SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 07:44 AM   #1
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Dazed Ohio State Special VUE

Good try Saturn of Columbus. I hope you made those front seats stain proof because anything having to do with Ohio State makes me sick.

Oh how I hate Ohio State

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2002, 10:09 AM   #2
Qlara
Master Member
Qlara is on a distinguished road

Question

What's so Special about this OS VUE? (Except that two-tone leather interior....)

Any powertrain mod or .....well, maybe that's it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Qlara's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Qlara reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2002, 10:25 AM   #3
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Ohio State Special VUE

Quote:
Originally posted by John6
Good try Saturn of Columbus. I hope you made those front seats stain proof because anything having to do with Ohio State makes me sick.

Oh how I hate Ohio State
I'm not from Ohio but can you expain why you hate it? Something to do with Drew Carey

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2002, 12:45 PM   #4
kolonay
kolonay is on a distinguished road

Hmm, I wonder what a Bobby Knight VUE would be like....

I won't comment, I'll just let your imagination run wild

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kolonay's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kolonay reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2002, 12:53 PM   #5
SEVUE2002
SEVUE2002 is on a distinguished road

Cool Buckeye Fan Edition

I'd be interested in knowing the add ons and the price. Looks like just special leather to me.

I got a SE VUE with Classic Soft Trim two tone leather. Tan interior so I got two tone leather to match the two tone interior. Looks great and they put the Saturn Logo with the VUE logo on the head rest much like the OSU logo on the VUE Columbus Saturn had made.

I paid $1200 for my leather. Heated seats would have been an additional $200.

It looks so nice people think I paid nearly $30K for it.

Thank you Saturn for the $16,995 Special Edition!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SEVUE2002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SEVUE2002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2002, 02:07 PM   #6
BuckeyeVUE
BuckeyeVUE is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 3.6L
2002 VUE 2.2L
Default OSU VUE

First of all this OSU VUE is awesome... The only additions are the after market 2-tone leather and some body work OSU decals on the outside. At the dealership they have some Buckeye stuff in the back, etc. Anyway, the 2-tone leather is $1350. I almost went for it. I'm a huge Buckeye fan (because they are the best)...and lets admit it. A M*ch*g*n VUE would make ANYONE want to barf!! that ugly maize and blue....but I digress. I just didn't like the red VUE that much. I plan on making my Silver VUE a Buckeye VUE. I've already ordered the collegiate plates. Have to think of some tasteful additions. I have my alumni lifetime membership stickers and my College of Pharmacy stickers, but i don't know yet. Anyone get those college chrome things that match the "VUE" on the rear door. Do they look nice on any car, or do they wear out pretty quick??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BuckeyeVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BuckeyeVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2002, 04:52 PM   #7
BRI'S98SL-2
BRI'S98SL-2 is on a distinguished road

while in ann arbor MI a couple weekends ago i saw a michigan PT cruiser that was pretty ugly. it had pin stripes like the football helmets... but whoever did it wasnt that great cause i could tell from where i was that the pinstripes were off center, anyhoo. can someone tell me why people call it "THE ohio state university" and not just "ohio state university"?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BRI'S98SL-2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BRI'S98SL-2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2002, 04:58 PM   #8
YELO_SC2
YELO_SC2 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Happy

That VUE is awesome! From a soon-to-be buckeye, GO BUCKS!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to YELO_SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help YELO_SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2002, 05:02 PM   #9
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

I dont really care for red in the interior of a red car/truck...but speaking of pt crusiers what is the deal with the pt cruisers with the fake wood pannels on the side....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2002, 09:39 PM   #10
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Happy Re: Re: Ohio State Special VUE

Quote:
Originally posted by ricksLS1

I'm not from Ohio but can you expain why you hate it? Something to do with Drew Carey
Nah, I actually like the state of Ohio but I hate OSU football. I'm a Penn State fan and OSU solidified my dislike when they ran up the score *after* a PSU player's neck was broken in a game two seasons ago and the PSU players were in an obvious state of shock on the field. It was sweet being there this year when the Nittany Lions beat them and Joe Paterno broke Bear Bryant's record.

As for the VUE it looks kind of garish but fans of many teams are acquiring these customized team cars and the OSU version looks no worse than any other school's. My car decorations are limited to window decals and a couple of slap on paw print and lion magnets that appear only on game days.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-24-2002, 11:58 AM   #11
wayche
wayche is on a distinguished road

Go Bucks!

Man, those colors are making me miss Cowlumbus.

It actually looks sorta "reserved" compared to most of the crazy stuff they do up there. It really does look like a good all purpose tailgating vehicle, out of which you can serve your buckeye nut butter sandwiches.

Down here in Baton Rouge tho, at LSU the mascot is Mike the Tiger and the colors are purple and gold. So the local Nissan dealer likes to take yellow XTerras and paint them with purple tiger stripes, and put LSU logos on the headrests.

Believe it or not, they get away with charging well over $3000 over sticker just to do that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wayche's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wayche reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-24-2002, 12:50 PM   #12
jb72
jb72 is on a distinguished road

The reason that High Street Hi had to change its name to THE Ohio State was because too many people were confusing it with Ohio University (in Athens) ... which, btw, is a better school ... anyway ... the buckeees went to the Ohio legislature ... the Ohio General Assembly passed a law (really) and from then on High Street Hi had to be officially referred to as THE ohio state university

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jb72's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jb72 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-24-2002, 04:15 PM   #13
andrewfromaz
andrewfromaz is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Re: Re: Ohio State Special VUE

Quote:
Originally posted by John6

I'm a Penn State fan
Penn State... so sad. I don't have any particular animosity towards OSU, but I hate Penn State football and I hate Joe Pa. University of Pittsburgh all the way. Go Pitt! And the only thing I have against Drew Carey is that he's from Cleveland. Just remember, Cleveland didn't really set the lake on fire, just the garbage on top of the lake

As far as sports themed cars, if there's ever a Pittsburgh Steelers edition Saturn anything, I would have no choice but to buy it. Black leather, gold trim. Black exterior gold accents... huh... I can only hope.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to andrewfromaz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help andrewfromaz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread