SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Red Line
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2005, 10:53 PM   #1
Paisano
Paisano is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line
Default New Meat

Eventually, the stock Turanzas are gonna wear out. While I like 'em, I'm sure theres a better tire out there. Any suggestions? The highways I drive are fast, narrow, and unpredictable (livestock, oilfield traffic, farm machinery) and prone to drenching by passing cloudbursts. Almost like a rally, with quite a few miles of caliche and/or dirt roads, too.

On a slightly unrelated topic... dang, I love driving my Red Line!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Paisano's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Paisano reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Paisano is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2005, 07:37 PM   #2
SilverRL
SilverRL is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: New Meat

I do not need new tires yet (16K miles) but am always looking at tire prices to plan for the future replacement/modifications.

The tires that caught my interest are the 245/55/18 BFGoodrich tires (model KDWS or something like that). I think this size tire was standard on Camaros/Mustangs and other somewhat performance cars.

I have searched on many tire sites and the price for OEM-sized 245/50/18 tires seem to be $200+ normally. These 245/55/18 BFG are $131 at the TireRack.com site. Can not remember the speed rating (V or Z) but I do not think it was a reduction at all.

I was thinking the extra 5mm in sidewall height may fill the wheelwells a little better appearance-wise without negatively affecting handling too much - perhaps even a little smoother ride. Per the tire rack site info the tire width was approx .5 narrower but overall tirre diameter was slightly increased.

When looking for replacement tires I also hope to find a little quieter tire to reduce road noise.

Just some input,
Dan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SilverRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SilverRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SilverRL is offline   Reply With Quote