SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 08:12 PM   #1
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Default Colors

I am trying to put together a list...just for my own sanity...of "Official Saturn" factory colors. (YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT PEOPLE CALL THEM!!!) Please let me know if I've missed any. NOTE: These are the FACTORY NAMES for the colors.
BROWN (VERY RARE)
BLACK
BLACK GOLD
BLUE BLACK (ALSO KNOWN AS SCRATCHED...)
DARK BLUE
LIGHT BLUE (VERY RARE)
BLUE GREEN (MOST COMMON COLOR ESP 95' SEDANS..)
DARK GREEN
LIGHT GREEN
SILVER (SEVERAL SHADES OVER THE YEARS, THERE IS NO GREY!)
SILVER PLUM
PLUM
RED (VERY RARE)
MEDIUM RED
COPPER (YUCK!!)
PEARL WHITE (LIMITED EDITION)
BRONZE (VERY RARE)
YELLOW
PURPLE (VERY RARE)

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2002, 08:31 PM   #2
wolfman
wolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of lightwolfman is a glorious beacon of light

Default colors 2

SORRY HAD TO REPOST AS I FORGOT GOLD UNTIL AFTER MY 15 MINUTES WAS UP!!

I am trying to put together a list...just for my own sanity...of "Official Saturn" factory colors. (YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT PEOPLE CALL THEM!!!) Please let me know if I've missed any. NOTE: These are the FACTORY NAMES for the colors.
BROWN (VERY RARE)
BLACK
BLACK GOLD
DARK BLUE
LIGHT BLUE (VERY RARE)
DARK GREEN
LIGHT GREEN
GOLD
SILVER PLUM
PLUM
RED (VERY RARE)
MEDIUM RED
COPPER (YUCK!!)
BRONZE (VERY RARE)
YELLOW
PURPLE (VERY RARE)

Old Saturns never die, people KILL them, so check your damn oil!
"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." Albert Einstein

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolfman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolfman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-13-2002, 10:21 PM   #3
dulce75
dulce75 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
1998 SL

um
blackberry
medium blue
orange (or is it burnt orange?)
white
silver black
dark blue
etc.

------

I think most of the ones you missed are the newer ones. Oh, as for the blue-green ones, there are a million of them around here and I swear each is a different color. There's a bright aquamarine one, then there's the darker teal that my sister has (I think it was even called teal) and then there's the blue green.

Madison has Saturns of every single color mentioned. I see them all the time, even the ugly copper ones.

I must say the Saturn SLx looks really good in red. Not that dark red but the regular red. For the SCx though, it's overdone (how many sport coupes come in red?)

anyway...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dulce75's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dulce75 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-14-2002, 12:28 AM   #4
SaturnBeliever
SaturnBeliever is on a distinguished road

Aquamarine
BROWN (VERY RARE)
BLACK
Black Silver
Blackberry
BLACK GOLD
Cranberry
DARK BLUE
Dark Red
LIGHT BLUE (VERY RARE)
Medium Blue
DARK GREEN
LIGHT GREEN
Light Plum
GOLD (and Medium Gold - LSeries)
Green Gold (Homecoming Edition)
Grey Bronze
(Light Silver, Bright Silver, Silver and Grey
SILVER PLUM
Silver Blue
PLUM
RED (VERY RARE)
MEDIUM RED
COPPER (YUCK!!)
BRONZE (VERY RARE)
YELLOW
PURPLE (VERY RARE)
White and Cream White

and coming soon to a Retailer near you...
Medium Yellow (on Expression Series Vue)
Silver Green (on LSeries)
Bronze Silver (on LSeries) (I think that's the name!)

Any more out there?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnBeliever's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnBeliever reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-14-2002, 07:26 AM   #5
saturncanuck
saturncanuck is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2006 ION-3 Sedan

Don't forget that PURPLE when first introduced in 1995 on coupes only was called EGGPLANT. Then renamed PURPLE in 1996 as an all-line colour.

Also, MEDIUM BLUE GREEN
BLUE
MEDIUM GOLD
DARK RED
MEDIUM BLUE

David

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturncanuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturncanuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-14-2002, 07:53 AM   #6
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE

Some corrections, if I may:

Eggplant was called Plum (93-95)
Brown was called Beige (91-92)
Grey was available (91-94)
Light Blue is rare (91 only)
Bright Blue (91-92)
Blue Green (91-93)
Medium Blue Green (94-95)

There are 5 variations of Silver:
Sebring Silver (91-93, 02) S-Series & VUE
Silver (96-99) - This is a dark shade
Silver (00) - L-Series only
Light Silver (99-01) - S-Series only
Bright Silver (01-02) - L-Series only

I'm not sure why Red is being listed as rare..... it's the only color (besides white) that has been available every year from '91-'02.

I gathered this information from the sales brochures that I have collected since the introductory '91 model year .

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-14-2002, 04:55 PM   #7
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Don't forget HomeComing Green. Your best bet would be to call your Saturn parts dept. and try to get a listing of all of the touchup paints that they have... the names are stated right on our bottles.
~D.J.~

2012 Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
2008 smart fortwo Passion Coupe 8/28/2008 - 3/12/2012
2002 VUE FWD4m - Gone but not forgotten. 5/14/2002 - 10/31/2011

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OhioVueBoy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-14-2002, 05:08 PM   #8
bibliotech
bibliotech is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

Red (as opposed to Medium Red) is rare on the SLx.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bibliotech's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bibliotech reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-14-2002, 07:34 PM   #9
100KSW2
Master Member
100KSW2 is on a distinguished road

You forgot the VERY rare two tone Saturns from the 1st Generation (up through 1993). You could get SL2/SW2 in Medium Red over Silver (the Silver was below the Saturn swoosh along the side) or Silver over Grey (Grey the lower color). On SC(2) you could get Red over Silver, or Silver over Grey.

I think someone already pointed out White (non Pearl).

There were some limited edition colors, usually end of model year runs and/or special editions, most already noted. Was the very dark Silver limited edition SL1 (I think the first SL1 with color matched bumper covers) called Black Silver???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 100KSW2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 100KSW2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-15-2002, 12:44 AM   #10
saturncanuck
saturncanuck is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2006 ION-3 Sedan

Sorry Galileo, but you're wrong.

Plum and Eggplant were two different colours. I was selling them then so I know. The Plum was discontinued halfway thru 95 model year, replaced by Dark Green. Eggplant came in at the END of 95 model year as a special colour on COUPES only. The next year, Eggplant was renamed Purple and was avaialble on all line for the 96 Model year. Eggplant / Purple had the same colour code of 96U so it was the same colour and not Plum.

There

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturncanuck's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturncanuck reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-15-2002, 07:43 AM   #11
Galileo
Master Member

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally posted by JimC93SW2
There were some limited edition colors, usually end of model year runs and/or special editions, most already noted. Was the very dark Silver limited edition SL1 (I think the first SL1 with color matched bumper covers) called Black Silver???
I think you are refering to the '98 SL1 / SW1 with the painted front & rear fascias....... the color was called Grey Bronze.

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-15-2002, 07:48 AM   #12
Galileo
Master Member

2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally posted by saturncanuck
Sorry Galileo, but you're wrong.

Plum and Eggplant were two different colours. I was selling them then so I know. The Plum was discontinued halfway thru 95 model year, replaced by Dark Green. Eggplant came in at the END of 95 model year as a special colour on COUPES only. The next year, Eggplant was renamed Purple and was avaialble on all line for the 96 Model year. Eggplant / Purple had the same colour code of 96U so it was the same colour and not Plum.

There
Umm...... not sure of the reason for the attitude but this is the information that I have. The sales catalogs list the color Plum for the 93-95 model years even though the touch up paint bottles used to be labled Eggplant and the paint code is 5334. The Purple color was available for the 95-97 model year with the paint code of 267C.

This isn't meant to be smart, I'm just trying to share accurate information.

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-15-2002, 10:17 AM   #13
jaysc2
jaysc2 is on a distinguished road

I saw what looked like a 96-98 SL1 with a Peach type color. Is this the Silver Plum? Whatever it was, that is the only Saturn I have ever seen in that color and I'm very happy for that. It was a rather disturbing color. I don't want to sound sexist or anything but I fully expected to see a woman get in and drive away but instead I saw a guy who looked in his 30's. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that....it just surprised me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaysc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaysc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-15-2002, 06:41 PM   #14
OhioVueBoy
Master Member
OhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura aboutOhioVueBoy has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 2.2L

Silver Plum is best described as lavendar. A guy at work has a '95 Silver Plum SC2 that is riced out...
~D.J.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OhioVueBoy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-15-2002, 08:41 PM   #15
jaysc2
jaysc2 is on a distinguished road

This was definitely peach-like......was this a color offered by Saturn or was this just a custom paint job gone bad?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaysc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaysc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-15-2002, 09:54 PM   #16
OhioVueBoy
Master Member

2002 VUE 2.2L

No, Saturn did have a bright copperish-peach. We had one in for service at work the other day with a little old man driving it... I kinda like the color.
~D.J.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-15-2002, 10:18 PM   #17
SaturnSdn
Master Member
SaturnSdn will become famous soon enoughSaturnSdn will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-3 Sedan
2007 ION-3 Sedan

Red or bright red on the Sedans is rare. 1997 and 2001 each dealer got two-three bright red sedans. I have one of them, a 2001. Link below.

http://www.saturnperformance.com/pro...iew.asp?id=SL2

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SUTURNAUTOS/

The link just above is a place you can vote in polls on many things about Saturns including colors

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnSdn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnSdn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-15-2002, 10:25 PM   #18
David 93 SL2m
Master Member
David 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the roughDavid 93 SL2m is a jewel in the rough

2004 VUE 2.2L
2007 ION-3 Sedan
Quote:
Originally posted by JimC93SW2
You forgot the VERY rare two tone Saturns from the 1st Generation (up through 1993). You could get SL2/SW2 in Medium Red over Silver (the Silver was below the Saturn swoosh along the side) or Silver over Grey (Grey the lower color). On SC(2) you could get Red over Silver, or Silver over Grey.
Yes, the two-tones were available through the 1993 model year and then they were dropped. But they were only available on the SC/SC2 and the SL2.

I originally wanted an SL2 in the popular blue-green but I saw a 1993 SC2 two-tone silver over grey in the showroom. Loved it and learned it was available on the SL2. But the wagons were due out any week so I postponed my purchase until I could see them. But the two-tone paint was not available on the SW2, just on the SC2 (called the SC for the 1991 and 1992 model years) and on the SL2. So I ordered my 1993 SL2 on October 30, 1992 with silver over grey two-tone paint. The option code was D84 and the price was $160.

So both of my Saturns are rare colors! 1993 SL2 silver over grey two-tone and 1996 SC2 purple!

One day I'll get a scanner or digital camera and post better pictures than the one used in my Avatar...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to David 93 SL2m's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help David 93 SL2m reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-15-2002, 11:13 PM   #19
OhioVueBoy
Master Member

2002 VUE 2.2L

I have seen a few bright red SL1s too. We have a touchup paint bottle labeled "Dark Touradeour Red Metallic" at work too.
~D.j.~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-15-2002, 11:31 PM   #20
mikthehickNC
mikthehickNC is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
1996 SL1

I have a dark green SL1, and it's my fave color. But, one time, I saw this puke green SL--it was the ugliest color I've ever seen.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikthehickNC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikthehickNC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread