SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
smelland
smelland is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default 2005 speedometer inop

I have this 05 vue 2.2 5speed manual with no abs. and the speedo stopped working. removed the speed sensor and checked out the sensor and didn't find anything wrong with it. I connected my diag tool to the unit and took it for a test drive and the engine does not see speed. checked out the fault codes and there was none. Cleaned up all the ground and then I got a p0502, p0455,p0507,p1599. The only one that I am worried about and can not figure out at this time is the p0502. connected to the BCM and checked for related faults. there was one for a light. and I knew about that fix that and now there is no faults in the BCM and there is still the faults in the ecm.

Checked the wiring to the speed sensor and since its a 3 wire sensor I checked for voltage. ground and could not check the return wire. there is one wire with 12 vdc and one with .05 ohms resistance. replaced the speed sensor due to it being cheep and cleared the fault codes and p0502 returned. picked up the vehicle and inspected the reluctor ring for damage. and backprobed the wiring to see if there was a reading coming from the sensor. and there is.

sensor is good.
p0502 tells me the engine does not see the speed.
no speed signal to the engine means no speed signal to the bcm or anything else.

is it possible that the engine computer is going out. or is there something that I am missing and looking for a good pin out of the ecm connectors and the bcm connectors.

can the ecm be switched out with another ecm as long as it has the same part number on the back of the ecm?? these computers are not a major programmable item like the bcm?

I am going to be pinning out the wiring back to the ecm within the week sometime.

Purge the unclean!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to smelland's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help smelland reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
smelland is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2019, 09:41 PM   #2
BlueSky2654
BlueSky2654 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2005 speedometer inop

I am looking to buy a 2008 sky redline with manual shift- it has a non working speedo and code P0502 - not sure what to do if i replace the sensor and the code remains
Please help

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BlueSky2654's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BlueSky2654 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BlueSky2654 is offline   Reply With Quote