is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2008 Vue XR FWD, wont start (crank)

I have a 08 vue,i swapped the engine 2.4 and now get no crank,does anyone know if im security locked out or something?Thanks Joe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Joeynice's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Joeynice reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Joeynice is offline   Reply With Quote